What do you think of the Cobalt SS supercharged - Page 3 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-25-2005, 12:33 AM #43
cosmec
Resident Complainer
 
cosmec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New York City
cosmec is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty4/7_Ep3
art the quality of a srt4 and a rsx-s is not even debatable. and a srt4 doesnt look mean. it looks like a riced neon. because it is. it looks as if you could take it offroading.
And a RSX looks like a civic with aftermarket lights on it. Big deal. RSX is still a better car, though.
cosmec is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-25-2005, 04:29 AM #44
xAskingForItx
2k1er n00btastic
 
xAskingForItx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: WA
xAskingForItx is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirarte
ah. because the power ratings are pretty distinct. The Coby only churns 205, the dodge 230.
edit: Sick, the quality of that entire sector is so negligible, that the SRT-4s FI might be a sale for itself. handling allegedly sucks, but it does have an LSD...:shrug: plus, the thing looks MEAN.
I hear the numbers on those srt4-s are hugely underrated and that those cars are actually quite capable if you can handle the massive torque steer. There's no way a Cobalt SS can touch one of these. I'd never own one though, it's a damn neon.

It's a proven fact that teenagers are more reckless and negligent while driving then their older counter parts. This is why insurance rates at that age suck and continue to suck until you're 25.

It's easy to say you're responsible on the internet, but the second a 16 year gets in a car like any of the ones discussed in the thread and someone pulls up next to him and revs at him at a stoplight, the recklessness is on. It's just fact, showing off is a part of life. Of course there are exceptions for every rule, I don't have a single accident or ticket and I'm nearing 25yo country.

Last edited by xAskingForItx : 12-25-2005 at 04:32 AM.
xAskingForItx is offline  
Old 12-25-2005, 04:42 AM #45
blue69camaro383 (Banned)
 
blue69camaro383's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
in magazine comparisons they were rating the cobalt as being just as fast STOCK as the srt-4 with the times they had.....now modded would be a different story
blue69camaro383 is offline  
Old 12-25-2005, 08:50 AM #46
xAskingForItx
2k1er n00btastic
 
xAskingForItx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: WA
xAskingForItx is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Yea but magazines always have an agenda, wether it be brown nosing the advertisers that pay the most or some other biasm.

http://www.modernracer.com/chevroletcobaltsssup.html
Cobalt
0-60: 6.4
1/4 mile: 14.9

http://www.modernracer.com/dodgeneonsrt4.html
0-60: 5.6
1/4 mile: 14.2


It also depends how hard the reviewer runs the car...these numbers seem slightly conservative
xAskingForItx is offline  
Old 12-25-2005, 08:50 AM #47
PRO-E83
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Massachusetts
i saw a road test done between the ION, COBALT, SRT-4, and i believe the RSX. they're outcome was the srt-4 dominated all aspects of speed and handling. Altough they gave the award to the RSX saying it was a better built car yada yada yada.
PRO-E83 is offline  
Old 12-25-2005, 08:51 AM #48
PRO-E83
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Massachusetts
people have the srt-4 in the 13's stock
PRO-E83 is offline  
Old 12-25-2005, 10:21 AM #49
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie
 
Featherlite 07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Honey Badger University
 has been a member for 10 years
Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
The RSX doesn't deserve the acura badge. honda should be working on making acura into a real upscale brand. Acura is never mentioned with the likes of BMW, Benz, or Lexus.
__________________
Team Aircraft Carrier - Admiral

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Featherlite 07 is offline  
Old 12-25-2005, 11:46 AM #50
Twenty4/7_Ep3
GangSTA
 
Twenty4/7_Ep3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: IL,nw AR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07
The RSX doesn't deserve the acura badge. honda should be working on making acura into a real upscale brand. Acura is never mentioned with the likes of BMW, Benz, or Lexus.
i guess you have never seen the inside of a rsx. or let alone driven one.

and acura rl > bmw counterpart
__________________
ST:F Come at me bro
ST:A because racecar
1996 Civic Race
1992 Civic Street
Twenty4/7_Ep3 is offline  
Old 12-25-2005, 11:48 AM #51
cosmec
Resident Complainer
 
cosmec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New York City
cosmec is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07
The RSX doesn't deserve the acura badge. honda should be working on making acura into a real upscale brand. Acura is never mentioned with the likes of BMW, Benz, or Lexus.
Truth. The RSX while a nice car, is NOT luxurious. I love when my friend raves about how much luxury his RSX has.

It doesnt even have a power drivers seat.
cosmec is offline  
Old 12-25-2005, 11:48 AM #52
Pirarte (Banned)
 
Pirarte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: long islandizzle, NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty4/7_Ep3
and acura rl > bmw counterpart
I respectfully disagree. I was in one. Nice? no doubt, but awkward. the previous RL looked better, IMO. MUCH less athletic ofcourse, but....
Pirarte is offline  
Old 12-25-2005, 11:49 AM #53
Twenty4/7_Ep3
GangSTA
 
Twenty4/7_Ep3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: IL,nw AR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirarte
I respectfully disagree. I was in one. Nice? no doubt, but awkward. the previous RL looked better, IMO. MUCH less athletic ofcourse, but....
please art just stfu.
__________________
ST:F Come at me bro
ST:A because racecar
1996 Civic Race
1992 Civic Street
Twenty4/7_Ep3 is offline  
Old 12-25-2005, 11:51 AM #54
Twenty4/7_Ep3
GangSTA
 
Twenty4/7_Ep3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: IL,nw AR
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmec
Truth. The RSX while a nice car, is NOT luxurious. I love when my friend raves about how much luxury his RSX has.
Im not saying its a luxury car but it has far more luxury features then its fellow cars in its class. the cobalts interior doesnt even deserve mention. and you rave about power seats. the srt4 has manual windows in the back.
__________________
ST:F Come at me bro
ST:A because racecar
1996 Civic Race
1992 Civic Street
Twenty4/7_Ep3 is offline  
Old 12-25-2005, 11:51 AM #55
Pirarte (Banned)
 
Pirarte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: long islandizzle, NY
 has been a member for 10 years
please sick just develop an argument.
edit: the Ridgeline further displays Honda's need for a V8...IT'S USING A TUNED ODYSSEY ENGINE.
Quote:
. the srt4 has manual windows in the back.
Number of people who care: 0.
if you buy an SRT-4, you did not purchase a Neon to provide ammenities for your passengers. You bought the SRT trim of the neon to, with proper mods, own F-bodies.

Last edited by Pirarte : 12-25-2005 at 12:26 PM.
Pirarte is offline  
Old 12-25-2005, 11:54 AM #56
Twenty4/7_Ep3
GangSTA
 
Twenty4/7_Ep3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: IL,nw AR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirarte
please sick just develop an argument.
edit: the Ridgeline further displays Honda's need for a V8...IT'S USING A TUNED ODYSSEY ENGINE.
art once again you know nothing. read reviews. it has more available power then any truck in its class.

art how can you say anything of a acura rl because you sat in one.
__________________
ST:F Come at me bro
ST:A because racecar
1996 Civic Race
1992 Civic Street
Twenty4/7_Ep3 is offline  
Old 12-25-2005, 11:58 AM #57
Twenty4/7_Ep3
GangSTA
 
Twenty4/7_Ep3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: IL,nw AR


vs.

and now the sweetest back seat ever.
__________________
ST:F Come at me bro
ST:A because racecar
1996 Civic Race
1992 Civic Street
Twenty4/7_Ep3 is offline  
Old 12-25-2005, 12:02 PM #58
Lucidus
T-rex Rawr
 
Lucidus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: New Jersey
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO-E83
people have the srt-4 in the 13's stock
My buddy made a boost controller for 10 bucks and ran his with 21 pds of boost. Nothing touched us around here, we were beating evos, stis...you name it we beat it. It had to be heavily modified to touch us.
__________________
When in doubt, throttle out.
Support the ASPCA
http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer...me=donate_home
Lucidus is offline  
Old 12-25-2005, 12:02 PM #59
cosmec
Resident Complainer
 
cosmec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New York City
cosmec is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Ok. But what you are failing to remember is Chevy and Dodge never claimed their car to be luxurious. Acura technically is a LUXURY brand. The RSX is not a LUXURY car.
cosmec is offline  
Old 12-25-2005, 12:07 PM #60
Tyler valo (Banned)
 
Tyler valo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
How can you lose with a Chevy?
Tyler valo is offline  
Old 12-25-2005, 12:09 PM #61
xAskingForItx
2k1er n00btastic
 
xAskingForItx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: WA
xAskingForItx is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty4/7_Ep3
i guess you have never seen the inside of a rsx. or let alone driven one.

and acura rl > bmw counterpart
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
xAskingForItx is offline  
Old 12-25-2005, 12:22 PM #62
Twenty4/7_Ep3
GangSTA
 
Twenty4/7_Ep3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: IL,nw AR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidus
My buddy made a boost controller for 10 bucks and ran his with 21 pds of boost. Nothing touched us around here, we were beating evos, stis...you name it we beat it. It had to be heavily modified to touch us.
isnt that car in the junkyard?
__________________
ST:F Come at me bro
ST:A because racecar
1996 Civic Race
1992 Civic Street
Twenty4/7_Ep3 is offline  
Old 12-25-2005, 12:56 PM #63
playapat12
LS7
 
playapat12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Houston
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirarte
You bought the SRT trim of the neon to, with proper mods, own F-bodies.

My (v6)F-body will never be owned by a neon, because he still owns a neon.
__________________
BLUE NASTY IMP STOLEN #741

BLUE NASTY IMP RECOVERED 9-24-06 :D


Dogs are forever in the pushup position.
playapat12 is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump