Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2002, 11:46 PM #1
RicE_GirL
I am Newb! Hear me Run!

has been a member for 10 years
I'm a Newbie!

Hello, everyone, My name is RicE_GirL, I'm new to PBNation.

Honestly, I don't really know what a "newbie" would be. Does it depend on how many times you've played? Your equipment? Your style? I don't really know. I think I'm a newbie because I don't know as much about paintball as you guys do, and I haven't played for -this- many years, or -that- many times hehe.
I've played pb several times, more during summer and such. I was first introduced to paintball in Febuary and my first time playing was in March. I've played a lot more since then, though.

I played my first 4 or 5 times with an upgraded Spyder. I've fired several other guns, but I don't really know *everything* about them.
The last gun I played with was an Intimidator. It was upgraded, of course, and I played a lot better with an electronic gun as opposed to...umm...well, a NON-electronic gun hehehe.

I guess you could say I'm "experienced", but I do have a lot to learn..hence the name "newbie" hehe. I've done some REALLY stupid things: shot my teammates, rush from the beginning, bunker someone who knows I'm coming...These things make me feel like SUCH a newb, lol.
Anyway, if anyone of you guys would be so kind as to tell me a little about paintball, equipment/guns, stradegies, etc. That would be so great.

Thanks!!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2002, 11:58 PM #2
Deceit
What?

Deceit is a Supporting Member
Re: I'm a Newbie!

Quote:
Originally posted by RicE_GirL
Hello, everyone, My name is RicE_GirL, I'm new to PBNation.

Honestly, I don't really know what a "newbie" would be. Does it depend on how many times you've played? Your equipment? Your style? I don't really know. I think I'm a newbie because I don't know as much about paintball as you guys do, and I haven't played for -this- many years, or -that- many times hehe.
I've played pb several times, more during summer and such. I was first introduced to paintball in Febuary and my first time playing was in March. I've played a lot more since then, though.

I played my first 4 or 5 times with an upgraded Spyder. I've fired several other guns, but I don't really know *everything* about them.
The last gun I played with was an Intimidator. It was upgraded, of course, and I played a lot better with an electronic gun as opposed to...umm...well, a NON-electronic gun hehehe.

I guess you could say I'm "experienced", but I do have a lot to learn..hence the name "newbie" hehe. I've done some REALLY stupid things: shot my teammates, rush from the beginning, bunker someone who knows I'm coming...These things make me feel like SUCH a newb, lol.
Anyway, if anyone of you guys would be so kind as to tell me a little about paintball, equipment/guns, stradegies, etc. That would be so great.

Thanks!!
It might be worth some time to take a browse through some of the threads here and in the paintball talk forum. These all hold good threads about certain items and all.

They best advice I can give is play with players with more skill than you. First time playing speedball I got my butt whoped on. But, it helped dramitcally. I have improved so much over the year by playing players better than me and getting melted. It hurts your pride and body a lot but it helps.

Guns:

Pump markers: these are markers that need to be cocked once every shot. They are very simple in design and very rugged. Will hardly ever let you down. But rate of fire is lacking.

Semi-auto markers: These are the dominant type of gun with players today but it seems electros are catching up. They are more complex compared to the pumps with more moving parts. I fire per trigger pull and it automatically re cocks itself.

Electric semi-auto: One fire per trigger pull via micro switch. Very complicated and not recomended for the new player. It take more maintenance and will most likely let you down more. But, if you know what youre doing they are perfect. These guys have an amazing rate of fire that laughs in the face of pumps.

Masks:

Not really much to say here. I say starting out a good one is a JT Pro Flex or a Flex 7. Just be sure you purchace one with a thermal lense to redice fogging. Other brands are out there but I prefer JT.

Eh whatelse would you like to know or I can go into more detail about a certain topic...
Old 09-12-2002, 12:22 AM #3
RicE_GirL
I am Newb! Hear me Run!

Oh yeah, I've looked through these threads for the past few days before posting hehe. I actually did get a mask, a purple JT Flex 7 with thermal lens. I have friends that are really good at paintball, but their busy now that school's started. I kinda wanted to know what you actually DO when you play paintball (I don't mean in a general perspective, I mean in terms of YOU personally). I think you get better at things by knowing more than what everyone else knows.

Thanks for the information Deceit!! I do need to know more about guns (electronic), in terms of how to clean it, how to maintain it, what happens if it malfunctions, etc. If you or anyone else would be so kind to give me some information that, it would be great ^_^
And why is paintball so expensive? LoL I could've bought that diamond necklace I wanted with the money I've spent on paintball!! Well, not really, I mean, that's what BOYFRIENDS are for, right?

Last edited by RicE_GirL : 09-12-2002 at 12:24 AM.
Old 09-12-2002, 12:53 AM #4
Deceit
What?

Break with gun in dominant hand
Lane (back players)
Stay narrow
Stay small
Run low
Base ball slide, knee slide, stomach slide (depeneding on bunker and field)
Up and shooting
I dont pop over the top (only on special occasions)
Shot left and right
Watch my knees and feet
Keep my profile down
Pop shoot
I like to post
Move all the time
Hit the 50 snake or dorito
Angles are my friend
Back players are better friend
X it up
Eyes open
No tunnel vision
Listening
Keep an eye on my hopper (youre hopper should never be empty)
Codes are key with your team
Communitcation
Knowing bunkers names
Think small, play small,
Play smart in fire fights
Play a good snake
All knowing all seeing
Keeping my gun up
Laying a pod down infront of me if im gonna be there for a while

These are some of the things I keep in my mind while playing...
Old 09-12-2002, 01:12 AM #5
Deceit
What?

Quote:
I do need to know more about guns (electronic), in terms of how to clean it, how to maintain it, what happens if it malfunctions, etc. If you or anyone else would be so kind to give me some information that, it would be great ^_^
And why is paintball so expensive? LoL I could've bought that diamond necklace I wanted with the money I've spent on paintball!! Well, not really, I mean, that's what BOYFRIENDS are for, right?
Each electro is different in their maintenance...

The one with electro grips are easier to clean and maintain because they are modeled after regualr semi autos

But Angels Bushmasters defiants Timmys Impulses vikings excaliburs etc work pretty similar. Youd have to tell me which gun youre interested in.

Expensive? Supply and Demand and a few more concepts from Economics class.

I can explain more just be more specific...
Old 09-12-2002, 05:02 AM #6
daveczrn
Dr. Evil

how about this rice girl you tell us what guns your interested in and we will let you know what the problems are with those guns

and your questions are extremely broad right now.....if you ask someting more specific i think you will get alot more replies

being a newbie is just not haveing knowledge of paintball and not really haveing the guts to take risk on the field

you seem to be onyour way to not be a newbie
Old 09-12-2002, 07:55 PM #7
RicE_GirL
I am Newb! Hear me Run!

Hey thanks guys, for answering my questions!
I'm actually interested in the classic Intimidator (purple fade).
For some reason, I ALWAYS have to bring Toilet paper to the paintball field....It's proved useful in certain instances actually..but I won't get into too much detail
I wear a purple camo bandana over my head and put my purple mask over that. I wear a purple long sleeve shirt with a purple spagetti strap under it. I also wear black cargos and purple laced tennis shoes.
There are some things I don't get about paintball though.
- I've seen people literally "wipe off" the paint from their mask/arms/shoes. I really hate wipers, but I'm always doing something else so I can't call them out. The ref isn't watching EVERYone all the time..
- Besides wiping, what else is a BIG "NO" in paintball? (And I mean besides shooting your eye out haha)
- Is it WRONG to like to match colors? I happen REALLY LIKE purple..(I have a purple toilet seat cover )
- Do most indoor paintball places make you use their paint? If so, is it to make profit? I've only played outdoors (speedball and stuff). It gets really windy sometimes..
- A few times I've played paintball, I hear "Yeah you're pretty good....for a girl." Whhhaattt?! The last time I checked, it never said "Paintball: Males only". Ugghh!
- If you don't have professional shirts and pants (JT or what not)...are you considered a newbie? Ghetto? I can't seem to find any purple shirts..
Thanks guys, for answering my questions! You're all super-duper awesome-tastic!!
Old 09-12-2002, 08:29 PM #8
Deceit
What?

because you called me super-duper i refuse to answer any more of your questions...
Old 09-12-2002, 08:31 PM #9
Meph

Meph is a Supporting Member
Re: I'm a Newbie!

Quote:

Honestly, I don't really know what a "newbie" would be.

Thanks!!
A newbie is somebody that's basically new to this sport. After a dozen or so games and some experience, then they're no longer a newbie.
It has nothing to do with the equipment or style of play. But the player themself.

But for your questions, basically I can answer any single thing you could possibly ponder. But since these are the only ones you've really asked, it's all I can help with....

- Besides wiping, what else is a BIG "NO" in paintball?
There's quite a bit. Try to limit foul language. Major overshooting. Deliberate overshooting or bonus balling. Outside coaching (tourneys). Shooting hot (over field limit of FPS: Feet Per Second). Throwing equipment. Bad attitudes and bad sportsmanship. Firing paintball equipment in public. The list can go on. Basically, it's a common sense thing and courtesy as well.
- Is it WRONG to like to match colors?
Sweet Sassy Molassy no! Match all the colors you want. And as we can all see, you have a fancy for a bit of purple.
- Do most indoor paintball places make you use their paint? If so, is it to make profit?
Most Indoor? Well, actually most fields in general. Most are FPO (field paint only). And yes, it's for profit. To own, operate, and maintain a paintball facility is extremely expensive. And paint is where the money really is to have a good running place.
- A few times I've played paintball, I hear "Yeah you're pretty good....for a girl." Whhhaattt?! The last time I checked, it never said "Paintball: Males only". Ugghh!
It's an ego thing. This is where the grain of salt comes in handy! Sorry it has to happen to you, but there's nothing I can really say here. It's going to happen again to you, I can already promise you. It's just one of those things that can't be changed overnight.
- If you don't have professional shirts and pants (JT or what not)...are you considered a newbie? Ghetto? I can't seem to find any purple shirts.
Actually, I find quite a few people WITH Jerseys and such newbies! But no, the clothing you wear does not 'necessarily' make you a newbie. However, what people think and treat you like is a totally different basis from field to field. There are some where you can wear camo and blend in, have fun. Other fields you wear camo and you're treated like a newb. All depends on the individual.
You'll find quite a lot of people out there don't look at you as veteran or newbie, but just another person either on their team to help out or as a target.

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
And my newest Sponsor.... Charmin!
Old 09-13-2002, 01:05 AM #10
RicE_GirL
I am Newb! Hear me Run!

Wow, thanks Meph!! That helps a lot!!
There are a lot of people that come to this site, right? SO does anyone really get to -know- other people, since there are so many?
I'd like to make some paintball friends..I don't have any paintball friends Poor me.
Hehe, anyway, Thanks for answering my questions everyone!!
You're all so sweet and superduper! :p
I'll post any more questions when I think of them...I ALWAYS need to know SOMEthing hehe. *^_^*
Old 09-13-2002, 01:25 AM #11
bLuEcNciR3
Nor*Cal Killa

ya u asked what i do when i go to a field. when i go to a field i like to shoot people, have fun o yea and if theres a hot chick ill play on her team with my sexxy a$$ IR3 but they usually blow me off cause theyre like 21 and im like 16 eh o well...yea then i shoot more people. o yea dude ur like asian huh??? rice...very asian haha j/p
Old 09-13-2002, 02:42 AM #12
Deceit
What?

Quote:
[color=lightpink]Wow, thanks Meph!! That helps a lot!!
There are a lot of people that come to this site, right? SO does anyone really get to -know- other people, since there are so many?
I'd like to make some paintball friends..I don't have any paintball friends Poor me.
[color]
I know AuctionJunkie! and psycho monkey and a few others that regularly cruise the boards...

Other than that no one has ever seen me...

"Will you be my friend?"
Old 09-13-2002, 03:08 AM #13
RicE_GirL
I am Newb! Hear me Run!

Awww Deceit ^_^ Of course I will!!
Haha, you're mockng me aren't you?
And with my color thing...I do that on all my message boards. I think it really expresses true...umm...feelings? Emotion? When you read the text
I'd make it purple (8b008b), but the background is gray so it'd more or less "glow" and wouldn't be readable. So it's pink

BlueCncir: Yes, I'm asian..but I'm not into the "AzN PrYdE!!!" No...not my type or personality. I'm an "action" chick, that's why I like paintball (and counter-strike). Just something about that rush of adreniline when I'm out on the field that makes me wanna bust out some whoop @$$!!!

Last edited by RicE_GirL : 09-13-2002 at 03:13 AM.
Old 09-14-2002, 10:14 PM #14
uberpoo

that pink writing is awesome!!!
2k1 RF cocker, black dye slider, clear stickies, AA vigilante reg, smart parts drop, ANS 3 way, ANS jackhammer II, OTP bolt, FF springs, FF valve, 14 in. dye excel, black 12v rev, and 68/3 fiber crossfire.
Old 09-15-2002, 01:04 AM #15
Black Ice 72
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Deceit
I
"Will you be my friend?"
Hey, cmon, Deceit. You never asked me that
Old 09-15-2002, 08:26 AM #16
daveczrn
Dr. Evil

Quote:
Hey thanks guys, for answering my questions!
I'm actually interested in the classic Intimidator (purple fade).
I wear a purple camo bandana over my head and put my purple mask over that. I wear a purple long sleeve shirt with a purple spagetti strap under it. I also wear black cargos and purple laced tennis shoes.

i have found how to make you into the purple people eater
http://www.xpaintball.com/purpaineat.html
not a bad price for jersey pants and gloves
Old 09-15-2002, 07:13 PM #17
RicE_GirL
I am Newb! Hear me Run!

Wow, Thanks davecsrn!!! That's sssoooo awesome!!! You're great dave, thanks ssoo much!
Black Ice: Don't worry, I'll be your friend too! W00t! ^_~

Last edited by RicE_GirL : 09-15-2002 at 07:16 PM.
Old 09-15-2002, 11:40 PM #18
Meph

Meph is a Supporting Member
Hey no problem.

Actually, a lot of us on here are friends in real life. I have either met or are friends with quite a few dozen people in this place, and others like the Tippmann forum and IPR.

So if you need friends, you're in luck. Though not with me, I'm a little too psychotic. I already endanger enough peoples' lives as it is.
Not that I wouldn't want to be, but rather I'm looking out for people.

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
And my newest Sponsor.... Charmin!
Old 09-15-2002, 11:52 PM #19
DYEmonkey
Awaiting Email Confirmation

timmis rule!!!!

Intimidators are the best , get one now!!!! And become part of the Timi family.
Old 09-16-2002, 12:28 AM #20
Black Ice 72
Banned

Yes... i must agree with you on that.
Old 09-16-2002, 03:51 AM #21
RicE_GirL
I am Newb! Hear me Run!

I already have one. I bought it from someone here, at PBNation.
You can probably guess...It's purple.
Closed Thread