PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-22-2006, 07:04 PM #211
brew crew fatboy
Brew Crew#55

has been a member for 10 years
Anyone know what the longest time was without the defenders winning?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-23-2006, 07:50 PM #212
Crash STP
AKA ActionBob

Crash STP is a Supporting Member
37 days to go.....
Old 03-23-2006, 08:56 PM #213
brewcrewbutterball

Talking

I don't think that times from earlier Castles can be used to judge how long this game is going to last. EVERYONE playing in this event is going to be psyched to the hilt. The defenders are aware of the previous times, and believe me, with Blue and his crew inside the walls, there is NO WAY a record will be set, let alone the attackers having a chance to win
Old 03-24-2006, 08:03 AM #214
SkElL~ObIsSiS
Pennsyltuckian Nerd

better watch out my friend, the Flying Screaming Wicked Wombats are on the way! We'll leap those walls in a single bound!

Last edited by SkElL~ObIsSiS : 03-24-2006 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:15 AM #215
FireMan_35bps
Taller Baller

I think having Blue and the rest of the Crew in the walls makes for an even BETTER chance to set a record. One that will last in the annals of EMR lore. "Blue got punked at his own castle? DAAAAAMN!"

That's right...lets get the trash talking started.
Too-Tall #13.

Yes, thats me in that tiny front bunker. And yes, thats my paint you are wearing on your face.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:48 AM #216
p8ntballer_Roach
member of team SFWW

Castle is gonna be awesome... i can't wait. hey Skell, whats up, guess what, i am gonna chase the SFWW over the walls, and i'm gonna help. (and tell ur good-for-nothing brother that he'd better get his gsxr soon).
Why I have 1 negative feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...0#post74540260
Old 03-24-2006, 11:08 AM #217
Crash STP
AKA ActionBob

On a related note from the boss's desk;

Pre-Regs & THANK-YOU FOR THE HELP
Hello All,
any Pass Holders or teams that want to preregister for EMR events need to either print out a Event Form and fill it out and mail it to me or else e-mail the filled out form to me. No more just e-mailing me that you are coming. Please spread the word to all of your teammates. With the hundreds of preregs I receive every month, I honestly do not have the time to fill out the forms for people or teams. Thank-you.

I also want to thank everyone profusely that came last Saturday and helped out at the work party. A tremendous amount of work and projects were done and it is a huge help to us to get ready for the Season and especially the Castle Conquest. The new wall on the CASTLE is finished as well as the two parking lots now have poles in them dividing them into parking areas, all of the trash is picked up, the boards behind the Farmhouse are nail free and stacked, the upper building was finished and cleaned, new entry paint traps were installed, and a multitude of smaller projects finished. Thank-you to the following teams who sent representatives to help out: AMBUSH ALPHA, BLUE's CREW, BONEHEADS, CANADIAN JUSTICE, DRAGON FORCE, FERRYMEN, HELLRAISERS, PUBCRAWLING, SHADOW COMPANY, StockClassPaintball.com, and TNT. It is because of the extra effort put out that EMR is the great facility it is. Thank-you once again.
BLUE
El Presidente'-E.M.R. PAINTBALL PARK
Owner-BLUE's CREW
(570) 465-9622
www.EMRPAINTBALL.com
Do Not Miss Our CASTLE CONQUEST XXI and 10th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION on April 29/30.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:30 PM #218
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)

deltapaintball is a Supporting Member
deltapaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
deltapaintball supports our troops
deltapaintball has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
deltapaintball supports DLX Technology
Any chance we can see pictures of the new wall? Or what exactly was done to it? etc...

Thanks
Old 03-25-2006, 08:41 AM #219
JointFuryBalz (Banned)
Joint Fury-circa 1996

The first successful Castle Conquest defense was CCIX. The game lasted more then 7 hours, no props were touched, and it ended with us counter attacking the attackers. The game was fantastic... it was also the catalyst for the current "two props within 3hrs" rule.

...In my humble opinion, Castle 9 was the benchmark for a Castle defense victory.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:49 AM #220
Generalcuz

EMR Bound

Coming up on the one month mark and excited as hell. My buddy and I will be up there probably camping. I have a few questions since I have never been to EMR before.

1. How are the campsites? I have one of those giant tents from Cabelas with all the creature comforts of air conditioning/heating, cots, etc and was wondering if that would be a good route to go instead of the bunks? My buddy who is going isnt a big partier so I figured he could get his rest there. (At least until I come back wasted and tackle him)

2. We are leaving Pittsburgh at 1:00 PM on Friday because that's as early as we could depart. Is that a good time to leave or is it too early? I figure it's a five hour trip.

3. I have heard rumors of a vendor list and perhaps I just missed it somewhere on here. Does anyone have it? Rumor has it that it will be bigger than the IAO which is sweet.

Finally, my buddy and I are looking to hook up with a team or just a group of to tag along with on the attackers side. If anyone has an invitation open, I might be able to bribe you with some beer since I work for Miller Brewing's Corporate Office.

See you soon.
-Black 99 STO Cocker
-camoflage sto shroud
Old 03-25-2006, 01:06 PM #221
Crash STP
AKA ActionBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generalcuz
Coming up on the one month mark and excited as hell. My buddy and I will be up there probably camping. I have a few questions since I have never been to EMR before.

1. How are the campsites? I have one of those giant tents from Cabelas with all the creature comforts of air conditioning/heating, cots, etc and was wondering if that would be a good route to go instead of the bunks? My buddy who is going isnt a big partier so I figured he could get his rest there. (At least until I come back wasted and tackle him)

2. We are leaving Pittsburgh at 1:00 PM on Friday because that's as early as we could depart. Is that a good time to leave or is it too early? I figure it's a five hour trip.

3. I have heard rumors of a vendor list and perhaps I just missed it somewhere on here. Does anyone have it? Rumor has it that it will be bigger than the IAO which is sweet.

Finally, my buddy and I are looking to hook up with a team or just a group of to tag along with on the attackers side. If anyone has an invitation open, I might be able to bribe you with some beer since I work for Miller Brewing's Corporate Office.

See you soon.
1) that I think would depend on how much work you want to put into camping. the sites are unimproved but fairly level and well kept. the bunkhouses are basic shells, insulated with wooden bunks and lights.

2) I would suggest rather then US80 across go north to RT17/86 by Erie and goe east there - much easier road. used to take me around 5 hrs from the eastside of Cleveland ( Chagrin Falls )

3) I posted it earlier in this thread but I'll get an updated list out soon. I an still taking vendor requests about daily.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:07 PM #222
Crash STP
AKA ActionBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapaintball
Any chance we can see pictures of the new wall? Or what exactly was done to it? etc...

Thanks
Probably next week Delta but we will be doing improvements to the Castle right up thru the week before
Old 03-25-2006, 01:09 PM #223
Crash STP
AKA ActionBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by JointFuryBalz
The first successful Castle Conquest defense was CCIX. The game lasted more then 7 hours, no props were touched, and it ended with us counter attacking the attackers. The game was fantastic... it was also the catalyst for the current "two props within 3hrs" rule.

...In my humble opinion, Castle 9 was the benchmark for a Castle defense victory.
That was the one JF did with the JagerMeisters ( Tiny's old team ) wasn't it Balz?
Old 03-25-2006, 01:10 PM #224
Crash STP
AKA ActionBob

Hello Everybody,
for all of those WGP enthusiasts, just wanted to let everyone know that BUD ORR will be attending the CASTLE CONQUEST. For all of the PALMER PURSUIT enthusiasts, GLENN PALMER will also be attending the CASTLE CONQUEST. For the CUSTOMIZED GUNS enthusiasts, ERIC ENGLER will also be there. All three of these Manufacturers will be defending alongside of the CREW. Other notable attendees are the owner of SPLAT MAGAZINE, MIKE NEVEAU, also the owner of PAINTBALL NEWS, RENE BOUCHER, FABRICE from FACEFULL magazine is coming, TOM GHEE of OMEGA ENTERPRISES, MIKE LUKAS of PMI, DAWN of PAINTBALL SPORTS, and many other Paintball Industry people are coming to help the EMR FAMILY celebrate their 10th ANNIVERSARY. See ya all there.

BLUE
El Presidente'-E.M.R. PAINTBALL PARK
Owner-BLUE's CREW
(570) 465-9622
www.EMRPAINTBALL.com
Do Not Miss Our CASTLE CONQUEST XXI and 10th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION on April 29/30.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:45 PM #225
whitney1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generalcuz
You can always run with us from StrategicPaintball. We'll be running alongside Delta and hitting the Castle wherever JF wants us to. (Bribes not needed, but would be accepted.....you just might be our new best friend....)

I wouldn't worry about arriving too early either. I'm leaving from Amsterdam NY around 9am to pick up a friend at the airport in Binghampton at 12:30.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:24 PM #226
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)

What whitney1 said! EMR is nothing but friendly people, but feel free to get welted up with Riot Squad/Strategic Paintball and us(Delta Paintball Team) on whatever wall Balz sends us to hit.

And thanks for the update action bob
Old 03-25-2006, 07:21 PM #227
Crash STP
AKA ActionBob

5 Weeks or 35 days to go.....
Old 03-25-2006, 08:42 PM #228
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)

Whats the reg number up to now? I wanna see 1500+ attending.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:03 PM #229
toddone
I Suck At Paintball!!!!

do you guys think its cool to just show and pay at the door? i bringing one with me and hes as dependable as my aunts old Duster. if he is a no then i probably wont take the 3 to 4 hour drive by myself. thats why i dont want to pre reg.

Outkast Cocker

Super Stock

F.E.P. Quest
Old 03-25-2006, 10:35 PM #230
JointFuryBalz (Banned)
Joint Fury-circa 1996

Toddone... Pre-Reg... Walk-on the day of... Doesn't matter... Just come to this game.

Yes Bob, JagerMeister was in there with us... as well as Brew Crew and a few others.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:12 AM #231
Crash STP
AKA ActionBob

the only real difference is the cost difference and also walk ons are not eligiable for some of the markers being given away