Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-22-2005, 10:00 PM #22
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

has been a member for 10 years
Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
I thought you said your car was at 3k at 70?

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-22-2005, 10:02 PM #23
blue69camaro383 (Banned)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07
I thought you said your car was at 3k at 70?
my current 84 does with the auto and 3.73s...that was my other 84 that had a t56 6spd and 3.23s...it had ALOT of top end
Old 12-22-2005, 10:04 PM #24
david_4x4 (Banned)
Huffing Diesel Smoke

<--------Straight Pipe tried and true
Old 12-22-2005, 10:04 PM #25
ICB(In Cold Blood)
The Mastodon

ICB(In Cold Blood) is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtleman321
yeah i hate motorcycles my nieghbor has one and in the summer at like 5 in the morning he sits there and revs it up for like 15 minutes before he leaves every morning

lol, buy some dual pane windows and call it a day.

I have a neighbor that drives his rustang by every moarning, it's loud as all hell. Don't know what kind of exaust it is but it sounds like cherry bombs. So every chance I get when I pass his house I just smash it and listen to the exaust bounce off the houses. Neighbors probly hate me, but it sounds good.

Old Feedback 40 Posotive, 0 Negative
Old 12-22-2005, 10:07 PM #26
hothead2

hothead2 is a founding member
I'll just ask for the stock for christmas. My grandmother so far is only getting me money.
ping-pong
Old 12-22-2005, 10:08 PM #27
Rebeltilldeath3
Suicide Messiah

Rebeltilldeath3 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
For those *****ing about Harleys being too loud......

If people would respect them on the road, then most wouldn't be concerned about having loud pipes.

Loud pipes save lives. Many people are too stupid to pay attention to anything other then a car, so they'll cut off bikes, run them off the road, pull out in front of them, etc.

Loud pipes make you heard and your presence is recognized, it's as simple as that.

Now some ARE excessive, but sound awesome. My buddy lives about a mile and a half away. When he pulls out of his driveway I can hear his bike from my house. I love taking that bike into parking lots and setting off every car alarm.
How I'd miss all the whiskey an' women.
I tried to be true, but it's all I can do,
Keepin' up with the Jonesin'
Old 12-22-2005, 10:12 PM #28
blue69camaro383 (Banned)
Banned

i personally think its retarded to have the **** that loud...it would be like me riding with open headers...annoying and pointless...also you dont need to sit and rev the damn bike for 15 minutes at 3am...**** pisses me off something fierce

dont know about you but the harley idiots around here drive like...well...idiots...not long ago a person was killed crossing the main drag because some drunk biker was doing over 60mph drunk on his bike and rammed that person...

the weaving your bike thing between cars is another fav...no wonder why these people get hit...loud pipes are not gonna help you when you cut someone off and get clipped by a car when you are flying past them and they have no time to react the proper way
Old 12-22-2005, 10:15 PM #29
Rebeltilldeath3
Suicide Messiah

Most Harley riders are extremely respectful and aware of their surroundings. Loud pipes do save lives though, most riders will stand by that. Think about it, how do you usually know there's a Harley around you? By hearing it. They're hard to see.

The crotch rocket guys are the ones who go ridiculous speeds and weave in and out of traffic. I ****ing hate them with a passion.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:16 PM #30
iMmOrTaLiTy

iMmOrTaLiTy is playing at Living Legends III
iMmOrTaLiTy is playing at Living Legends V
iMmOrTaLiTy is playing at Living Legends VI
iMmOrTaLiTy is playing at Living Legends VII
[quote=blue69camaro383also you dont need to sit and rev the damn bike for 15 minutes at 3am...**** pisses me off something fierce
[/QUOTE]
YES!!! I hate this. There is no way they have to rev their bikes so much after starting them. They just sit there for forever thinking they're cool. The truth is they're all middle aged, fat, balding, and have dead end jobs. I hate them so much.

CCM T2

Bob Long G6R

Trader Feedback
Old 12-22-2005, 10:18 PM #31
blue69camaro383 (Banned)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMmOrTaLiTy
YES!!! I hate this. There is no way they have to rev their bikes so much after starting them. They just sit there for forever thinking they're cool. The truth is they're all middle aged, fat, balding, and have dead end jobs. I hate them so much.
pretty much...you can enjoy your ride whatever it be withoput being so damn loud it annoys people in the next state...i can't even deal with a car with an exhaust that is so damn loud...
Old 12-22-2005, 10:22 PM #32
Rebeltilldeath3
Suicide Messiah

Ignorance is truely bliss.

A lot of Harleys need to be warmed up well before being driven, especially the old school carburated ones. Try kick starting a Harley and not giving it gas, won't happen. Even when you do give it gas, if you stop before it's warm, it'll stall.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:33 PM #33
iMmOrTaLiTy

My neighbor got a brand new one last summer and "warmed it up" for at least 15-20 minutes every time he would ride it. His warming up consisted of revving it to unnecesarily high rpm's. It sounded as if he was bouncing it off of a limiter. I am so glad it's winter right now.

CCM T2

Bob Long G6R

Trader Feedback
Old 12-22-2005, 10:39 PM #34
Rebeltilldeath3
Suicide Messiah

That just proves he's a ****ing rub (rich urban biker) then.

A) For warming up a EFI motor...
B) For not riding in the winter, I can't name one person I know that DOESN'T ride in the winter. Hell, I've seen a few Harleys out when there's an inch of snow packed on the roads.

He's just revving it to hear himself, he probably has a small cock.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:45 PM #35
iMmOrTaLiTy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebeltilldeath3
That just proves he's a ****ing rub (rich urban biker) then.

A) For warming up a EFI motor...
B) For not riding in the winter, I can't name one person I know that DOESN'T ride in the winter. Hell, I've seen a few Harleys out when there's an inch of snow packed on the roads.

He's just revving it to hear himself, he probably has a small cock.
He's not rich. He won 175000 lottery like a month after he and his wife got divorced. He's like 30 somethin years old. He also bought a jeep that he then proceeded to lift it and chrome it out. It is also insanely loud. He's also huge and lifts a lot in his basement. I don't think he has a job anymore lol.

You're just used to seeing them ride the bikes because you're from down south. Up here in Illinois noone rides their bikes when it starts to get cold. I never see anyone on the highways or anything.

The funniest biker is probably this African American guy(no racism intended, but using to tell a story) that wears a yellow leather jacket and black pants with a yellow helmet and black stripe on it. His bike is also yellow with black stripes on it. He looks like a human bumble bee and he blares rap from his bike and drives all over the town. One time he left it outside up on the square outside the liquor store and there were families out on the square and all of the parents looked with disgust at him because of all of the words that were blaring from his radio. He also does this a lot at the post office. I don't understand why. Oh yeah he's also got a long yellow scarf lol.

CCM T2

Bob Long G6R

Trader Feedback
Old 12-22-2005, 10:49 PM #36
r1owner
All Cars Suck!

r1owner is a founding member
Quote:
Most Harley riders are extremely respectful and aware of their surroundings. Loud pipes do save lives though, most riders will stand by that. Think about it, how do you usually know there's a Harley around you? By hearing it. They're hard to see.

The crotch rocket guys are the ones who go ridiculous speeds and weave in and out of traffic. I ****ing hate them with a passion.
LOL, so much crap in this post! Loud pipes DO NOT save lives. It's funny... removing the muffler actually reduces performance. Only time I hear one of those POS Harley's is when its just next to my door or just in front of me.

The only thing that helps save lives on a motorcycle is riding smart. It is most certainly NOT a pipe.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:54 PM #37
hothead2

hothead2 is a founding member
My great uncle was killed in a motorcycle accident back in the late 70's. Tracktor trailer didn't see him in the lane and merged in to his lane. That was the end of him.
ping-pong
Old 12-22-2005, 10:58 PM #38
r1owner
All Cars Suck!

Quote:

Here is a link to a good article that explains the physics of noise and cites an example by the Hurt study (a highly respected study of motorcycle accidents).

http://www.knowledge-finder.com/tech...oud-pipes.html

Yeah, I love how the majority (99%) of the Harley riders rev their engines while at a stop light or when trying to get that ton of POS moving from a stop by reving it at the stop sign by my house. I think they have to do that cause they also set their idle rediculously low (so low that it won't run without reving it).
Old 12-22-2005, 10:59 PM #39
brentR
way fast whitey

whats a muffler?

straight pipes
Old 12-22-2005, 11:13 PM #40
plpntbll

plpntbll is a Supporting Member
clap clap clap clap....

here in IL when any one looks at a harley guy they have to gun it, its a law. they spin there tires off every light, they think there cool. and yes i do mean spin, smoke, burn out.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:06 AM #41
Rebeltilldeath3
Suicide Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1owner
Here is a link to a good article that explains the physics of noise and cites an example by the Hurt study (a highly respected study of motorcycle accidents).

http://www.knowledge-finder.com/tech...oud-pipes.html

Yeah, I love how the majority (99%) of the Harley riders rev their engines while at a stop light or when trying to get that ton of POS moving from a stop by reving it at the stop sign by my house. I think they have to do that cause they also set their idle rediculously low (so low that it won't run without reving it).

Aw, someone's a little biased.

It's nice you didn't try defending that most people on crotch rockets are douche bag morons. I can count about 6 different spots in a 10 minute drive from my house where there are crosses along side the road because some moron on a crotch rocket thought he could defy the odds.

Granted, there are A LOT out there (including yourself) that realize that speed is for the track, not the streets.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:17 AM #42
r1owner
All Cars Suck!

Quote:
Aw, someone's a little biased.

It's nice you didn't try defending that most people on crotch rockets are douche bag morons. I can count about 6 different spots in a 10 minute drive from my house where there are crosses along side the road because some moron on a crotch rocket thought he could defy the odds.

Granted, there are A LOT out there (including yourself) that realize that speed is for the track, not the streets.
Why would I defend someone for doing something I think is wrong? Just as I don't appreciate some jerkoff purposely reving his loud bike (or car for that matter) by my house, I won't endorse someone driving like a moron.

I have a loud exhaust system on my RX7. I never get bothered (by the police) because I don't drive down my neighborhood (or anyone elses for that matter) streets going 40 MPH in 1st gear.

Don't get me wrong, I actually think Harley's are the coolest looking cruisers. I tried to talk my Dad into buying a Roadstar instead. After looking at both of them, I prefer the look of the Harley. Just not the mentality of the majority of the riders.