PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-25-2005, 08:03 PM #1
llamsklat
I am the old talksmall

subs and speakers

i have a maxima and it doesnt have steel plates i want 2 10s or something like that not over $500 for the amp, installation, and speakers and box.
i already have a cd player and stock Bose speakers in the back and doors. I was looking at jl speakers and they look very nice but they are too expensive.

what do you guys think about this? and how would I get a box for thses, how much $$?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6986817&type=product&id=10993897 02012
I really want to buy them @ best buy because I have like $200 in gift cards to there.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

-Casting Crowns "Who Am I"
Go Bucs! 10-5
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-25-2005, 08:08 PM #2
redneck100 (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamsklat
i have a maxima and it doesnt have steel plates i want 2 10s or something like that not over $500 for the amp, installation, and speakers and box.
i already have a cd player and stock Bose speakers in the back and doors. I was looking at jl speakers and they look very nice but they are too expensive.

what do you guys think about this? and how would I get a box for thses, how much $$?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6986817&type=product&id=10993897 02012
I really want to buy them @ best buy because I have like $200 in gift cards to there.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
I blew an xplod amp, and have heard xplod speakers sound like ****, but my 800 watt subwoofer has a higher rms wattage...and it's only 800 watts. My dub will do 400 rms. So basically saying, if u wanting a lot of bass, i'ma out hit you until you get that subwoofer maxed out.
Old 12-25-2005, 08:09 PM #3
llamsklat
I am the old talksmall

right, so what should I do?

Go Bucs! 10-5
Old 12-25-2005, 08:14 PM #4
mynameisgeorgel

Ebay would be the way to go. I'd say go with 2 kicker comp 10's. They're only like $50 a piece on ebay. Boxes go for like $50 on there and you can probably get a nice Infinity or Memphis amp for around $150-$200. Installation is $60 a circuit city.
Old 12-25-2005, 08:17 PM #5
redneck100 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamsklat
right, so what should I do?
well, it's got good frequency response. and 330 rms is ok, If you don't have enough money, cuz i really don't either. I'd ask about a return policy, and if u can take it back, buy it and see how you like it. Some of the stats are pretty good, and some are bad. Everysub has it's draw backs. What you should do though, get on google and find reviews for it. See how other people like it first.

Pay attention to the stats before you buy anything, and pay attention to the reviews. Look for subwoofers that come with their own boxes because those boxes are designed for their output. Google reviews, look around ebay, and just be patient.
Old 12-25-2005, 09:06 PM #6
llamsklat
I am the old talksmall

alright, thanks redneck for some real, actually good advice

Go Bucs! 10-5
Old 12-25-2005, 11:31 PM #7
Rogue-Assassin
Un-emo Elmo

Whatever you do, don't buy sony subs. They are total peices of ****. They are NOT loud and they do NOT sound good. I have heard many installs with them and they all suck. If you must buy from best buy, you might want to check out Power Acoustic's FUBR subs. They will get decently loud and wont sound too nasty doing it. A single 15 or 12 of them will sound much better than two of those sony 10s.

Originally posted by $horT_$trokE
If Jesus was born in 2005, his name would have been Google.

Quote from Vincent in Gattaca
You want to know how I did it? This is how I did it, Anton: I never saved anything for the swim back.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:54 AM #8
iMmOrTaLiTy

iMmOrTaLiTy is playing at Living Legends III
iMmOrTaLiTy is playing at Living Legends V
iMmOrTaLiTy is playing at Living Legends VI
iMmOrTaLiTy is playing at Living Legends VII
http://edesignaudio.com/product.php?code=29

CCM T2

Bob Long G6R

Trader Feedback