PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-04-2006, 05:18 PM #1
CrazyBear

Which should i buy

im 16 right now and have about 650 in the bank but parents are willing to help me out on a car.

so the question is should i buy:
1988 Mazda 323 GTX. Full time AWD turbo with only 60k on engine and turbo. Cost 1500 and the only problem is that brake lines need to be flared.

or

1993 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo AWD for 1950 with 111000 miles on it with a rebuilt turbo

or

Eclipse GS 91 - $1500 with 4 cylinder 1.8 engine and a 5 speed transmission
and this one has no problems.

Im primarily looking for a car that has these features:
good gas mileage
4wd awd or quatro drive (i live in colorado and we get plenty of snow)
some decent horsepower ie over 100 at least
and isn't neccesarily a sports car because it'll raise my insurance quite a bit.
Also I want a car that is durable and isn't too ugly looking.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-04-2006, 05:26 PM #2
pballa11 (Banned)

if it was me i would just save my money longer and buy something nicer
Old 01-04-2006, 05:28 PM #3
CrazyBear

that's what i was thinking but ill probaly have to save for about a year or two to get something nice. Those are only right now options.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:43 PM #4
toolbandfan
The dude abides

toolbandfan is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
toolbandfan is playing at Living Legends VII
Do you absolutely have to have a car right now? I'd just save up for two years and get one when I'm 18. Unless you can't take the bus/have your parents take you to schoo, I'd wait and get a nicer vehicle. Get a part time job or something and save every dollar for a car, then you get a new car.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:51 PM #5
CrazyBear

i have a part time job and i use one of my parents cars.
right now my money goes too:
gas
insurance
paintball
computer
college savings
new car

pretty soon computer and paintball will be off that list for a while.
and yeah right now my ride is an 1994 nissan sentra sedan with about 120k on it. I was thinking about buying it from my parents since the thing never dies or has any problems except it's a little slow and the trunk tends to fill up with water when it rains for a while, not too bad though just makes the floor in the trunk damp and where the spare sits has a little water.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:53 PM #6
toolbandfan
The dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBear
i have a part time job and i use one of my parents cars.
right now my money goes too:
gas
insurance
paintball
computer
college savings
new car

pretty soon computer and paintball will be off that list for a while.
and yeah right now my ride is an 1994 nissan sentra sedan with about 120k on it. I was thinking about buying it from my parents since the thing never dies or has any problems except it's a little slow and the trunk tends to fill up with water when it rains for a while, not too bad though just makes the floor in the trunk damp and where the spare sits has a little water.
Well, if your parents don't use the vehicle much, just keep borrowing it and maintain it until you can buy your own vehicle. If the thing has never been totalled, and has always been maintained, it might be worth buying it from your parents.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:00 PM #7
CrazyBear

never been totaled the only thing thats happened is the front passenger side got hit but was a cheap repair. And yeah it has been maintained fine. I could get it for cheap too since we tried trading it in and they said to either donate it to charity for a tax right off or they'll give us 400. So i could get it for maybe 300 or less.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:11 PM #8
toolbandfan
The dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBear
never been totaled the only thing thats happened is the front passenger side got hit but was a cheap repair. And yeah it has been maintained fine. I could get it for cheap too since we tried trading it in and they said to either donate it to charity for a tax right off or they'll give us 400. So i could get it for maybe 300 or less.
You could sell it for more then $400 as long as it runs well and the body is in decent shape. If you trade it in, they want to make a profit off the trade in, so they won't offer much.

I'd say it's worth about $2,200? I don't know.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:28 PM #9
CrazyBear

crazy i looked up on google some images of nissan sentras and we have a 1998 nissan sentra gxe. Wow they always told me it was a 1994. I looked up the blue book and this is what i got. Since it is in "good" condition we should get about 3700. And with deductions due to some scratches and a little rust probaly should get about 3200 or more.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:58 PM #10
CrazyBear

actually based of another site and when we purchased the car it is either a 1995 or 1996 due to the generation of the vehicle. Blue book says 2195 but with the little things it has we could possibly get 1600 from it.