Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-05-2002, 11:54 PM #1
pb-afroman
Once there was The People

has been a member for 10 years
Exclamation 3 Man!!!

Does anybody have any advice for a three man team? Not things like, "Learn to communicate," but things more like positioning, timing, when to take the flag, who should take it, who on their team is each player responisble for, and so on. Right now we are probably gonna be going for some variation of back, mid, and front players, with back being in middle, front on right tape mid on left. Again, thanks alot and any advice is appreciated
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2002, 06:40 PM #2
ImpieBoiNO
5-0-4 BoI w00t!!!

Well, my suggestion on to who to grab the flag is the front man, my team goes one back (really good back guy) and two fronts. I'm the center runner and the other front will work either tape line. I run for the flag bunker (usually center) on the break, I try to get the flag first before they do, then I just work. Hope I helped some.
~{Chris}~
Old 09-24-2002, 06:53 PM #3
pb-afroman

thanks
Old 09-24-2002, 09:54 PM #4
ImpieBoiNO
5-0-4 BoI w00t!!!

No problem dood
Old 09-25-2002, 05:02 PM #5
UnknownAssassin
POOPy

UnknownAssassin is a Supporting Member
Dude just remember in 3 man every player counts like doubletime... Don't get hit off the break or your teams in trouble... also you guys have a major advantage if you sweetspot someone off the break

Rock The World.

My Feedback
Old 09-25-2002, 11:10 PM #6
automagsrule
LOIC

In 3-man, my team doesn't play to go for the flag, we just try to get maxes. All I can say, is get every one to like the 40/50/60 and try to collapse on them. You hafta have mass speed tho, cuz you need to be to at least the 20 by the time they get to the 10.

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton
Old 10-09-2002, 06:15 PM #7
FuNkY_Rooster

hmmm.. I been thinking alot about where to put my team in center-flag 3man. I got one guy who isnt very fast, yet is really really hard to get back into his bunker once he has got to shooting at somebody. And I got another guy who doesnt shoot as much... but I can really get him to make that move up. And I am a pretty fast sprinter and keep a really low profile. So I was thinking of putting me as left flanker to move up and shoot cross feild ( since im right handed) get my slow dude to be our backman. And our other guy to head up mid left, and as soon as he gets the chance, grab the flag at the fifty. We even came up with a codename for "GET THE FLAG PULL" it is "FLUFFY BUNNIES!!! FLUFFY BUNNIES!!", when ya yell that every single person on the team jumps up and puts fire on somebody regardless of whether they are out of thier bunkers or not, and the flagman runs to get the flag. I try not to stack people at any side either.

Team "Free Ballers" North Carolina

Male 15yrs old
Old 10-09-2002, 06:30 PM #8
pb-afroman

Im happy to say that we got 2nd in our first tournament ever. There were 6 teams and we got a chance to see many different styles of play. Most of the time though, it seemed like teams stalemated until one team had been completely eliminated or one person was left on the other team.
Old 10-09-2002, 09:03 PM #9
PurgatoryPit
Nero Caesar

My team takes three shooting lanes off the break. Weve found in three man if you get a guy off the break its over.
Old 10-09-2002, 09:44 PM #10
pb-afroman

I agree with that...In one game I shot a guy out about 4 seconds after sliding into my bunker, about 45 seconds later we had the flag and were running for the other side...
Old 10-09-2002, 10:35 PM #11
Signal21
the SHOCKER

Signal21 is a Supporting Member
Signal21 is a Professional paintball player
ok this is what i think. i think all 3 players shoot of the break. 2 shooting lanes. one shoots one lane and the other 2 shoot in the other one. i think the 2 shooting one lane will most likely get someone out. i also think all three shooting one is good too BUT you have to watch the other side cause all you really need to do is get one player out and its over.
Old 10-10-2002, 10:31 AM #12
UnknownAssassin
POOPy

UnknownAssassin is a Supporting Member
hey afro man great job on your tournament... our team is reffing a 3 man next weekend... cant wait to see some stratigies...

Rock The World.

My Feedback
Old 10-25-2002, 10:57 AM #13

845 is a founding member
Off the break try having to guys in the mid stand up sweet spotting while u send one guy up the middle for the flag. Then let one of the guys in the stand up move left or right and make a formation like this
-X
------------X

-X

Then just push forward and put a lot of paint in the air.

*ignore the ----s
Old 12-07-2002, 02:22 PM #14
avalnchebller
MEECROB

Three man is all about speed. If you cant run a 8 sec. 50 meter you prolly wont succeed. Put as much pressure on the 50/60 off the break, if you can get that flag or one man, the other team automatically reciols to a defensive mode.