PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-14-2011, 10:34 PM #190
GatSplat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCulinarian View Post
I have a question. Has anyone been able to apply for and receive SBA loans or grants to start or expand their field?
I had a SBA loan in the past... it was actually for my scuba business, not paintball, and the loan officer that originally did the loan was just in my paintball shop about 3 weeks ago playing paintball with a small group.

He said things are a bit tighter than they were 7 years ago when I got my loan. Don't plan on a SBA loan to start... but maybe for an expansion, and then, according to what they told me then (and recently) only if you are getting a loan for hard assets, and you have a proven track record in the industry. So in other words, if you are looking to buy more land, wrap in a new compressor system, and more guns, you had better be able to show that you have 5 years plus of growing business, and be able to show that the adding of these assets will easily increase business enough to cover the debt payments.

The reason SBA was good is that they only required 5% down instead of 20%, so when I went to buy my first building, which was 500,000 and I needed to wrap in some finish out money as well. I outlined my experience and all the numbers here: http://www.scubatoys.com/paintball/s.../financing.asp

But I believe they have raised their requirements a bit now, and fewer banks are doing SBA loans, but it's worth a shot if you want to try.

Paintball Field Reservation & Digital Waiver System.
Absolutely Free from now through June 2014! No set up fees! No monthly fees.
GatSplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:09 AM #191
zjclarkson

If I were to start a field what type would be the best? Airball, Woodsball, Scenario, MilSim or a mixture of them?
zjclarkson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:12 AM #192
RLand
Red Dragons!

RLand posts videos on PbNation
RLand plays in the APPA D5 division
RLand has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjclarkson View Post
If I were to start a field what type would be the best? Airball, Woodsball, Scenario, MilSim or a mixture of them?
You want to be able to offer a variety of fields so that you can appeal to different type of players. We started with an attack/defend and a woodsball field and are in the process of adding an airball field. We are drawing in pretty good walk-on crowds with just the 2 fields open (more than we would with just an airball foeld or 2), but there is a lot of players that haven't come yet because they only want to play speedball/airball.

If you have a combination you can cater to them all.
RLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:02 PM #193
zjclarkson

Thanks RLand for the insight. Our area is mostly wooded and the players I have talked to do mostly woodsball but I believe that if air/speedball were available to them they would like it as well. We definitely don't want to get pigeoned holed into one certain game type.
zjclarkson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:16 PM #194
rodgovin

Want to start a paintball bussiness in Seychelles

Hi All,

Im from the Seychelles and I have been thinking of starting a paintball business here. Currently, there is no such business here. That is why i think this could work. We get a lot of tourists here and am sure the locals wants a new way to have fun. Am thinking of getting the equipments from south africa since its closer. I also need to find a peice of land. I think the land will be the major issue. If i can get a lease aggreement then that will be the most ideal situation. So what do you guys think of my idea. Any insider knowledge or tips.

Cheers
rodgovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:49 PM #195
mtrivera11

Hey guys me and my friend practice at eachothers homes we transport the gear easily bunkers etc but we use to get our air through a third party. But now we are looking into purchasing a compressor. I need help in choosing a compressor that isnt hard to move around you know one where it isnt stationary also what other components will i need. Thanks guys
mtrivera11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:17 PM #196
TeacherCreature

Anything major Im missing

I partnered with my neighbor who has a ranch.
He has 30 acres (20 unuses)
He offers Campgrounds for camping and drinking partying etc to groups like fraternity reunions and bachelor parties.

We want to offer packages for day activities (ie fishing rafting hiking rock climbing and paintball)
He has 3 fields about 60 x 80 and 14 acres of woods that I may use.
He has finished the zoning and added paintball as well as add paintball to the insurance.

We have 4 80cubic feet scuba tanks and 2 fillstations
6 tippmann 98s w 8 masks and 6 hpa tanks 47/3000

He has a relative at a firestation that will fill the tanks and provide all hydro teting free of charge.. I ordered 120 bails of hay for speedball bunkers and im working on adding 2 woodsball fields.

We want to increase rental units to about 20 to start, we will offer draxxus paint i think midgrade for about $70 (ten less then comp) per case and $10 entry fee and $10 for rentals this puts us barely a touch below the competition. I have two chronos , and we are looking at a stretch of netting to protect staging area.

Because of the advanced startup items already in place I am figuring 15 more tippman setups at about $100 a piece (1500) and netting ($500ish)
we should be up and running for $2000 - but Im guessing Im missing something any ideas here? (not counting marketing etc I know that but we wouldnt open for 5 more months and would work on those)

I saw somecalculator on 80Cubicfoot tanks providing like 20 fills each?> although we have nocascade system?

so I feel like im close but might be missing some things and would appreciate help thanks

ps this is hpa only and primarily caters to campers more than public although we are not opposed to that too.
TeacherCreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:08 PM #197
SAS NEW YORK
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargetIndy View Post
Thinking about starting a field? Read this first.
Thinking about starting a store? Check out these videos.

General Discussion
Developing A Business Plan
--Guide to Creating a Business Plan
--Sample Business Plan
--Paintball Industry and Injury Statistics
--Environmental Impact of Paintballs
--Occupancy Costs
--Approaching The Owner Of A Property
How Much Money Do Paintball Businesses Make?
General Care of Paintballs
Accepting Credit Cards
Point Of Sale Software
What To Look For When Hiring
Protecting Against Burglary
--Air & CO2
----The Definitive Air Fill Thread
----How To Read Hydro Labels
----Pricing for Air Fills
----Air Fill Station Components
----MSDS Sheets
------Compressed Air
------Nitrogen
------CO2

Research & Marketing Resources
Census Data By Zip Code

Stores
Read This First
How to setup a wholesale account
MAP Pricing Discussion
--Brick & Mortar
----Store Fixtures (Cabinets, Wall Grid, etc)
----Store Security

Fields
Advertising Your Field
Changing The Alarm Speed On Red Chronographs
Field Design Software
Financing a Field
What Netting Is Best?
Buying Netting? Buyer Beware!
How To Install Netting
Tricks for Griding Out An Airball Field
How to Setup & Tear Down Sup Air Bunkers
How to Clean Bunkers
How to Clean Up Paintballs/Reballs
Rental Gun Choices
Repairing Airball Bunkers
Hyperpipe
FPO vs. BYOP
--More Discussion on FPO vs. BYOP
Playing Field Dimensions
Ref Compensation
Effectiveness of Waivers

Court Rulings Relevant To Paintball
Paintball Waiver Upheld in New York Supreme Court
WI Court Of Appeals Rules Player Isn't Responsible For Another Player's Injury

Where To Get:
X-Ball Scoreboards
Surveying Tape (armbands)
--Reball
----Fee Discussion
----Hourly Sessions
----Motorized Hopper Issues
----Preventing Theft/Loss of Reballs
----Ruballs (Russian Variant)
--Indoor
----Flooring
----Building
----How To Install Turf
----GatSplat's Paintball Gobbler
--Outdoor
EXCELLENT INFORMATION, WILL SOON OPEN A FIELD IN MY COUNTRY "ECUADOR", INFORMATION LIKE THIS IS AWESOME
SAS NEW YORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:10 PM #198
paintking22
(◣_◢)

Annual Supporting Member
paintking22 is BST Legit
paintking22 plays in the PSP
paintking22 supports Team VICIOUS
paintking22 plays in the APPA D4 division
paintking22 is Legendary
paintking22 supports DLX Technology
Is there any information that anyone has seen on how to build a start/kill box with netting on it.

LUXE MOB
paintking22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:33 AM #199
Andrew7000ad

Andrew7000ad owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Andrew7000ad owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
I find myself in a pretty interesting position. Being on an isolated military base the paintball field we have is dismal. However the civilian guy they have "running" is pretty chill so I (along with some friend) have access to this field and the freedom to take the ample supplies the field has and mold it into something great which it has the potential for. We have a full set of fairly new speedball bunkers which we can set up after we tame the speedball field and a couple grand worth of wood to use to build and create a great woodsball field. I hope that my friends and I can take this field and turn it into something awesome that'll bring more people from the base to it and increase awareness about the sport, hopefully earning this beautiful sport some new loyal players.
Andrew7000ad is offline   Reply With Quote