Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-04-2001, 12:56 PM #1
Chris at Tech
I'm a helluva engineer...

has been a member for 10 years
Sonic frames and Vapor bolts at ZAP?

I saw the frame in the pictures so I know they're there. Did anyone mess with one? How are they? What is Sonic selling them for at ZAP?

Any info on Goldie's new toys? Most specifically the bolt?

"[T]he evidence also strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam could have invented what is claimed."

-United States District Court judge G.M. King,
on Smart Parts' patent claim, August 23rd, 2004, page 16.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2001, 07:31 PM #2
Distephano

Distephano is a founding member
Distephano has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I've got the bolt. I got it the same Day ZAP started, I bought one before he left.

I don't know, I haven't used it, because the back half of my Bolt was crooked, so I won't fit into my gun. But over all, it doesn't seem Nearly as nicely made at my Supa Slick. It seems like the Bolt is Molded more then Turned or what ever they do the Supa slicks.

But I'll have to wait until he gets back to get this sorted out, but If the bolt performs well, I really don't care how well it looks like its made (As long as it doesn't break)
Old 08-04-2001, 07:42 PM #3
Richy_C
kills people

the trigger frame is pretty cool looking, but thats not the way i like the trigger to feel, but it seemed well machined
Old 08-05-2001, 08:48 PM #4
Jester
Team MirrorImage

I got to play with the Sonic a bit, and sat down with the Mac Dev people for a few minutes...

The trigger frame feels great, but the trigger was a bit sloppy compared to my Ripper. When I mentioned this, they said that there was a problem with the production run of the triggers and that everyone that bought one would get a replacement free of charge. The new ones would take the slop out and fit much more like the Ripper.

I also bought the bolt. So far, I like most of it. I noticed a few things. 1. It took care of that little bit of blowback that I was having. 2. It is molded. You can see the mold release points in both the front and the back of the bolt. This won't affect the bolts operation, but they are there. 3. The bolt is SHORT. It doesn't come out of the back of my gun (a Defiant). I am not sure I like that. I can't take it out of the gun if I have my gloves on, but it does make it lighter (marginally). 4. The bolt is smooth, well fitting, and high flow. I haven't put it and the valve over the chrono, so I don't know how that will fare. I am very optimistic. I noticed the report was quieter and the gun cycled very smoothly. After I get a few games and maybe a tourney under it, I'll let you know how it fared.

Jester
Old 08-05-2001, 09:52 PM #5
=/WhitE_RabbiT\=

well as for the bolt, i got one...put it in...it was a TIGHT fit....as i shot it scraped away and the bolt was slicing apart....
peices of o ring and bolt got into my solenoid and broke in...
basically it was nothin but bad luck for me

now as for the trigger frame...
I LOVE IT!
altho at first i wasn't sure
but i fell in love with it...
the whole week i just kept shooting it...
i ordered myself one....its gettin custom done for me now...hah
but it shoots awsome, and feels great in ur hands
Old 08-06-2001, 11:09 PM #6
mrstickball

The sonic frame felt exactally like a stock angel frame and was very nice. I however like my triggers a lil harder, but I know Macdev included adjustable trigger stiffness.