Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-18-2005, 05:47 PM #64
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

has been a member for 10 years
Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
if you put street tires on the camaro it would be a street car as well. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy with the evo had another car that he drove on occasion as well.

My point was that the evo guy agreed to the race. Therefore its a fair race and its stupid to be a fanboy and ***** about the car it lost to. The camaro was a faster car and there are other street cars faster so its a moot point. Its not like saying a funny car can beat it, because thats not what happened. No one is pulling up pics of that camaro hypothesizing that it would win, we are just discussing a race that did happen.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-18-2005, 06:05 PM #65
satanisanerd734
Steve Jobs is My Hero

who ever posted that civic needs to be banned for excessive gay lol

and yes I know I drive an xB lol

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name."
- Charles H. Spurgeon
Old 12-18-2005, 06:56 PM #66
octane2079
Drunken Badger

octane2079 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
A car built for specifically for high horsepower is pretty indicative of a car built for straight line performance. Also he's the one making the video's of him drag racing other cars not me he is pretty much showing the whole world he built his car to drag.
Xbox Live/Origin Name Edgyxsf
Old 12-18-2005, 07:21 PM #67
BlackMagyk
Now Twice The Flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty4/7_Ep3
good one. maybe a 3rd grade comprehension class will help you. im saying its just like how f1 said it. a purpose built drag car beating someone on the street is not cool. there not the same class.
Alright, its not cool. Still they agreed to race, not like the camaro came out of the dark and raped him or cheated.

Cal Bears

San Fransisco 49ers
Old 12-18-2005, 07:34 PM #68
F1VENOM

No one was ever saying it wasn't a fair race, or the guy didn't know what he was getting into. What we're saying is, the Camaro is a purpose built drag car, trailered in for the purpose of street racing. We have them around here, people actually do race for money. The Evo on the other hand, drove to the races, around between the races, and home from the races. Then apparently it drove to Ill to get an even more insane upgrade. I don't have the history on the Camaro, but it's pretty clear what it was built for.

The Camaro won, it's on tape, but it's not all that impressive. If he drove that thing from home, to the the races, back home, and STILL won, then it'd be something.

Feather, if you think throwing street tires on a purpose built drag car makes it a street car, you're a joke.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 12-18-2005, 08:27 PM #69
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

where do you draw the line. So if the guy lives 5 miles away, drives there on street tires and wins, goes home thats fine? What if it breaks down the next day? Everyone has their own definition of a street car, so for comparison I think its best to go by street legal.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 12-18-2005, 08:32 PM #70
F1VENOM

Well most events make you drive 30+ miles in mixed traffic without touching the car after you've started driving till the time after your passes to justify it as a street car. Keep in mind it can't break down. That's going off what actual events do. That Camaro probably doesn't pass that, and really doesn't look like it.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 12-18-2005, 08:38 PM #71
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

I have heard of that, so I guess you could go by that if you want, but no one knows if the camaro would pass that or not. I would think a car would have to be pretty radical not to be able to go 30 miles, but maybe not.

Personally, I like a car that could be driven every (not that it is, but that it could) day have a full interior, not too much weight reduction, etc. Thats my taste though, other people have lower standards of a street car. This is why cars like the SL65 AMG are my favorite.

That EVO is very impressive, but its not like its the fastest street car ever, or something.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

Old 12-18-2005, 08:46 PM #72
xAskingForItx
2k1er n00btastic

xAskingForItx is a founding member
ever had groceries in the trunk? = street car, haha
Old 12-18-2005, 08:54 PM #73
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07
That EVO is very impressive, but its not like its the fastest street car ever, or something.
Agreed.

I don't really mind anything in a street car. The harsher the better.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:00 PM #74
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

My ideal car would be one that is very well rounded. Nice clean looking exterior, well matched interior (goes with the theme of the car, if its a race car, it looks like one, if its a luxury car, it looks like one, but never stripped), and fast.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

Old 12-18-2005, 09:41 PM #75
blue69camaro383 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM
How can I " Know exactly what i meant" when you don't say it? You always say the most retarded sentences and then when people comment on them at face value, you always go to the " you venture on to act like a witty retard" defense for your poorly worded arguements. Instead of leaving everything you say up to interpretation, say what you mean.

As for the trailered Camaro, yeah it won, but it's like saying a funny car won beat someone at street racing. Whoopdy doo.

other understand exactly what i am saying...maybe your wyotech education is too far advanced to read anything except stuff from the advanced english wyotech super mechanic forum

so what if it was on a trailer..if the evo made it to the race on a trailer you'd sit and make excuses for it too...big whoop...he turns the boost down and drives it...lets see him launch from a dig...it would BREAK...none of his vids were ever from a dig...

Quote:
no acually it is. all those cars the evo beat were street cars. so was the evo. a trailered in 300 shot drag car is in a different class.
and what class would that be?...when and if you come up here i will show you a few cars that run in the high 8s that are street legal registered car people drive to and from car shows...my friend has hoosier quick times on his camaro...is that a purpose built drag car?...and what is iwith you keep bring up the nitrous shot he used...its not like the evo isn't pumping out 35+psi

when you street race its a run what you brung deal...if you lose...you didn't have enough...deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane2079
In that video that camaro was cruisin around on the street in traffic after they pulled it off the trailer so I'd say it was streetable. And to say that evo isn't a purpose built drag car at this point is laughable.

especially when all the vids are DRAG RACING!...no rallying or road course racing...drag racing...so its built to compete with high hp v8 cars and it does that damn well
Quote:
do you know the guy. or his intentions. if not please gtfo.

do you know what the camaro guy built his car for?....there is ALOT of people that build high hp street cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane2079
A car built for specifically for high horsepower is pretty indicative of a car built for straight line performance. Also he's the one making the video's of him drag racing other cars not me he is pretty much showing the whole world he built his car to drag.
well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM
No one was ever saying it wasn't a fair race, or the guy didn't know what he was getting into. What we're saying is, the Camaro is a purpose built drag car, trailered in for the purpose of street racing. We have them around here, people actually do race for money. The Evo on the other hand, drove to the races, around between the races, and home from the races. Then apparently it drove to Ill to get an even more insane upgrade. I don't have the history on the Camaro, but it's pretty clear what it was built for.

The Camaro won, it's on tape, but it's not all that impressive. If he drove that thing from home, to the the races, back home, and STILL won, then it'd be something.

Feather, if you think throwing street tires on a purpose built drag car makes it a street car, you're a joke.

but its impressive for the evo to win races...double standard?...you dont have the history on the camaro so you can't say its a drag car or what the owner inteneded to be or if it is not a street legal street car...

just to let you in on a little secret a purpose built race car would not have state tags and functional heads lights...so guess what...its a street car because its driven on the street...if you wanna be retarded about it no street car uses high cylinder pressure race gas....normally known as c-16

oh yea...you can buy treaded street tires and drag race with them...i am talking wider tires for tubed car...not **** coopers like my cars has
Old 12-18-2005, 09:57 PM #76
porambo

Hot ****aki at the evo.

F1/Blue I hate it when people cannot just take a car for being a fast car.
Oh I also gotta ask what does arguing get you...
Old 12-18-2005, 10:00 PM #77
blue69camaro383 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by porambo
Hot ****aki at the evo.

F1/Blue I hate it when people cannot just take a car for being a fast car.
Oh I also gotta ask what does arguing get you...
read back...didn't i mention anything with 800hp is cool?...
Old 12-18-2005, 10:16 PM #78
Pirarte (Banned)

we don't question you respect a well upgraded evo when you see one, but I think you put too much backing into large V8s that are low on modern technology.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:19 PM #79
blue69camaro383 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirarte
we don't question you respect a well upgraded evo when you see one, but I think you put too much backing into large V8s that are low on modern technology.

but all those low tech cars are faster...so why does low tech destroy high tech stuff?...broad statement?...most fast small block cars like the 4.6 and ls1 cars are not what you'd call low tech when they are pushing the 6 and 7 second barrier
Old 12-18-2005, 10:25 PM #80
Pirarte (Banned)

I'd call a custom fabricated DOHC head/cam kit for a LS1 a high tech mod that would truly bring out the benefit of large displacement, and layer on VVT...mmm....
Old 12-18-2005, 10:32 PM #81
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

maybe it would, maybe it would just become a torqueless wonder. You know nothing about anything, so you should shut up.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

Old 12-18-2005, 10:33 PM #82
golfer
IMAREALTUNERLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue69camaro383
but all those low tech cars are faster...so why does low tech destroy high tech stuff?...broad statement?...most fast small block cars like the 4.6 and ls1 cars are not what you'd call low tech when they are pushing the 6 and 7 second barrier

You cant argue that their sheer size, in displacement is the main reason why they produce the numbers they do..

The same technology in a 4 cylinder would produce slower/lower hp numbers then a vtech(read: "high tech") 4 cylinder..
Old 12-18-2005, 10:36 PM #83
blue69camaro383 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer
You cant argue that their sheer size, in displacement is the main reason why they produce the numbers they do..

The same technology in a 4 cylinder would produce slower/lower hp numbers then a vtech(read: "high tech") 4 cylinder..
sure you can...a internal combustion motor is an air pump...push more air throught it and you get what?...power...smaller motors rely on power adding...turbo or a blower forcing more air into the motor thus making up for less cu inches...
Old 12-18-2005, 10:40 PM #84
golfer
IMAREALTUNERLOL

yes thats what im saying the reason these old tech engines produce the numbers they do and the reason the cars they are in are fast is simply the size of the engine being put in lighter and lighter cars...