PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-19-2002, 07:53 PM #1
ChiefBowman

has been a member for 10 years
Sentinel Opinions?

I'm thinking about picking up an AM Sentinel. Any thoughts? How does it compare to other blowbacks? To Automags/Autocockers?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-20-2002, 02:37 PM #2
Benson

I've been around a ton of sentinals over the course of this summer, and I am have been using a TS for my primary gun for about 2 months now.

The gun feels really soild in you hands, and these things can take a beating. I've just recently managed to scratch the anno, and only on the ball detente screws,because it's not as tough as the anno on the body, at least on the batch of guns mine came from, (last tourney had alot of wet sand and it got everywhere, and I didn't bother cleaning after every game) I also need to say that the anodizers do a real nice job.

The trigger doesn't have that click that spyders/ect have, it's all the same tension througout the pull. I find it a lot easier to fire faster than say the Spyder SE I had 3 years ago. A friends told me he liked the trigger better than his Bushy, but to each their own. If you do like the electro pull, I've heard there may be an e-frame coming out. They are also making an all-out electro pneumatic called the diadem.

The guns run Co2 reallly well, I saw a 20 oz siphon tank run directly into one, and the sentinel emptied it without and sign of freezeup. I can't say as much for my old spyder.

There are a few things that I have noticed. The barrel is large bore, which works well for most kinds of paint, but you may want another barrel if you like to shoot the real small stuff. You need to keep the bolt lubed. Being a blowback it does have the kick associated with them, but far less than spyders I've shot and it's easliy remedied when holding your gun correctly.

As far as preformance, the bps depends on how fast you can go on the trigger. The accuracy is extremely good shooting fresh rp/diablo with the right barrel. It's really reliable, and if you have a problem the people at AM are very helpful.

Out of any gun in the price range, I'd certainly pick this again, even over those low priced used cockers.

Last edited by Benson : 12-03-2002 at 10:34 PM.
Old 09-29-2002, 07:21 PM #3
Benson

Moderators...

Could a mod please move this and the "where to buy a sentinel?" thread to the AM forum??

Thanks,
Greg
Old 10-05-2002, 12:15 AM #4
Auctionjunkie!
PbN's G-Daddy

Annual Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is a Mega Moderator
Auctionjunkie! is a Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is BST Legit
Auctionjunkie! is a Paintball photographer
Auctionjunkie! is playing at Living Legends VII
Re: Moderators...

Quote:
Originally posted by Benson
Could a mod please move this and the "where to buy a sentinel?" thread to the AM forum??

Thanks,
Greg
Done,
Dan