Old 10-24-2004, 04:35 PM #1
joebauer08
Hosebag

joebauer08 is a Supporting Member
joebauer08 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
joebauer08 is an NCPA player
joebauer08 plays in the APPA D5 division
Question Pt Xtreme or Delta .68?

Hey... you probally already know what my question is.

I was looking at paintball pistols and I narrowed it down to the Pt Xtreme Jr or the Delta 68. i think the delta costs more but price isnt a factor. I need some pros and cons about the two guns and your opinion on which one i should get.

thanks a ton
-Joe
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-24-2004, 09:57 PM #2
joebauer08
Hosebag

joebauer08 is a Supporting Member
joebauer08 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
joebauer08 is an NCPA player
joebauer08 plays in the APPA D5 division
nevermind... i got my info from another thread

Have you seen a red and black star framed Ego5 like this ?
CONTACT ME ASAP!
Old 10-27-2004, 07:55 PM #3
paint-o-steeze
new schoolers unite.

wered u find the info dude im wondering the same thing?

SIGMA CHI
Old 10-30-2004, 01:20 PM #4
relishman666
Lamh Dhearg Eirin

has been a member for 10 years
delta .68 is better get it!!
Old 10-31-2004, 11:47 AM #5
rebelrocker
Play pb against ur enemy

delta is the *****

"OK, which one of you ******* stole one of my pods!''
Old 10-31-2004, 07:39 PM #6
paint-o-steeze
new schoolers unite.

i heard they break alot.. true?

SIGMA CHI
Old 11-03-2004, 05:24 PM #7
Kevin_nps

Break a lot? Only from mis-use. They are reliable. Make sure you oil where the CO2 is punctured, failure to do so will cause the o-ring on the valve face to leak. Other than that the marker is excellent.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:48 AM #8
toolshed rec-face

Also, releasing a 12 gram before it is completely empty will blow the valve face o-ring. Make sure it's empty before you change.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:47 PM #9
Todd Wilks

Heh look an opinion over here!

So, I've used a few of these side-arms and it is quite a lot of fun. If you end up buying a side-arm, you'll get to play an entirely different game simply by the gun your using. Playing with a side-arm brings a whole new novelty to the game you've played many times before. Limiting yourself to ten rounds and having no option but to aim and move in on an enemy really makes the game more challenging and lots of fun.

Now, I'll admit that this sort of gameplay is not for everyone but it is an entertaining change of pace. Even if you have a main gun, it is fun to bring a pistol for when you tank runs out of gas and your not close to a refill point. 12gram CO2 cartridges don't weigh a lot and can extend your performance all the way to a resupply point on scenario fields like D-Day. ...And as someone mentioned in an earlier reply they do look cool.

If your looking to get a pistol there are a couple things to think about. Some of the side-arms come with tactical rails, holsters, built-in quick changes for your 12 gram CO2 cartridges, and other cool features. These features can be useful and they can also just get in the way.

1:Tactical rails give you mounting options for tac. lights, lasers, and other cool devices. The downside is if you attempt to put a pistol that has all these "extras" on it in a holster, it more than likely won't fit. Now your gun is also heavy. Use your side-arm enough and the weight will become quite a factor in your enjoyment of your pistol.

2:Quick change CO2 cartridge adapters... A good idea, but also a plague to most that use paintball pistols. A Quick-flip quick change allows a player to pop out a 12 gram cartridge and load another cartridge rapidy, cutting down on the reload time of your marker. A quick-flip will also expel all the remaining CO2 onto the o-ring that seals the point that a cartidge gets pierced. After quick-flipping a few times this o-ring will be destroyed. Replacing this o-ring requires one to dissasemble their side-arm and then re-assemble... Not something you want to do on the battle field.

3:You may also want to find a vest or holsters to fit your new side-arm. This is the easy part. You can find many holsters pre-maid on many paintball sites to fit any paintball pistol made to date.

4: Price can also be a barrier to many looking to get a paintball pistol. Paintball pistols can cost $300-$400 dollars for the really nice ones like the air gun designs syd-arm. $100-$150 can get you the pistols with the tac rails and other quick flips and etc.

5:With all this in mind I personally enjoy the simple things in life. The PT JR is my choice of paintball side-arm. If you've read this far, I'm sure you would probably like to know why... The PT JR is small, actually the lightest side-arm made. The JR has a quick threaded screw-in CO2 changer. This basically means that you can still change your CO2 in a relatively good amount of time, but you will bleed the remaining CO2 instead of dumping it. This difference is definately worth the time. The PT JR is by far the right choice for someone who is worried about their wallet, coming in at only $79.95 @ www.gatsplat.com At that price you could get two and go Akimbo!

Anyhow, I obviously write too much, but I hope that helps you pick out the right side-arm.

-Todd
Old 10-24-2005, 01:35 PM #10
toolshed rec-face

wow, 2 weeks shy of being a one year old thread, way to go!
Old 10-24-2005, 02:41 PM #11
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D4 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Wilks
Heh look an opinion over here!

So, I've used a few of these side-arms and it is quite a lot of fun. If you end up buying a side-arm, you'll get to play an entirely different game simply by the gun your using. Playing with a side-arm brings a whole new novelty to the game you've played many times before. Limiting yourself to ten rounds and having no option but to aim and move in on an enemy really makes the game more challenging and lots of fun.

Now, I'll admit that this sort of gameplay is not for everyone but it is an entertaining change of pace. Even if you have a main gun, it is fun to bring a pistol for when you tank runs out of gas and your not close to a refill point. 12gram CO2 cartridges don't weigh a lot and can extend your performance all the way to a resupply point on scenario fields like D-Day. ...And as someone mentioned in an earlier reply they do look cool.

If your looking to get a pistol there are a couple things to think about. Some of the side-arms come with tactical rails, holsters, built-in quick changes for your 12 gram CO2 cartridges, and other cool features. These features can be useful and they can also just get in the way.

1:Tactical rails give you mounting options for tac. lights, lasers, and other cool devices. The downside is if you attempt to put a pistol that has all these "extras" on it in a holster, it more than likely won't fit. Now your gun is also heavy. Use your side-arm enough and the weight will become quite a factor in your enjoyment of your pistol.

2:Quick change CO2 cartridge adapters... A good idea, but also a plague to most that use paintball pistols. A Quick-flip quick change allows a player to pop out a 12 gram cartridge and load another cartridge rapidy, cutting down on the reload time of your marker. A quick-flip will also expel all the remaining CO2 onto the o-ring that seals the point that a cartidge gets pierced. After quick-flipping a few times this o-ring will be destroyed. Replacing this o-ring requires one to dissasemble their side-arm and then re-assemble... Not something you want to do on the battle field.

3:You may also want to find a vest or holsters to fit your new side-arm. This is the easy part. You can find many holsters pre-maid on many paintball sites to fit any paintball pistol made to date.

4: Price can also be a barrier to many looking to get a paintball pistol. Paintball pistols can cost $300-$400 dollars for the really nice ones like the air gun designs syd-arm. $100-$150 can get you the pistols with the tac rails and other quick flips and etc.

5:With all this in mind I personally enjoy the simple things in life. The PT JR is my choice of paintball side-arm. If you've read this far, I'm sure you would probably like to know why... The PT JR is small, actually the lightest side-arm made. The JR has a quick threaded screw-in CO2 changer. This basically means that you can still change your CO2 in a relatively good amount of time, but you will bleed the remaining CO2 instead of dumping it. This difference is definately worth the time. The PT JR is by far the right choice for someone who is worried about their wallet, coming in at only $79.95 @ www.gatsplat.com At that price you could get two and go Akimbo!

Anyhow, I obviously write too much, but I hope that helps you pick out the right side-arm.

-Todd
omg you cant be seriouse the pt extreme(JR) is the biggest piece Ever i mean its up there with the impulse. So far i have blown 6 orings on it, 2 valve ones and 4 hammer orings. Some problems with the extreme is how horrible the accuracy is i mean the bore size must be .71, thats no joke. Also i love the valve placement on the pt extreme. Why would they put it under the screw so you can screw in a macro line and use constant air, o wait they wanted you to buy the piece that goes from the constant air hole to the valve so they make more $, and even better they relized that no one was buying that so they stopped making it because no one would ever put constant air on that pos. You know whats better than a pt extreme a 10 round tube, same function but much lighter, because if i ran out of paint in my main gun and i had a pt extreme i would put the paint that was in the extreme into my main gun. Dont get the pt extreme, it is horrible, idk if the delta is any better, but i know the agd sydarm rapes the pt extreme along with the overloard. (and yes i still own my pt extreme because no one would ever buy that pos). hope i helped someone from blowing 80$, like i did.

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
Old 10-25-2005, 07:40 PM #12
Aria
ODAAT

Aria helped look for balloons
Aria supports Team VICIOUS
That new pistol from tag looks kinda neat.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:03 AM #13
r4iN

Delta

-Tracer (Pump) (1st gun)-Sold
-piranha GTI (Semi)-Sold

Waiting Upon getting a new gun for summer.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:34 PM #14
tomfisher

Smile PT or .68

I have been looking for a pistol for about one year now and still dont have one but a am starting to lean towards the Delta .68 cuz the c02 chang is faster and it looks cool

I do not like the PT JR at all but thats just me.

my friend has a pt Xtreme that is reel messed up and hell give it to me for 25$.
He only used like 5 times befor it broke

and I here the .68 is good for backyard play

i would be nuvers of the gun of the gun breaking and haveing to wate to get it fixed.

Hit me up thxs

robtoddscool@gmail.com

Last edited by tomfisher : 12-04-2005 at 09:04 PM. Reason: add