PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-04-2005, 05:08 AM #1
ooglieboogliebob
Lock And Key

PGP Sheridan will not cock

My PGP Sheridan (pic here "http://www.paintballheadquarters.net/sheridan.html")
will not cock back for some odd reason. The bolt's stuck and i can't get it to move. Please help and thanks
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-09-2005, 06:59 PM #3
stilborne240
i think its broke......

how long have u had the thing and did u mess with anything, or did u chop....belive it or not i have known ppl to chop with a pump marker. there might be somethig jamming the bolt....does the back section of the bolt move or it thst section stuck....that part of the bolt control the bolt locking things.... good luck
pump gun #665
DYE CLUB MEMBER #30
myspace
Old 12-10-2005, 01:33 PM #4
ooglieboogliebob
Lock And Key

that section of the bolt is absolutely stuck ... it won't move at all .. like i'll try to cock it back and it won't work.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:44 PM #5
longrunner

If you can't get it fixed I'll take it off your hands AIM: pumpactnpmp, but have you tried taking out the bolt and polishing everything
Old 12-19-2005, 12:36 AM #6
vellnueve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooglieboogliebob
that section of the bolt is absolutely stuck ... it won't move at all .. like i'll try to cock it back and it won't work.
Check for broken shell fragments. If you're comfortable enough with disassembling the gun, I would recommend taking off the frame, bottom tube end cap, and pump handle, and then using a wooden dowel through the front of the barrel to force the bolt out the back. It might give you a better idea of what's going on.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:35 PM #7
hellion360

I would say you should take the frame off and the hammer out and immerse the thing in some hot water for awhile. That should soften up any shell and let you get the bolt out. Just dry it out with a hair-dryer afterwards and oil up your valve.

old pbn feedback
Old 12-20-2005, 04:09 PM #8
munkey33256

Sounds like the back portion of the bolt is stuck in the firing postion. This means that those ball bearings are stuck out and pushing on the front of the bolt wont help. I would take off the pump rod and pump, and clamp the pgp in place (using towels on the clamp/vice so you dont mar the gun). Then put a rag around the outer portion of the back of the bolt, and pull it with pliers. I doubt that a paintball is causing this problem. After you have pulled the bolt out of the gun, drive out the pin on the underside of it and dissasemble the bolt. Inspect the insides and clean and lube them a lot, and it should work like new.