Old 11-08-2002, 09:31 PM #43
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
Who are these Misfits you speak of?

Sieriously, though, I've heard of em but never paid them no mind. If they are AFI's supposed inspiration I might check em out. Truly, AFI is my favorite band. They bridged the gap between my olden days of listening to ****ty pop "hardcore" music like Limp Bizkit and KORN to the underground music I didn't even know existed. THe dude's voice is just freakin' awesome, I can barely understand what he say most the time but its more like an instrument with the music than actual vocals. Truly great stuff. Of course I don't listen or not listen to music because this dude so original or like this other band. If it gives me a rush when I listen to it, I like it. And who cares if they are like the misfits anyway? Look a 75% (if not more) of the underground punk/hardcore scene, alot of the bands sound EXACTLY the same.And since I don't go to many shows in the first place, I could care how they dress, and really even if I did go to shows, I wouldn't care. I like AFI because I can pop in "Black Sails..." and it never gets old.
Old 11-08-2002, 11:42 PM #44
ThaFiend
Banned

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Fall_Child

And no, I won't face it that AFI aren't as creative as the misfits, because IMO, AFI is just as creative as the misfits, just in different ways.

They don't anymore. They're a perfectly good band it just pisses me off to see kids walking down the street singing Halloween or Last Caress thinking it was AFI, when they just heard a cover....... I dont' hate AFI that's just happened to me like 10 times in the past month and it's gotten quite annoying.
Old 11-09-2002, 11:21 AM #45
Poser
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by ThaFiend
Last Caress.

I love that song, both versions. The lyrics are great
Old 11-12-2002, 12:10 AM #46
Fall_Child
wait, what?

Quote:
Originally posted by automagsrule
to thafiend: "I dont care enough to argue" is just a fancy way fo saying "I was wrong, I am an ***, and I cant pull facts out of the air fast enough to answer your questions" so either admit your a complete moron or give us a straight answer how AFI copied misfits.

OHH BUUUURRN!!!!!

OH man, that was great! haha, I missed that the first time around lol.
Old 11-12-2002, 09:24 PM #47
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
yeah I didn't realize Last Caress was a Misfit song til someone told me. Not heard the Mistfit version. I did listen to some Misfits this past weekend, good stuff, might consider picking up an album next time my wallet allows me to.