Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-08-2002, 04:27 PM #1
vineas
HO WAH!

has been a member for 10 years
5.0 ?

I'm looking at picking up a barely used 5.0 from a team mate of my wife for a cheap backup/loaner gun. It's had some problems since the day she bought it with velocity and rate of fire ... I think I can figure it out, but I've been looking for the owners group to get more info, and I can't seem to find the site. I know there is one, I've seen references to it, but what's the URL?
Advertisement
Old 09-20-2002, 06:56 PM #2
WarpedPaintball

are you looking for a Jt 5.0?
Old 09-21-2002, 12:46 PM #3
ScottQ
lefty scissors

Annual Supporting Member
ScottQ is a Moderator
ScottQ is a Supporting Member
ScottQ is a founding member
ScottQ works for a Paintball manufacturer
ScottQ plays in the PSP
ScottQ supports Team VICIOUS
no, he just bought a used jt 5.0.

Are you using Co2? what kind of loader are you using? I run my jt5.0 with my backup tank and an Eggo 2 or 12volt revvy, and it shoots great.

some 5.0 and 6.0s have trouble with blowback, this can be solved, by buying a new bolt, or drilling 2 small holes on either side on the vert feed.

"There are two types of people in this world. Those who love Neil Diamond and those who don't."
Old 09-24-2002, 10:24 AM #4
vineas
HO WAH!

The topic doesn't exactly match the post ... I started in one frame of mind, then switched half way through .... I'm basically just looking for the URL of the owners group.

I haven't picked it up yet, and I'm not sure if I will or not. One person at a local field tried getting it going, and said the problems it was having was due to some electrical problems. What I'm really looking for are some troubleshooting FAQs and possibly some wiring diagrams.

Here's the problems: 1) inconsistancy (+- 20 fps), 2) inability to reach high fps (I think the max it got was around 240), and 3) Really slow ROF ... fires once, then skips all shots until about a second has passed, then is able to fire again.

These problems have shown themselves with both CO2 and HPA, and fresh batteries. 1 and 2 should be fairly simple, an inline reg will take care of 1, 2 should only be a spring ... it's #3 that's worrying me.
Old 09-24-2002, 11:14 AM #5
ScottQ
lefty scissors

Annual Supporting Member
ScottQ is a Moderator
ScottQ plays in the PSP
since the JT is so new, you will be able to send it back to JT or BE and get it fixed or replaced. It really sounds like a Mainspring problem for the velocity, I bet the last owner cut the spring down. About the skipping of shots, Is the gun actually firing and balls not loading? or is the gun just clicking when you pull the trigger. If its the second one, call up JT and see if they will fix the solinod(the problem)

about the JT owners Group, I dont know if there is still one around, I remember the BEOG asked them to join the BEOG community, and they said they didnt want to have a part with BE. Since then we havnt heard from them. I might be making a JT owners group in the future.

"There are two types of people in this world. Those who love Neil Diamond and those who don't."
Old 09-24-2002, 11:40 AM #6
vineas
HO WAH!

The velocity was like that right out of the box (I was the first to touch it out of the box, but couldn't get it going consistantly, so it went to a local tech), but that isn't my main concern anyway.

There isn't a feed problem ... it will fire normally, then you can just pull the trigger as much as you want, and nothing happens, until about a second passes, then it will fire again. It's been about a month since I've done anything with this marker, so I'm not sure, but I don't think there was even a click when you pulled the trigger, like maybe the selenoid wasn't getting any power.

I don't think she still has the receipt for this, so any work by JT probably wouldn't be covered under warranty. That's troubling that there isn't a good resource like an owners group, I'm used to one when finding problems with my bushy's or minimag ...
Old 09-24-2002, 05:20 PM #7
ScottQ
lefty scissors

Annual Supporting Member
ScottQ is a Moderator
ScottQ plays in the PSP
Call JT up and tell them what happend.

Old 09-24-2002, 05:20 PM #8
ScottQ
lefty scissors

Annual Supporting Member
ScottQ is a Moderator
ScottQ plays in the PSP
Call JT up and tell them what happend.