Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-29-2008, 11:34 AM #64
RsmtReignCapt.

Paintball Paper

Im writing a paper for school on why paintball should be a school sport. Any suggestions?
RsmtReignCapt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2008, 07:26 AM #65
agent005
Since 1999

agent005 is an NCPA player
agent005 plays in the APPA D4 division
http://www.pythonpaintball.com/Paint...ch%20Paper.pdf

use that as an inspiration.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:34 PM #66
RsmtReignCapt.

fantastic stuff man. thanks that really helped.
RsmtReignCapt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:01 PM #67
jeff1048

i could see how the schools would not want you bringing ur equipment into school how would we be able to overcome this?

also were do you guys that have a team practice?
McDonough, GA

Kee-Ground Zero-Planet Eclipse-Monster Energy Drink-Empire
jeff1048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 02:40 PM #68
classicpaintball
Captain

we are starting a club (hopefully) at school and if there are any videos that could help that would be great

Captain Huff of Team Classic
classicpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 02:41 PM #69
classicpaintball
Captain

i think there was one on youtube.com

btw, 69 post
LOL
<3

Captain Huff of Team Classic
classicpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:42 AM #70
goldman22

one problem with highschool paintball is that my school requires that anyone can join, leagly you must be 18 to but a gun and thus only 18 year olds can join, we tried the whole make parents sign a wavier simliar to thos on the field but we still couldent start it

if it helps more insurance claims of injury have occered from golf than paintball over the past years
goldman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:51 PM #71
freak9

Hey, i'm working on getting a club started at my school...like everyone else and i think its gonna happen. we got everything but we just need the green light from the principle so far.
freak9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:45 AM #72
bllawson13

hey im starting a club at my school and was wondering wat i should do wih the club
bllawson13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:14 PM #73
Crzypntbllr
I cured kidney-ism

forget a team my high school barely let me put up posters trying to get a team together

There's no "I" in team.
And there's no "U" in team, either.
So if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, then nobody's on the damn team! The team sucks!
Crzypntbllr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:40 PM #74
L337PwNaGe (Banned)
AGGtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent005 View Post
dude, you need to get a few facts straight on there
L337PwNaGe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:07 PM #75
Dlspaintballer

My high school in Warren Michigan alredy has a club. we need help on how to actually make a team and who would we play
Dlspaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:56 PM #76
Harpstar12

I think havin high school paintball teams is a rly good idea theres enough people for it, its a legit sport, u just gotta get everyone to loo past it as a saftey pre-caution nd rather as a sport just like football hockey lacrosee, etc
Harpstar12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:18 PM #77
Patrick1694

Patrick1694 is playing at Living Legends III
Patrick1694 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Patrick1694 supports Team VICIOUS
Patrick1694 is for the Gunfight
i tried this in the begining of the school year and i did pretty much everything you guys are saying.
I made a power point about how great of a sport and how safe it is, went to local fields and because im cool with the owners got them to give flyers out about a hs paintball team.
and when i talked to administration i was told it still promotes violence school and that the school would still be liable if anything was to happen, so yea.....
good luck to everyone lol
Patrick1694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:47 AM #78
afflictionpb
Mmmmm STuD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXinpayneXx View Post
i asked if i could have a pb team, i was pretty much ***** slaped, and said we will never have paintball at this school.
LMFAO!
afflictionpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:19 AM #79
PyroTechno

do the administrators realize that some colleges have paintball teams? thus high school paintball could some day in the future lead to paintball related college scholarships? also why not talk to your parents about bringing up the options of school teams to at PTA or school board meetings?

a student is a lot easier to deny than a parent, and even better a large group of parents. with enough pressure from the community on the schools and the school board they will eventually give you what you want.
so educate your community about paintball, talk to your neighbors and friends, get everyone possible involved in convincing the schools that paintball is a good idea. heck, maybe some local police or firefighters play paintball, and could use their highly respected positions to help the cause. you would also have to figure out, if you want a school team, how the school would pay for it; and in my opinion, THAT is the hard part.
PyroTechno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:56 PM #80
B_Link39

i may be shunned for bringing this up. but a certain guy made a video about this, and has some very useful points in it.

never try to start a club through a school. like this guy said, you could be blamed for the school getting shot up with paintballs(which has happened to my school).

and when most people hear paintball, they think guns. allthough politically incorrect they still think that and that causes people to associate bad things with the sport.

my team started with me wearing a planet eclipse t shirt to school. if you do that, you may find unexpected possible teammates. but my team is also halfway made up of people we met on here. this is a great way to meet new potential teammates.

so all in all dont try to start a team through school. its better to just start one by just spreading the word, and hopefully you will have yourself a team.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:23 PM #81
LCasXIII

well i want to make a three man team and maybe go for our school to get one but idk about the liability screw making a school team and go out for your own
LCasXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:45 PM #82
dyehard27
save a rock throw an ion

dyehard27 is attending Decay of Nations VI
NCPA is really starting to promote high school paintball clubs/teams so it could really go one way or the other depending on how well you represent the sport and present it to your administrator. and every school is different so it varies from district to district. http://www.college-paintball.com/hig...g_started.html
dyehard27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:03 PM #83
LGM

I've actually just sent an essay in to my high school about begining a paintball club. In the paper, i made sure not to use any words relating to guns, and gave a basic definition of paintball. We are still waiting for an answer, but we sent letters to the administration, student councils, and newspapers of around 30 or so schools in the region about beginning their own so we have a level playing field instead of constantly playin professional and amateur teams. In the letters to other schools and my own, i mentioned that we will not use any money from the school, sign liability waivers at our paintball location, and how i sent letters to other schools. Essentially, all we asked for was permission to use the schools name for our club.
LGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:04 PM #84
LGM

Also we are a private/religious high school and so far it seems like we might have a team. im willing to answer questions on how i succeeded in this feat.
LGM is offline   Reply With Quote