Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-06-2001, 11:41 AM #1
ancientsgamer

has been a member for 10 years
Question New one on the way, now what?

Guys,

I have been avidly reading everybodies input and just wanted to take a moment and thank all of you that have contributed info to the Intimidator Forum. :-)

Well, I won the auction that was on Yahoo for the refurbed Intimidator SE (green to black fade). If I beat one of you out for it, sorry (but not too sorry ;-) This is my first electro but not my first marker. I have the buying disease... ;-)

I have some questions that will no doubt show my ignorance! Sorry if I have missed answers to these in other posts....

1. What am I going to need as soon as I get my marker? I have ordered a PMI carbon fiber 88/4500 tank but nothing else.

2. I have won a couple of palmer stabilizer regs. Will these be good enough? One is a female that I will probably use to mount with the ring mount bottom line. However, the other one is an inline model. Am I better off using it? If so, I am assuming I will need either braided hoses, macro lines, drop forward... etc. Geez I am getting lost here... ha ha What will I need with each setup of the Stab?

3. The stock barrels are J&J, correct? Will they be good to go for now?

4. I will probably get the SOB by year's end. Will I need a higher flow reg? If so, what are your comments on PMI Pure Energy, AKA Sidewinder, MAC DEV Gladiator, Vigilante or others? What plumbing/cradle would you recommend with these regs?

5. Any word on the cost for grip upgrades? I would like to get a rubber one, any suggestions?

6. I would like to get the kick low on the gun and also quiet it down, at the same time, I want to keep good gas effieciency. Any recommended bolt or other upgrades that will do all of this? Also, who would be best to do this? I have been to the Mountain Paintball site and seen Vern's Petty PB site as well. I am in Texas so I suppose Vern may be my best bet but I just don't want to miss out on something that I may have missed.

7. In the long term, do you recommend any other upgrades?

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for any help.
Old 08-06-2001, 03:43 PM #2
Omega6_Virus
Distributor of Pain

The stab will be fine. You could use the female on the drop and get gas through grip or use the male stab as a fore grip.
Since you have the tank and a regulator, you will be okay.
Braided or Macro line will be fine. It's your choice.
The stock barrel is very good for a stock one. Vern1 and Morphious use CP barrels which they prefer but they owned cockers before they got timmy's so I think they had the barrels and just wanted to see how well they preform.
As for a new reg, you will be okay with the Stabs. Hey you won em anyway, so why buy a new one. Once you get the SOB board you might want to see how your stab preforms for you, then get a Gladiator or a AKA. The PMI reg, well, sucks. The vigi is a good reg but the others are just as well and only a little more.
There are no rubber grips as of yet. I hear that GLOCK gun grip covers work great. Bob only has rigged grips.
Bob is making a new bolt. Same weight as the stock one. I have to stock bolt and its alright. I know Vern and Morph say they have VERY quiet guns. See what bolt they use. One of em will reply to this I'm sure.
I don't know about any other upgrades.
Old 08-06-2001, 08:00 PM #3
Morphious

Omeg6_Virus is right one of us will reply.

The Female stab should work fine I know it will flow good. If you are wanting to get another reg we are using the Glads right now. Bob has suggested the Hyper Flow inline regs he says they are amazing. If you are any where near Austin you might give us a call. We are located just out side of Austin Texas. We just received the New bolt this afternoon, and will be testing them out ot see how they work. We are currently using the Stock Bolts, LP Mod Trigger Mod. Miller reg housing, SOBs and a few other little tricks that we have done. Info is in my Sig below it might help you to see thing clearly before you get to see your gun.
Old 08-07-2001, 03:42 PM #4
ancientsgamer

Morphius,

Yes, I live fairly close by. I live in Northeast San Antonio. Are you out NW of Austin? Don't know how soon I can stop by but I will probably give you guys a call once I get my gun. I would rather have some experienced help rather than trying to figure everything out myself. Ron here at Alamo City PB is a great airsmith but I don't think he would be the one to look at this just yet. Thanks so much for the info so far!

Talk to you soon,

Chris
Old 08-07-2001, 03:52 PM #5
Morphious

We are SE of Austin. We are Located Between Lockhart and Bastrop off highway 20. Check out our web site for directions. We are always here to help.
Old 08-07-2001, 04:30 PM #6
ancientsgamer

Morphius,

Very cool! Get my marker upgraded and eat awesome BBQ on the same day! It DOESN't get any better than this:-) Will have to give you guys a call... Looks like the drive is a lot shorter than I thought. We play at Lonestar down here but Petty is not much further actually. I do remember seeing some directions to the field but didn't snap to how much closer it is than the field I used to go to in NW Austin.

Thanks again,

Chris