PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-13-2005, 06:47 PM #1
pmigrim
I'm dead for a reason

the end is near....

Last weekend i had opened up my grip frame on my pro e to hit the tourny switch. The battery kinda fell out and pulled one of the power wires off the solder. I took it to my local shop and they told me they couldn't solder it back because they'd risk melting the the diode. Anyways now i don't have working marker (until christmas if you catch my drift) and i was wondering if pmi would be able to do anything to fix this prob? I told the shop to send it off to them and my shop did but they said pmi might charge me 100 + bucks to replace the board if thats what needed to be done. Has anyone else had this problem? and if so was pmi able to fix it?
Advertisement
Old 12-13-2005, 08:02 PM #2
PIRANHA PAUL
owns your face

PIRANHA PAUL helped look for balloons
PIRANHA PAUL owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
yeah, pmi wil take care of you. If they charge 100 thats your shop guy making rent off a free repair. You should of contacted PMI yourself and did it on your own ike a big boy!!! Ive never had a complaint w/ em. I needed new eyes and covers, they sent em the next day. Thus the reason why i went w/ a fish. did you regester your gun?

MY EGO
Old 12-13-2005, 08:03 PM #3
P8ntPsycho
Legendary.

has been a member for 10 years
P8ntPsycho owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmigrim
Last weekend i had opened up my grip frame on my pro e to hit the tourny switch. The battery kinda fell out and pulled one of the power wires off the solder. I took it to my local shop and they told me they couldn't solder it back because they'd risk melting the the diode. Anyways now i don't have working marker (until christmas if you catch my drift) and i was wondering if pmi would be able to do anything to fix this prob? I told the shop to send it off to them and my shop did but they said pmi might charge me 100 + bucks to replace the board if thats what needed to be done. Has anyone else had this problem? and if so was pmi able to fix it?
I have the same problem. However, I am going to solder it anyway 'cause if it doesn't work, I'll begin my In-Fish-Inator project. I e-mailed PMI telling them my problem, but they never responded and it has been 5 months.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:05 PM #4
paintballer8807
Team MAGNUM

paintballer8807 is a Supporting Member
paintballer8807 supports Cereal Killerz 2
paintballer8807 is an NCPA player
paintballer8807 plays in the APPA D4 division
tell pmi 2 fix it or u will kick them in the nutz.

actuly i had a very similar problem. who ever was the dillhole that put the glue on the eyewires did a ****y job because when i went to take the covers off one day the glue connecting the eye covers let the wire slip threw and the wire broke off the eye under the wieght of the eye cover. (the wire is very week thats why it glue on them to prevent the conections from breaking) well anyway i solded it my self and cramed it all under the covers with some extra modifications.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:07 PM #5
paintballer8807
Team MAGNUM

paintballer8807 is a Supporting Member
paintballer8807 supports Cereal Killerz 2
paintballer8807 is an NCPA player
paintballer8807 plays in the APPA D4 division
s0rry for the bad spelling and grammer i am eating and typing with the other hand
Old 12-14-2005, 06:08 PM #6
pmigrim
I'm dead for a reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRANHA PAUL
yeah, pmi wil take care of you. If they charge 100 thats your shop guy making rent off a free repair. You should of contacted PMI yourself and did it on your own ike a big boy!!! Ive never had a complaint w/ em. I needed new eyes and covers, they sent em the next day. Thus the reason why i went w/ a fish. did you regester your gun?

nah the guy isn't trying to make rent off me what he told me was that he didn't know how much it would cost but he was thinking a new board would cost about that much if the warranty didn't cover it. The only thing i have to pay for right now is shipping. Anyways i ended up buying an ion... so if the fish gets fixed my lil brother is gonna be using it now.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:14 PM #7
PIRANHA PAUL
owns your face

PIRANHA PAUL helped look for balloons
PIRANHA PAUL owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
yeah the warranty will cover that. Shipping is all you should have to pay. if for some reason it doesnt dont pay 100, just go to ebay and get an r6 for like 40 and use the grip off that! Bam, back in action! B U T pmi will take care of ya!

MY EGO
Old 12-15-2005, 04:48 PM #8
P8ntPsycho
Legendary.

P8ntPsycho owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Heh. I fixed mine myself, works better than ever. No draining battery, the constant problems that PMI called "Unfixable" don't happen anymore.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:16 PM #9
Paintball hitman

Did the exact same thing with mine just soder very carefully and do it with as low of heat that you can get