Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 07:41 PM #43
Thorpydo
dede!

Thorpydo is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
The hole wizard, which include tapped holes, is in features bar.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-28-2005, 07:43 PM #44
a5guy107

a5guy107 is a Supporting Member
thank you
"Hello? Anybody home? Hello, Mr. Gopher! It's me, Mr. Squirrel. Just a harmless squirrel. Not a plastic explosive or anything. Nothing to be worried about. I'm just here to make your last hours on earth as peaceful as possible. Don't mind this. This is doctor's orders. You don't mind if I just pop in there for a few laughs? That's right. Or in the words of Jean-Paul Sartre: "Au revoir, gopher." This is going to be sweet"

XBOXLIVE:Hans Bentash
Old 12-31-2005, 05:19 PM #45
Destin2000
Professional n00b

what do u guys think is the best cad program?

ive only used inventor 10
Old 12-31-2005, 06:00 PM #46
jkeyser14
Engineer

jkeyser14 is a founding member
I did this two years ago when all I knew was autocad. I never finished it up by incorporating the feedneck, detents, or eye slots because I had to return the body I borrowed. I might still try to machine it just for the coolness factor. I mean, even as a paperweight it would look pretty pimp.

Old 01-07-2006, 08:50 PM #47
BMX4LIFE

Some new rendering software, it took 12 mins just to render that and thats only 1% complete! I am gona render a desktop picture tonight, it should take about 16 hours.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:34 PM #48
kazz
squeegee king

can u use solidworks to test out ideas with pneumatics? like will it test variables and do like a scenario?
Old 01-07-2006, 09:40 PM #49
BMX4LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazz
can u use solidworks to test out ideas with pneumatics? like will it test variables and do like a scenario?
Yes it can, however you need cosmosexpress or cosmosworks. I have express so I dont have all the features of the full version but you can test for a lot of different things.

Bike pedal being stress tested.

Kazz, honestly, buy solidworks even if you just want to tinker you can blow hours on solidworks just making cool stuff. I got solidworks since I was doing work for a few bike companies and now just for fun I tried some paintball stuff. I am now making my own cutom markers in solidworks, and also learning a lot about how markers work, and why different ideas have not been used while others have. You discover the downfalls of markers and also how to improve on them.

Last edited by BMX4LIFE : 01-07-2006 at 09:47 PM.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:13 PM #50
kazz
squeegee king

thats exactly waht i want to do. is cosmoworks a plugin for solidworks? do you download it? buy it?
Old 01-07-2006, 10:35 PM #51
BMX4LIFE

Solidworks professional comes with it. You are going to have to look it up on the site what package is good for you.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:41 AM #52
a5guy107

i use the Solidworks Student edition w/cosmos. its basically the same as normal solidworks, i have yet to try cosmos yet. and you really can lose time messing around on solidworks, i was working on my custom gun yesterday and i looked at the clock and i was working on it for 3 hours. i though it was only a half hour.
"Hello? Anybody home? Hello, Mr. Gopher! It's me, Mr. Squirrel. Just a harmless squirrel. Not a plastic explosive or anything. Nothing to be worried about. I'm just here to make your last hours on earth as peaceful as possible. Don't mind this. This is doctor's orders. You don't mind if I just pop in there for a few laughs? That's right. Or in the words of Jean-Paul Sartre: "Au revoir, gopher." This is going to be sweet"

Old 01-08-2006, 11:23 AM #53
BMX4LIFE

This render is what I got after 12 hours of rendering.

I must say It turned out nice, however I am kicking myself in the but for not putting a few paintballs on the ground next to it.

Last edited by BMX4LIFE : 01-08-2006 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:27 PM #54
kazz
squeegee king

im doing the 30 minute tutorial... and i cant even comprehend how u were able to get that. lol...
Old 01-08-2006, 12:36 PM #55
a5guy107

i learned most of my stuff doing the tutorials. but im not good at the whole lofting and the lofted cuts stuff

Old 01-08-2006, 04:13 PM #56
a5guy107

my custom gun is about half way done. i only need to do a few more things to the bolt and then do the rest of the body work. and make the frame.

but im not sure if my dump chamber is large enough or i might have to use alot of pressure. or if the cycle will be long enough to seal the chamber and fire the ball.

Old 01-08-2006, 04:27 PM #57
BMX4LIFE

Shocker bolt?

ps if you ever want me to render something for you let me know.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:32 PM #58
Burnt2

hey bmx4life - i've been working on a paintball bot since i was a freshman in college (4 years ago); i suck hard at autocad...i drew up an idea for armor for the thing in paintbrush.....i dont suppose you could whip me up a quickie could you (just for looks)?

link to project in sig
Old 01-10-2006, 07:38 PM #59
a5guy107

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMX4LIFE
Shocker bolt?

ps if you ever want me to render something for you let me know.
yup, it looked much simpler for my idea. im thinking of running a timmy noid with barbs, if it will work. but i have to find out a way to mount a lpr. i was at first going to use a timmy lpr block. but at first i wanted to use a matrix lpr so im working on that now. but i suck at making cool lofted bodies for it.

ill let you know when i finish and if i would like it rendered.

Old 01-10-2006, 10:45 PM #60
BMX4LIFE

At the moment I cant take any more request. I have two tests this week that will keep me busy so for the time being I cant do anything.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:02 PM #61
BMX4LIFE

A small preview of a render I am waiting on at the moment. It will be 1024 x 786 when done. 17 hours in, and its looking good.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:06 PM #62
a5guy107

are you doing that with Photoworks?

Old 01-11-2006, 04:19 PM #63
BMX4LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by a5guy107
are you doing that with Photoworks?
Nope, maxwell.
Closed Thread