PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-04-2005, 04:21 PM #1
Shnizzozzle

Icon E Question

When i pull the trigger on my gun, the switch engages, and i hear the solenoid click, but it doesnt fire. At first i thought it was the battery, so i replaced it. no difference. Then i thought it might be that the spring ist putting too much pressure on the sear for it to move. so i put in a lighter spring, and lubed the bolt, sear, and hammer. didnt fix it. i dont know what to do... this is one of my project guns, somethin i just keep around to tinker with, and this is really pissing me off. if anybody knows whats going on, and can help me, that would be great.
pm me with an answer.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-04-2005, 04:42 PM #2
wwmost

sounds like the battery but u alreayd replaced it. try again with a beter battery and oil all the bolts
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/32621510150.jpg&s=x12
Freak back for sale
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1469259
Old 12-04-2005, 04:49 PM #3
Shnizzozzle

already tried it, nothing changed
Old 12-05-2005, 07:21 PM #4
mark1975
Hawkeye

mark1975 works for a Paintball manufacturer
It's possable that the solenoid is bad maybe even the board. On some Icon's the factory installed to heavy of a sear spring and that will make the solenoid work real hard to release the sear. Also only use Duracell/Energizer batteries. Other cheaper batteries will not power your marker correctly. If you can not fix it send it to NPS for free warranty repair.NPS-Tech.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:45 AM #5
RealJazzE
AZ_B2K4

Try putting a coin behind your solenoid. Try a quarter (shave the sides a little bit) or a nickel, or a dime, try each to see which works best. I had to do this mod for a while on my Icon-E and it worked great, later I was able to take it out.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:40 AM #6
ooglieboogliebob
Lock And Key

hah yep .. shimming the noid is always a good way to fix it .. it could be a bad capacitor.. the shimming usually fixes the weird noid.. or you might needa fix it ...
Old 12-26-2005, 01:31 AM #7
iongod91

i put a piece of paper behind mine on my old silver bullet, it just got worse send it in for a warranty or else your probably screwed
Old 12-27-2005, 01:06 AM #8
ooglieboogliebob
Lock And Key

... piece of paper ?? ... why did you put thyat behind it ?? .. that'll get jammed up in the noid then .. you gotta use something hard ...
Old 12-30-2005, 10:56 PM #9
ptbo

k dude i had the exact same problem so i sent it back to 32 degrees to fix it and when they did they and i got it back they said it was a problem with the spring and some thing with the board. You might wanna check those out.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:00 PM #10
DragCamaro

im having the same problem, it seemed like it wasnt getting enough power to the noid, would a new board fix it, i was looking for a better frame anyway, and do most frames include the solenoid, or will i have to gut the rest out of my current frame?
Old 01-28-2006, 04:41 PM #11
Darkfear
Paintball Shinigami

keep this going i'm haveing the same problem w/ the icon-e i just got in trade.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:36 PM #12
Bloodredsoccer
broke student

i have the same problem with mine,
Originally posted by J. Thompson #5150:
My house payment is less. My car payment is half that. My car insurance doesn't cost that much for the entire year. My motorcycle cost me less than half that. A hooker in Vegas costs less than that, and the headband doesn't even get me OFF!!!