PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-02-2005, 10:52 PM #1
PB_Rhyno

has been a member for 10 years
John from PMI

For those that haven't heard, John is no longer at PMI.

A few of us have known since it happened, but didn't mention it because we didn't know if John wanted the word out.

I only mention it here to voice my opinion about the situation.

To a lot of us who use PMI products, the news of John not being there is a serious concern.
There have been several occasions where someone at PMI dropped the ball and lost our warranty claim, blew-off the concerns of people who called because a product failed them, failed to answer e-mails & phone calls, etc.....

Not John.
You sent an e-mail, or made a phone call to John - and things got done.

How many times has John came up with the answer needed to get a PMI product working when nobody else could.

For a long time, John was the only person from PMI you'd find spending time on forum boards trying to help us with a problem, and it wasn't even part of his job.

There's a lot of us that can say that we wouldn't be using PMI products if it weren't for you.

Hats of to John Dresser!
Thank you for being a friend to paintballers everywhere.

Good luck to you in the future.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2005, 12:20 AM #2
TheBoss33

TheBoss33 is a Supporting Member
TheBoss33 is All In
TheBoss33 is All In
John will be greatly missed. There are a few other guys gone as well and I can tell you first hand that I am already feeling the pain of it. It will be interesting to see how PMI comes out of all this. If John does land with another company I hope he knows he can count on me to promote his products. I will stand behind anything that John is involved with because I know he will care as much about my customers as I do.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:22 AM #3
Creative Evil
and the world stood still

Creative Evil is a Supporting Member
Amen, I've used an old school fish way back when so I ventured here every once in a great while. It was pretty easy to see when someone had a problem with a marker from PMI John did all he could to take care of them.

It's a sad day in the world of paintball.
I have a black 06 Cyborg. #3096

"...But I force a smile knowing that my ambitions far exceeded my talents"
George Jung
Feedback
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1304332
Old 12-03-2005, 02:51 AM #4
Drox
Bang Bang

Drox is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss33
John will be greatly missed. There are a few other guys gone as well and I can tell you first hand that I am already feeling the pain of it. It will be interesting to see how PMI comes out of all this. If John does land with another company I hope he knows he can count on me to promote his products. I will stand behind anything that John is involved with because I know he will care as much about my customers as I do.
I know I'll stick with you. If the is great service, why leave?

Last edited by Drox : 12-03-2005 at 03:13 AM.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:25 AM #5
GunzNshizzle
"High End Low Price"

GunzNshizzle is a Supporting Member
I recently dropped PMI as a vendor. There have been changes in the way they conduct business, and in the way they look at Customer Service. These changes have effected PMI's overall Quality, in my oppinion, and have forced myself and other pro-shop owners to look elsewhere for paint. It's too bad, I have been a long time supporter of PMI, and have been using their paint for a number of years. Unfortunatly I see what is happening at PMI to be a trend in the business, companies trading service and quality for profit.

just my .02

Shizz.
Stoned Assassins Fan Club Member #421
www.TacticalHQ.com
aim= GunzNshizzle
Offical Shocker Mafia Front
AR15.com

Last edited by GunzNshizzle : 12-03-2005 at 10:27 AM.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:11 AM #6
Brad- Division
Shootin Faces since 89'

Brad- Division owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
John Will land on his feet, But John if you need anything shoot me a e-mail.
or When you get a new job somewhere...

Brad-MN
Old 12-03-2005, 12:11 PM #7
Jordan D.
Nukka

i will support it as much as i can....but it seems like pmi is just going to be another company, it may even turn into a kingman which i hope it doesnt...but john if you start your own buisness or work for a different company jsut let us know so we can start supporting that........

jordan
Support Ollie
TE__TE__TE__TE__TE__TE__TE__TE__TE__TE
__TE__TE__TE__TE__TE__TE__TE__TE__TE__
Old 12-03-2005, 01:37 PM #8
paintballer8807
Team MAGNUM

paintballer8807 is a Supporting Member
paintballer8807 supports Cereal Killerz 2
paintballer8807 is an NCPA player
paintballer8807 plays in the APPA D4 division
so r we going 2 get a new john??
Old 12-03-2005, 02:36 PM #9
Drox
Bang Bang

Drox is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer8807
so r we going 2 get a new john??
Dunno.

Maybe we should get a new forum for the company that John works for.

I don't see why he can't keep using the.evil.tech name though, instead of being from evil he could just be evil. Just needs to change the sig. and avy of that username.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:58 PM #10
TheBoss33

TheBoss33 is a Supporting Member
TheBoss33 is All In
TheBoss33 is All In
Don't worry, if John stays in paintball I will put up a section for whatever he does on my forum. As for the.evil.tech name there was about 3 guys that post under that name. They will continue to mod and help out, it just won't be John.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:17 PM #11
BeenPimpSlapped?
Obi-Wan-PIMP-Nobi

BeenPimpSlapped? is a Supporting Member
Please don't ask my sources but I thought I'd shed a little light on the recent rumor mill on PBN regarding John, Aaron, PMI and EVIL.

1st off. Although we will miss both of these guys, lets not assume EVIL or PMI will change their level of service. Lets give them a chance and see if the new guys can fill those big shoes. Maybe they will and maybe they won't. Lets give it a little while to make up our minds.

2nd. John has no interest in people trying to get him rehired at PMI / EVIL. The agreement to part ways was okay with both parties. It was not a surprise to either party as well. Sometimes people and companies change and don't "fit" they way they used to. Not a bad thing, just reality. John is going on to bigger and better things. John no longer shared EVILs current vision. Doesn't make the vision wrong, just not John's.

3rd. John has been gone from PMI for a couple weeks now, so the whole CAD drawings thing had nothing to do with him. In fact John has never been fired from a job and that was not the case here. This was a mutual descision to part ways.

4th. The CAD drawings belonged to Aaron not EVIL/PMI. They were his personal work, not done for PMI/EVIL. Aaron has never "stolen" anything. Regardless, Aarons choice to show them now has nothing to do with John.

John will be missed and I'm sure he appreciates our support. He will let us know his next resting spot. He'll still be on PBN as Robinsucks, so look for him and say hi.

As for the new Mod. My guess, and it's only a guess is that Brian will step up into the spot as "The.Evil.Tech" and therefor forum mod. If he doesn't want it, Im next in line so back off punks..

Just wanted to set a few things straight. Feel free to post your support for John and Aaron. Show some love. But don't yell at PMI / EVIL. It was a mutaul descision.
BeenPimpSlapped? Official Fan Club Member #1
Kinda scary that "The.Evil.Tech", the "smart" guy at EVIL can't figure out the double post thing..gotta stop using that ramping mouse..
Offical Jenna Jameson Fan Club Member #1
I'm the forgotten EVIL BETA tester..and PIMP-FU MASTER
Old 12-03-2005, 07:20 PM #12
paintballer8807
Team MAGNUM

paintballer8807 is a Supporting Member
paintballer8807 supports Cereal Killerz 2
paintballer8807 is an NCPA player
paintballer8807 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenPimpSlapped?
4th. The CAD drawings belonged to Aaron not EVIL/PMI. They were his personal work, not done for PMI/EVIL. Aaron has never "stolen" anything. Regardless, Aarons choice to show them now has nothing to do with John.

what did i miss?
Old 12-03-2005, 07:32 PM #13
gggplaya
Electronic's Engineer

gggplaya is a Supporting Member
John is the man. When i first got into paintball, i was 16 years old. That's 6-7 years ago. I bought a piranha. 2nd weekend i took my gun out my sear was bad. I looked online and posted on pminetwork's forums. John was right there to offer assistance. His attitude and politeness gave the entire pmi company a great customer service image. They really cared about who bought their products. That's why i will still continue to recommend PMI products to new beginners and i continue to buy PMI paint, masks etc, 2 PMI 68/45 tanks, co2 tanks.

Remembering a customer service person, 6-7 years ago on the internet on a forum. Really means that person gave a good lasting impression. Kudos to John and all his persuits. If he gets into any kind of business venture of his own, i'd recommend him to anyone.

I hope that PMI will still offer the services that john provided. Making sure their customers know, they care about what we think. I hope PMI realizes and appreciates the value John had for their company. He was a very intregal part of the face of their company.

PBN Feedback 16+
EBAY Feedback 73+

Last edited by gggplaya : 12-03-2005 at 07:35 PM.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:08 PM #14
bobvannes

This was copied from Lucky Paintball's Xanga site. http://www.xanga.com/luckypaintball

"As far as all the other crap going on, John Dresser in my opinion is the single best person in paintball to build a company around. He has an amazing talent that simply makes him the best customer service manager and quality assurance manager in THIS and many other industries.

And for those that dont quite get it, the customer is what matters.

He may be a pain at times, but he will make any company vastly better and that companies customers far more satisfied. I hope he stays in the industry and puts it on pmi for their horrible mistake in letting him go. He did amazing, tireless, thankless work in making sure all the products were as good as they could be and as safe as we could make them.

I will have nothing else to say on these matters. I left pmi for very specific reasons, what I did in the past has no bearing on what I am going to attempt to do. I have no knowledge of pmi;s direction or product plans, I left there sometime ago. Pmi's east coast warehouse is run by some of my best friends in paintball, and I hope better luck befalls them . hmm why do i have to lie, honestly i hope they leave and find better jobs too."
Old 12-12-2005, 04:16 PM #15
the loser

the loser is an NCPA player
the loser plays in the APPA D5 division
that sucks. i hope pmi's service doesnt go down the drain. or their quality.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:04 PM #16
Damonwill

Damonwill is a Supporting Member
Just to let everyone know, John Dresser was the sole reason the Piranha T-board was created. If not for him, I couldn't have done it. My hats off to him.

Damon Williams
www.scenariodreams.com