Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-07-2002, 10:59 AM #1
LUC-E
Follow the White Rabbit

has been a member for 10 years
Question Conditioning

I have really been tryin to get my team mates to take more action in the conditioning aspect of Paintball....they believe that you dont really have to condition or are to lazy to do it....and i was wondering, how important is conditioning when wanting to be a tournament team, and actually be pretty good???like one of my back players says that he doesnt have to run that much, but if he lasts long enough he will more likely have to run a whole bunch towards the end of the game to advance...i am just tryin to get somethin to go on....so any help would be very appreciated..
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-09-2002, 09:46 AM #2
DreadLock Doc
Love Me, Don't Bother Me

Annual Supporting Member
DreadLock Doc is a Supporting Member
Drills are important.
Old 09-10-2002, 05:39 PM #3
j7million
Browncoat

j7million is a Supporting Member
They're just gonna slow you down. A team is kinda like a computer, you can only go as fast as your slowest component.
aim = j7million
"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack." George S. Patton
Old 09-12-2002, 07:42 PM #4
DreadLock Doc
Love Me, Don't Bother Me

Annual Supporting Member
DreadLock Doc is a Supporting Member
Running at the end of a game is something that your front and mids should be doing, assuming that they're still in the game. If you just have one back player vs. 2 fronts, then your back man should be capable of holding them back.

I'm not really sure about what j7million is talking about, but I would just ignore him/her until he or she provides more details about what he/she means.
Old 09-12-2002, 08:32 PM #5
j7million
Browncoat

j7million is a Supporting Member
What I'm trying to say is that if the rest of your team is not in good condition or doesn't do anything other than play once a month, they are slowing your team as a whole down(unless they are just unbelievalbely awesome at everything they do) and them showing the team down is hindering your ability.
aim = j7million
"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack." George S. Patton
Old 10-02-2002, 05:53 PM #6
Heretic666
Pro

Its important

Every member of your team should know what to do in any given situtation. Such as if the other team is down a couple or your team is down a few. That is something that could make or brake a team. If you dont fill in the gaps the enemy will. So conditioning is very important.