PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-12-2005, 11:32 PM #1
Blizzardz Wrath
So-Cal Baller

R6 Questions!

I have an R6 and I was wondering, I want to get an eforce trigger frame, but it doesn't look like it screws in the same way as the mech one. Does it, meaning can I just buy an eforce trigger frame and un-screw my mech frame and screw in the eforce one? Also I want to get and x-chamber, any suggestions? I was looking at the PMI one just because it is the same company as my gun, but is that a good choice nonetheless?
Legacy Fan Club Member #323
Ryan Shows Fan Club Member #2
100% S.D. Baller!
Dynasty Fan Club Member #154
Old 12-13-2005, 12:15 AM #2
PB_Rhyno

has been a member for 10 years
The E-force frames are direct replacements for any Piranha.

I would recommend a regulator instead of an x-chamber.
"Which one" depends on your budget.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:12 AM #3
Blizzardz Wrath
So-Cal Baller

Well I can afford to get the PE Inline Adjustable Regulator, so would that be a good buy?
100% S.D. Baller!
Old 12-13-2005, 10:49 AM #4
tabradi0

tabradi0 is a Supporting Member
I would try buying a used reg. Regs are just like cars. REALLY EXPENSIVE. After it is used once the value goes down significantly. Get a used reg with the top price shaved. Were talking 30-60$ for a good used reg.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:23 PM #5
glaman5266

Depends. Are you running co2 or comp. air?
Old 12-13-2005, 03:21 PM #6
Blizzardz Wrath
So-Cal Baller

Co2.
100% S.D. Baller!
Old 12-13-2005, 03:30 PM #7
glaman5266

Ok. For regulators go with the Palmer's Stablizer. That is widely accepted as the best regulator for co2.

Typically , however, you don't want to put co2 through a regulator. It can (and more often than not it is) damaging to the regulator and o-rings. I personally recommend an expansion chamber. They help your marker work MUCH better on co2 and really helps with shot consistency and gas consumption. I use the Bob Long / 32 Degrees 4-stage on my JT Excellerator 6.0 and works great.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:56 PM #8
Blizzardz Wrath
So-Cal Baller

Yeah I saw that one on the net. Does it work really well? Also do you know where a good place to find one online would be? I am willing to buy one new of course, but I didn't see the 32 Degrees X-chamber on the Pbnation store? Thanks for all the help too.
100% S.D. Baller!

Last edited by Blizzardz Wrath : 12-13-2005 at 04:08 PM.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:46 AM #9
glaman5266

Mine works excellent. But I don't know where to get one. National Paintball Supply carries them, but you can't buy from their website. 888paintball is a decent site. www.888paintball.com. Click on Gas Systems and Accessories then Expansion Chambers. It's the 32 Degrees Bob Long style expansion chamber.

Some people like a 6 or 8 stage, but I personally think 4 is enough. My JT is picky in the first place (what JT isn't?) and it works perfectly with just a 4 stage. Piranhas and JTs are similar, so I think you will like the results.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:04 PM #10
PB_Rhyno

Regulator not x-chamber

Lots of ways to explain why an expansion chamber is an INFERIOR choice vs. a regulator, but Glenn Palmer does it best IMO:

(Quote)
NOTE : Any tank used in the horizontal position (bottom-line, etc.) should have anti-siphon tube installed to minimize the chance of allowing liquid out of the tank. A regulator can reduce the effects of liquid to the gun but cannot eliminate the velocity variations that would result.

Personally, I do not advocate the use of an expansion chamber at all. I prefer to use a tank that is filled to about 10-15% less than stated capacity. A slightly larger gaseous area will be had by the use of a remote setup, but the actual effectiveness of it is ambiguous, at best. This is another concept that is very difficult to explain but it boils down to the fact that CO2 requires a certain amount of pressurized gas as a "cap" to keep the liquid in a stable state. All an expansion chamber can really do is provide enough room to compensate for what is needed. The best way that I know to explain the relationship of pressure and volume/capacity is show the static pressures of a tank that contains different amounts of liquid CO2. This example is for a 20 oz. tank at 72 degrees F. ( the numbers shown are approximates but close enough to demonstrate the diminishing pressure curve as it relates to the fill state of the tank)

amount of liquid CO2 in a 20oz tank pressure

21 oz 1150 psi+
20 oz 950 psi
19 oz 875 psi
17 oz 825 psi
15 oz 815 psi
12 oz 810 psi
6 oz 805 psi
2 oz 800 psi
Note the diminishing pressure variance as the actual volume in the tank is reduced. There is one thing about CO2 that is very consistent and that is change. However, the changes are very consistent and very predictable. The trick to the effective use of CO2 is to be aware of what is going on and to operate within the nature of things.

An Expansion chamber can over expand the CO2 and reduce the saturation of liquid within the gas. So when you fire the ball, the gas has less potential energy when released. Therefore you must use more volume of gas with an expansion chamber. Another problem with expansion chamber is that once they fill up with liquid it's no longer an expansion chamber. Once Co2 is regulated under 600 psi it can no longer remain a liquid. Most remotes have a small hole, so they don't expand the gas too much.

A Stabilizer out performs an expansion chamber simply because it regulates the pressure within the marker. If you can keep the pressure consistent your velocity will be more consistent. Consistency equals accuracy. The Stabilizers also have a 70-1 ratio. So if your input pressure changes 70 psi your regulated output will only change 1 psi. Most other regs only have 30-1 ratio. So in short an expansion chamber is nothing more than a waste of gas."
(end quote)

Summary:
1) Get an anti-siphon tube properly installed in your Co2 tank.
2) Buy a good REGULATOR
Old 12-14-2005, 08:21 PM #11
PIRANHA PAUL
owns your face

PIRANHA PAUL helped look for balloons
PIRANHA PAUL owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
yeah i have a vigilante, not good w/ co2 but awesome for hpa. So cross Air america offf your list. The only reg i know of that works on co2 is the palmers. Google it and look around cause pamers can be pricey. you might be able to het a HPA tank and reg for the price of a new pamers. Used tank 30, decent reg 30. So your lookin at 60 to upgrade to hpa or 50 to stick with co2?! your call

MY EGO
Old 12-14-2005, 09:27 PM #12
Blizzardz Wrath
So-Cal Baller

Would it be ok and helpful for my gun to use a PE Inline Adjustable Regulator on it?
100% S.D. Baller!
Old 12-14-2005, 09:57 PM #13
PB_Rhyno

If you have a PE reg, I'd use it - but I wouldn't go buy one.

PE regs just aren't up to the task of consistant regulation, and they need more maintenance then most regs.

Save your money for a Palmers stabilizer.
They're pricey compaired to most, but you'll be able to use it on any gun you own in the future.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:32 PM #14
Blizzardz Wrath
So-Cal Baller

Well I don't plan on buying another gun ever because I doubt I'll be balling much after this year because I'll be off to college and won't be playing except when I'm home, so is the PE reg ok, like will it break down a lot, or will it be fine because my R6 is low end?
100% S.D. Baller!
Old 12-14-2005, 10:46 PM #15
TheBoss33

TheBoss33 is a Supporting Member
TheBoss33 is All In
TheBoss33 is All In
I don't know if Rhyno has seen the newer verion of the P.E. inline but they have improved on them. They are a bargin for what you pay.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:27 PM #16
chrisawes
G4H EGO NEXUS 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzardz Wrath
Well I don't plan on buying another gun ever because I doubt I'll be balling much after this year because I'll be off to college and won't be playing except when I'm home, so is the PE reg ok, like will it break down a lot, or will it be fine because my R6 is low end?
stupid college..... same w/ me.. but in 2 years... my paintball is going with me though.... no way in heck i'm quitting... i may go to UCLA so i can play at SC if i have no choice...

2006 Nexus G4H EGO FULL SET UP CHEAP

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post42931421
Old 12-15-2005, 12:02 AM #17
Blizzardz Wrath
So-Cal Baller

Yeah I'm going to UC Irvine, but I won't have the time or money during college sadly. I barely have the money now.
100% S.D. Baller!
Old 12-15-2005, 04:10 PM #18
chrisawes
G4H EGO NEXUS 06

^^ true...

2006 Nexus G4H EGO FULL SET UP CHEAP

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post42931421