Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-07-2005, 07:57 PM #64
Adrenaline_Junkie! (Banned)

Heres a list of regs better than the CP with the best of course being the evolve and 2liter.

gladiator, hyper 2, sidewinder, detenator.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2005, 07:57 PM #65
Apocalyptic
Hot Dog

has been a member for 10 years
I wanted something totally out of the norm for my custom project... I knew the guys at evolve have not let me down to date and this is just released so it should look good...

I took a chance on this one... I think it was a good one in the end. I love this thing!!! I think once it sells more people are going to realize that for $65 they can get some major quality from a cheap reg it's going to really take off...

MmMmMmm Element V2 + evolve reg....
*5.1 Element Ion*Custom Nasty Typhoon

RAMPING IS NOT A SPORT,
Old 12-07-2005, 07:59 PM #66
IonJunkies (Banned)

IonJunkies is a Supporting Member
Speaking of the thread on the evolve reg, that was months back when they were just testing and things. I wonder if its still on PBN.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:02 PM #67
Adrenaline_Junkie! (Banned)

I doubt its still on pbn. They delete threads or something after like page 29.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:10 PM #68
IonJunkies (Banned)

IonJunkies is a Supporting Member
Yea, I just looked for it. They were all within the last month.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:14 PM #69
duby

Apocalyptic, you should ask for comission. i just ordered mine after this review.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:44 PM #70
Apocalyptic
Hot Dog

Hey man, just let PBW know who sent you... if thats who you got it from... I didn't post a link I didn't think I was aloud...

RAMPING IS NOT A SPORT,
Old 12-07-2005, 08:58 PM #71
zoink
cats cats cats

zoink is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalyptic
QFT

The CP is WAY over rated when people put it as #2 or #3.. it's really around #6 in my books... The Evolve and 2liter are tied at 1 maybe evolve a little higher because no oil is needed...
this true..? the evolve doesnt need to be oiled?
Old 12-07-2005, 08:58 PM #72
Apocalyptic
Hot Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoink
this true..? the evolve doesnt need to be oiled?
not oil it uses the Evolve butter or Slick honey (same idea)

RAMPING IS NOT A SPORT,
Old 12-07-2005, 09:00 PM #73
zoink
cats cats cats

zoink is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalyptic
not oil it uses the Evolve butter or Slick honey (same idea)
k good, got a lot of extra of slick honey lyin around,

i just kina skimmed the whole thread, is the reg easily broken down for cleaning, i know he said it was easy to change the hp lp shims...

Last edited by zoink : 12-07-2005 at 09:03 PM.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:06 PM #74
shrimfririceeeee
God is real

shrimfririceeeee is a Supporting Member
smaller than a cp shorty... if your question wasn't answered

the fault i see with the reg is that it can not swivel and that the elbow cannot be placed on the bottom

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1093011
Old 12-07-2005, 11:38 PM #75
bre4kbeat
Pot Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimfririceeeee
the fault i see with the reg is that it can not swivel and that the elbow cannot be placed on the bottom
EWw i hate when the 90 comes off the bottom.

Aim - bre4kbeat

My feedback
MY SPACE
Old 12-07-2005, 11:38 PM #76
JoshGrrrr
@!?#%&$

JoshGrrrr is a Supporting Member
JoshGrrrr is playing at Living Legends III
JoshGrrrr supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline_Junkie!
Yeah, CP regs are way over rated. The problem is that so may people use them and have no idea that there are way better regs out there so they reccomend them to other people and the cycle continues. CP regs are seriously low on the list of higher end regs, i can think of like 5 or 6 off the top of my head that are better.

That is the paintball market for you. It is like the superbolt cockers. They are actually damn nice cockers, but negative hype that is just repeated with no basis killed them. Which is fine by me, I can get them cheap now.

Dye Hyper II's are my favorite regs. For a while no one wanted them. Now they are somewhat popular again.

People give advice based on assumptions and without ever trying the competition to that product. There is nothing you can do about it though.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:54 PM #77
Chopper Dave

can i use slick honey or the evolve butter on my ion? it'd be nice to only have 1 kind of lube
Old 12-08-2005, 05:25 PM #78
VPREATR
Development and Testing

Annual Supporting Member
VPREATR is a Supporting Member
VPREATR plays in the APPA beginner division
My experience:

Quote:
In reviewing the context of this thread, my only concern at the moment with the Evolve Pi regulator is quality control, I recently purchased a new Evolve Pi regulator and out of the box it was missing a inner valve o-ring and the internals were filled with metal shavings requiring 30-minutes of detailed cleaning. Unfortunately those shavings damaged the o-ring on the piston, so out of the box it required an inner o-ring, a piston o-ring and 30-minutes of cleaning prior to actually retaining pressure.

Presently itís on the marker after carefully reassembly with Dow 55, pressure regulation is now stable and Iíll continue testing/tuning with my paintball radar (FPS/BPS) chrono. station; as a precaution Iíll need to order additional replacement o-rings and then monitor the internals carefully for wear and re-clean in the event any shavings were missed (although the cleaning was very thorough).

Needless to say I was rather frustrated out of the box with the Evolve Pi, itís the first regulator Iíve purchased/owned that wasnít functional out the box (being mindful of setup procedures); Iím remaining hopeful the Evolve Pi lives up to itís marketing hype, in addition Iím hopeful it doesnít require the continual replacement of the aforementioned o-rings.
Fortunately within hours of posting the above experience within a similar ďreviewĒ thread found elsewhere on PBN; both Evolve and Bump Paintball contacted me with offerings of immediate assistance. Since that time weíve discovered the piston is subject to elevated wear and that a urethane replacement is being suggested as a possible solution; Evolve (and Bump) both offered o-rings, in addition to immediate replacement of the regulator in the event manufacture tolerances werenít within specification.

In reviewing customer service, that has certainly been top notch; now back to the regulator; I chose the Evolve Pi (HP) model as it can used on a full range of markers, including my IONís as well as my Ego (and similar markers). The (LP) model of the Evolve was designed with overpressure/blow-off safety feature, preventing new users from exceeding 200PSI on specific markers (i.e. ION).

Prior to the failure of the aforementioned o-rings (post resolve of the quoted post), I found the regulator to be extremely consistent; with almost virtually no shoot down (278, 279, 278, Ö ) of course this was subject to change when testing different paints due to various brand sizing. In comparison, I found the Evolve to be on par with my AKA 2-Liter Plus when utilized on the IONís; in fact during high rates of fire with the Ego; the Evolve wasnít subject to any notable shoot down in comparison to the AKA.

Iím certain once the o-ring issues have been resolved, the Evolve PI will provide exceptional performance on par and/or above existing regulators on the market. Iím looking forward to continued testing.

Thanks!
Old 12-08-2005, 07:16 PM #79
Apocalyptic
Hot Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper Dave
can i use slick honey or the evolve butter on my ion? it'd be nice to only have 1 kind of lube
Yes for sure.. Just don't tell Ydna about it

I use somethign similar (I think it is better) it's called Rock Shox Judy Butter... amazing stuff... When I replaced the Dow33 it shot much nicer IMO... no testing or anything I just feel like it works better!!!

RAMPING IS NOT A SPORT,
Old 12-08-2005, 08:50 PM #80
a031363
Invert Mini

a031363 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline_Junkie!
Heres a list of regs better than the CP with the best of course being the evolve and 2liter.

gladiator, hyper 2, sidewinder, detenator.
I agree! It is amazing how many people put the CP way up top. It is a good reg, but not a top one. I would consider the PI, but I don't like the macro fitting in the middle, so I got the Hyper2! This replaces my Detonator, which worked very well, but I wanted to change the looks.

PbNation Feedback 145+/0-
Old 12-08-2005, 09:08 PM #81
Nosaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPREATR
My experience:

Fortunately within hours of posting the above experience within a similar ďreviewĒ thread found elsewhere on PBN; both Evolve and Bump Paintball contacted me with offerings of immediate assistance.

Thanks!
I have never understood why someone would buy a product find a problem... and the first thing they do is post a thread on pbn instead of imeadiately contacting the company.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:26 PM #82
spyder_king06
New Name: The_King06

The review you made was pretty good. This regulator sounds promising, although I am not to the biggest fan of the way it looks on the Ion. But the performance certainly is right up there. Those are some very impressive numbrs over the chrono.

Although a lot of people have been ragging on the CP in this thread, I still like a lot mainly because of the fact that the macro fitting is from the bottom. Plus its still an awsome reg. Hyper 2 is my favorite though.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:21 PM #83
DyrtyByrd27
---> Mitch <---

is there a way to oil my 2Liter+ if i dont have another gun to shoot the oil through? or could i just do it with my ion or something? also, how often do you guys oil your 2Liter+s??
Old 12-08-2005, 11:51 PM #84
VPREATR
Development and Testing

Annual Supporting Member
VPREATR is a Supporting Member
VPREATR plays in the APPA beginner division
DyrtyByrd27:
I'd suggest reviewing/searching the "Air Systems" forum for suggestions; that said, I lube/oil my AKA 2-Liter Plus (and similar regulators) utilizing an older Spyder Compact I started with years and years ago. It's quick and easy.

Thanks!

Last edited by VPREATR : 12-09-2005 at 01:33 AM.