As my car progresses. 56K Will DIE!!!! - Page 3 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-26-2005, 11:30 AM #43
minime
 
 
minime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
minime is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Puma King
Mik3punk - everyone criticizes the SR20 because the motor is a piece of crap, over priced, and was designed horribly. Lots of Issues in the head design and tends to have problems in the higher rpms cause some of the valves to stay open.
You can switch to solid lifters for a few hundred dollars and rev to 9k just fine. But yea, all those silly sr20 owners are idiots and never make any kind of power worth mentioning. I mean, the fastest S chassis in the world is SR20 powered, but he'd definitely be going faster if he used a CA.


Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM
CA18 for actual JDMness.
Please explain. If you get either one it is coming from Japan. It's not like SR20s come from Russia.
__________________


Flex 7 F/S

minime is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-26-2005, 11:13 PM #44
The Puma King
I once raped a little boy
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: South Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by minime
You can switch to solid lifters for a few hundred dollars and rev to 9k just fine. But yea, all those silly sr20 owners are idiots and never make any kind of power worth mentioning. I mean, the fastest S chassis in the world is SR20 powered, but he'd definitely be going faster if he used a CA.




Please explain. If you get either one it is coming from Japan. It's not like SR20s come from Russia.

Try atleast a grand to convert it to solid lifters, but hey we CA guys can do that just fine, its pointless on a stock setup but the fact remains we dont need to and its amazing how such a amazing motor is relying on old technology in order to rev higher Did I say they dont make power, in america if you throw enough money you can make anything happen, I'm pretty sure if I had unlimited money I could make a CA do 1000hp, plus theirs already a CA in the 900 crank hp range. Sorry the fastest S chassis is not SR20 powered its actually a mix of Domestic and RB26DET powered, domestic as in LS1 and some other chevy big block. SR20 people are just pissed because they spent $1200 for just 30hp Ironic isnt it. Btw SR20DET is a Fast and Furious motor hehe
The Puma King is offline  
Old 12-27-2005, 01:05 AM #45
minime
 
 
minime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
minime is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Puma King
Try atleast a grand to convert it to solid lifters, but hey we CA guys can do that just fine, its pointless on a stock setup but the fact remains we dont need to and its amazing how such a amazing motor is relying on old technology in order to rev higher Did I say they dont make power, in america if you throw enough money you can make anything happen, I'm pretty sure if I had unlimited money I could make a CA do 1000hp, plus theirs already a CA in the 900 crank hp range. Sorry the fastest S chassis is not SR20 powered its actually a mix of Domestic and RB26DET powered, domestic as in LS1 and some other chevy big block. SR20 people are just pissed because they spent $1200 for just 30hp Ironic isnt it. Btw SR20DET is a Fast and Furious motor hehe
$1000?! You must be mistaken...

http://www.store.yahoo.com/phase2mot.../tosrsopi.html - solid lifters for $245; where the hell did you get $1000?

I'm sorry, fastest S-chassis on standard suspension. Not like you helped your argument any by saying there's a faster one that is RB26 powered.

What SR20 people are pissed about their motor swaps? I've never heard of anyone thinking their swap was a waste of money.

Oh and if you want my stock turbo to make your car faster, let me know.
__________________


Flex 7 F/S


Last edited by minime : 12-27-2005 at 01:13 AM.
minime is offline  
Old 12-27-2005, 08:38 PM #46
The Puma King
I once raped a little boy
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: South Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by minime
$1000?! You must be mistaken...

http://www.store.yahoo.com/phase2mot.../tosrsopi.html - solid lifters for $245; where the hell did you get $1000?

I'm sorry, fastest S-chassis on standard suspension. Not like you helped your argument any by saying there's a faster one that is RB26 powered.

What SR20 people are pissed about their motor swaps? I've never heard of anyone thinking their swap was a waste of money.

Oh and if you want my stock turbo to make your car faster, let me know.
so you think that just putting solid lifters is gonna make everything work, boy are you mistaken theirs more to just throwing a solid lifter in their which adds up.

Ummm who said the RB powered 240 wasnt on stock suspension and trust me the fastest S chassis that uses SR20 is not on stock suspension either but than again I'm pretty sure you'll come up with another excuse, but than again you just contradicted yourself because now your saying a RB powered S chassis doesnt count.

Aparently you dont search much huh their are numerous people on Nico, 240sx forums, personal friends who wish they didnt go SR shoot even some of them blew after several hundred miles all on stock setups.

and by the way I wouldnt want your turbo anyways, when I upgrade I want a worthwhile upgrade not just 30hp. The turbo comment was to show how $900 vs $2300 and getting the same power with just a small upgrade for $150 is all it takes. Their is a reason why their is crap load of people who use to own SR's are switching over to CA's.




BTW Minime you might want to read the Asterisks with those solid lifters you know this little symbol "*"


* One has to measure and order the correct size of shims and rocker guides accordingly when installing Tomei solid pivot. One can order the shims/guides from B13 Sentra SER from local Dealer, and order the test guides from Tomei.

*** TOMEI SOLID TYPE PRO-CAMS ARE NEEDED FOR USE WITH SOLID LIFTERS. PLEASE SELECT THE MODEL CAMS BELOW **


Soooo lets see

$245 for the actual Solid Lifter
$565 for the cams
$68 for the test guides
doesnt say how much for the shims but their pretty cheap.
Now you obviously wanna upgrade springs usually titanium about $200+

Like I said over $1000 to convert to Solid lifters mmmmm hows it feel minime the page you tried to prove me wrong was what proved you wrong.

Last edited by The Puma King : 12-27-2005 at 08:52 PM.
The Puma King is offline  
Old 12-27-2005, 08:49 PM #47
daytonfrontman
Dogbegone.com my ***
 
daytonfrontman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: So-Mich, So-sweet
 has been a member for 10 years
hey puma, just out of curiosity, why did you remove the A/C and heating equipment? I just want to know
__________________
My Feedback
daytonfrontman is offline  
Old 12-27-2005, 08:58 PM #48
The Puma King
I once raped a little boy
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: South Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonfrontman
hey puma, just out of curiosity, why did you remove the A/C and heating equipment? I just want to know
Well when I bought the car it wasnt working, and I drove the car without A/C in florida during the summer and it wasnt bad so I was like screw it and removed every A/C component, also its a great weight reductor probably took off like I wanna say 80 lbs at the most because I took of every A/C line inside and out, I removed the A/C compressor and bracket which was a good 20-25lbs, all the A/C stuff underneath the dash was like 20-30lbs, all the little accesories was probably a good 10lbs and the condensor another 10lbs or less. Plus I sold the compressor off my CA and would of had to make the a/c stuff work with the CA if I wanted to keep it. Also its just another thing to break down on you so I eliminated it.
The Puma King is offline  
Old 12-27-2005, 09:04 PM #49
daytonfrontman
Dogbegone.com my ***
 
daytonfrontman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: So-Mich, So-sweet
 has been a member for 10 years
fair enough
__________________
My Feedback
daytonfrontman is offline  
Old 12-27-2005, 10:13 PM #50
minime
 
 
minime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
minime is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Puma King
so you think that just putting solid lifters is gonna make everything work, boy are you mistaken theirs more to just throwing a solid lifter in their which adds up.

Ummm who said the RB powered 240 wasnt on stock suspension and trust me the fastest S chassis that uses SR20 is not on stock suspension either but than again I'm pretty sure you'll come up with another excuse, but than again you just contradicted yourself because now your saying a RB powered S chassis doesnt count.

Aparently you dont search much huh their are numerous people on Nico, 240sx forums, personal friends who wish they didnt go SR shoot even some of them blew after several hundred miles all on stock setups.

and by the way I wouldnt want your turbo anyways, when I upgrade I want a worthwhile upgrade not just 30hp. The turbo comment was to show how $900 vs $2300 and getting the same power with just a small upgrade for $150 is all it takes. Their is a reason why their is crap load of people who use to own SR's are switching over to CA's.




BTW Minime you might want to read the Asterisks with those solid lifters you know this little symbol "*"


* One has to measure and order the correct size of shims and rocker guides accordingly when installing Tomei solid pivot. One can order the shims/guides from B13 Sentra SER from local Dealer, and order the test guides from Tomei.

*** TOMEI SOLID TYPE PRO-CAMS ARE NEEDED FOR USE WITH SOLID LIFTERS. PLEASE SELECT THE MODEL CAMS BELOW **


Soooo lets see

$245 for the actual Solid Lifter
$565 for the cams
$68 for the test guides
doesnt say how much for the shims but their pretty cheap.
Now you obviously wanna upgrade springs usually titanium about $200+

Like I said over $1000 to convert to Solid lifters mmmmm hows it feel minime the page you tried to prove me wrong was what proved you wrong.

Actually, yes, the only thing you need are solid lifters and a good tune.

Yes, the fastest S chassis car on standard suspension is owned by DEVLSH in Austrailia and is SR20 powered.

Wow, people on Nico and 240 forums are complaining about their SR swaps? Those two boards contain the biggest collection of idiots you will find anywhere on the internet. I remember I met up with some guys from 240 forums once and they all tried to convince me that swapping out a running KA24DE for an SR20DE was a good investment. Try finding a better source for information.

Yes you need to buy their cams when you use their lifters, but if you weren't upgrading your cams in the first place then there is no point in converting to solid lifters because the stock cams don't breath that high up in the rpm band anyway.

Yea the prices people are paying these days for SRs are rediculous because of the demand, but don't go trying to play it off like your engine is any better and stop talking so much **** on SRs. They are way more proven than CAs and they have a much larger aftermarket support base in the US.
__________________


Flex 7 F/S


Last edited by minime : 12-27-2005 at 10:27 PM.
minime is offline  
Old 12-27-2005, 10:42 PM #51
The Puma King
I once raped a little boy
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: South Florida
Sigh minime why are you such an idiot? Please answer that.

No the fastest S chassis is not sr20 powered what part of that dont you understand. Dont forget this world is enormous, and you dont keep tabs on every single person in the world. Who knows maybe their is a guy with a 1200 whp CA that isnt known yet.

As for Nico and 240sx forums sadly I'm pretty sure the forums you go to are the same people from nico, please dont say Fresh Alloy is any better because the same people on FA go to Nico as well.

Minime your amazing you contradict yourself in the same post, its one thing to contradict yourself in the same thread with different posts but holy **** dude in the same post WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by minime
Actually, yes, the only thing you need are solid lifters and a good tune.
Quote:
Originally Posted by minime
Yes you need to buy their cams when you use their lifters, but if you weren't upgrading your cams in the first place then there is no point in converting to solid lifters because the stock cams don't breath that high up in the rpm band anyway.
Thank you those comments alone help me and others come to conclusion you have no idea WTF you are talking about.

Is the CA the best engine in the world, nope never said that, is it better than a SR yup, in price and performance. Their is such a high demand for the CA now that everyone is starting to find out about them but prices arent skyrocketing they only went up about $100. Like I said if the CA sucked than why are people doing things like converting to solid lifters if the SR was so amazing? But thats besides the point. Also aftermarket support base in the US, its simple their's so many things wrong with the SR20 that companies can sucker a bit of people into buying their products. Plus the same major companies that make SR parts make CA parts, such as HKS, Tomei, JUN, Cometic, NISMO, CP, Weisco. After all you dont see companies releasing products for the CA to change the design aspect of the engine perfect example the solid lifters for the SR head just a little food for thought. By the way minime please provide how SR's are proven over the CA? Please dont go and make a ignorant comment such as theirs more High HP SR than CA's. Please bless us with your wisdom of how the SR is superior.
The Puma King is offline  
Old 12-27-2005, 11:22 PM #52
minime
 
 
minime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
minime is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Puma King
Sigh minime why are you such an idiot? Please answer that.

No the fastest S chassis is not sr20 powered what part of that dont you understand. Dont forget this world is enormous, and you dont keep tabs on every single person in the world. Who knows maybe their is a guy with a 1200 whp CA that isnt known yet.

As for Nico and 240sx forums sadly I'm pretty sure the forums you go to are the same people from nico, please dont say Fresh Alloy is any better because the same people on FA go to Nico as well.

Minime your amazing you contradict yourself in the same post, its one thing to contradict yourself in the same thread with different posts but holy **** dude in the same post WTF?





Thank you those comments alone help me and others come to conclusion you have no idea WTF you are talking about.

Is the CA the best engine in the world, nope never said that, is it better than a SR yup, in price and performance. Their is such a high demand for the CA now that everyone is starting to find out about them but prices arent skyrocketing they only went up about $100. Like I said if the CA sucked than why are people doing things like converting to solid lifters if the SR was so amazing? But thats besides the point. Also aftermarket support base in the US, its simple their's so many things wrong with the SR20 that companies can sucker a bit of people into buying their products. Plus the same major companies that make SR parts make CA parts, such as HKS, Tomei, JUN, Cometic, NISMO, CP, Weisco. After all you dont see companies releasing products for the CA to change the design aspect of the engine perfect example the solid lifters for the SR head just a little food for thought. By the way minime please provide how SR's are proven over the CA? Please dont go and make a ignorant comment such as theirs more High HP SR than CA's. Please bless us with your wisdom of how the SR is superior.
So can you post your CA powered car that runs faster than DEVLSH's car? And how do I know that that is the fastest S chassis car on standard suspension? Because in the video the anouncer says "And that is a new world record for the fastest silvia on standard suspension."

Actually, a lot of the people that post in FA Advanced would never go near 240 forums or Nico and just about everyone there talks trash on those boards whenever they are brought up when someone from there says "well someone on nico/240 forums said this..."

You need tomei cams when you use their lifters, theres other companies that will let you use stock style cams but tomei are the cheapest and you're going to be upgrading your cams anyway.

If CAs are better than SRs then why do Kei Office, Team Orange, Trust, Riverside, Falken, Kaaz, Pac Rim, JIC, and Signal (swapped into a z33, if they were going to do all that work why not use the almighty CA?) all use SR20s in the pro drift cars? And why are there exactly ZERO CA's in competition in D1? If the CA is so much better don't you think there would be at least a few teams that would have caught on, or are you just claiming to be smarter than every pro team in the D1GP?
__________________


Flex 7 F/S


Last edited by minime : 12-27-2005 at 11:25 PM.
minime is offline  
Old 12-28-2005, 07:16 PM #53
The Puma King
I once raped a little boy
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: South Florida
LOL do you ever give up and admit your wrong?

LOL so hold on your reling on what a Announcer said in the video? I've seen numerous videos where the announcer said Wow thats the new record for so and so, I'm sure the announcer said it in the video he did it all on stock suspension because he knows the guy personally, shoot he built the car for him to right. LOL

Sigh I dont even know why were fighting about forums, go to a real automotive forum they'll put a hurtin on Fresh Alloy, Nico, 240sx etc etc. And to be honest its kinda gay bragging about how smart a forum is, I post on FA does that make me a genius? Exactly so why even bother?


Quote:
Originally Posted by minime
You need tomei cams when you use their lifters, theres other companies that will let you use stock style cams but tomei are the cheapest and you're going to be upgrading your cams anyway.
So in other words you proved my point that it costs almost a grand to convert to solid lifters, why did you argue with me in the first place when you knew I was right the first time? I'm tellin ya Minime you already lost this battle.


Quote:
Originally Posted by minime
If CAs are better than SRs then why do Kei Office, Team Orange, Trust, Riverside, Falken, Kaaz, Pac Rim, JIC, and Signal (swapped into a z33, if they were going to do all that work why not use the almighty CA?) all use SR20s in the pro drift cars? And why are there exactly ZERO CA's in competition in D1? If the CA is so much better don't you think there would be at least a few teams that would have caught on, or are you just claiming to be smarter than every pro team in the D1GP?
If your stupid to realize that, that is a marketing tool than their is no point in even responding to your posts anymore, its called marketing to a large audience yes the SR20 is a popular motor for the wrong reasons thus why the large marketbase. Seriously Dude I asked for a intelligent response not something retarded and ignorant as why you see SR20 in drift events, just so you know the SR20 are getting spanked by GTO's and Mustangs along with Vipers so I dont see your logic. And just so you know their are professional teams using CA's in their cars, just not stupid drift events, plus their are a bunch of CA powered 240sx in Socal that are drift events and winning. Also have you ever seen the videos with Keiichi Tsuchiya driving a stock 180sx with the CA drifting like crazy, he also had a better lap time in 180sx with CA than with a 180sx with the SR.

Ask yourself this why does the RB20DET, RB25DET, RB26DETT, VG30DETT share the EXACT same characteristics of the CA and nothing from the SR. Theirs a reason the CA is nicknamed the RB with 4 cylindes, and we all know the RB26DETT was Nissans pride and joy and was the reason they put it in their super car.

Well I'm done arguing with you, theirs no point in arguing with a ignorant close minded person who cant except the fact that the SR isnt all that its cracked up to be.
The Puma King is offline  
Old 12-28-2005, 08:05 PM #54
Marko34256
 
 
Marko34256's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: KC*MO
 has been a member for 10 years
Marko34256 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Marko34256 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
im diggin those floormats
__________________
Feedback
Marko34256 is offline  
Old 12-28-2005, 11:20 PM #55
minime
 
 
minime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
minime is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Puma King
LOL do you ever give up and admit your wrong?

LOL so hold on your reling on what a Announcer said in the video? I've seen numerous videos where the announcer said Wow thats the new record for so and so, I'm sure the announcer said it in the video he did it all on stock suspension because he knows the guy personally, shoot he built the car for him to right. LOL

Sigh I dont even know why were fighting about forums, go to a real automotive forum they'll put a hurtin on Fresh Alloy, Nico, 240sx etc etc. And to be honest its kinda gay bragging about how smart a forum is, I post on FA does that make me a genius? Exactly so why even bother?




So in other words you proved my point that it costs almost a grand to convert to solid lifters, why did you argue with me in the first place when you knew I was right the first time? I'm tellin ya Minime you already lost this battle.




If your stupid to realize that, that is a marketing tool than their is no point in even responding to your posts anymore, its called marketing to a large audience yes the SR20 is a popular motor for the wrong reasons thus why the large marketbase. Seriously Dude I asked for a intelligent response not something retarded and ignorant as why you see SR20 in drift events, just so you know the SR20 are getting spanked by GTO's and Mustangs along with Vipers so I dont see your logic. And just so you know their are professional teams using CA's in their cars, just not stupid drift events, plus their are a bunch of CA powered 240sx in Socal that are drift events and winning. Also have you ever seen the videos with Keiichi Tsuchiya driving a stock 180sx with the CA drifting like crazy, he also had a better lap time in 180sx with CA than with a 180sx with the SR.

Ask yourself this why does the RB20DET, RB25DET, RB26DETT, VG30DETT share the EXACT same characteristics of the CA and nothing from the SR. Theirs a reason the CA is nicknamed the RB with 4 cylindes, and we all know the RB26DETT was Nissans pride and joy and was the reason they put it in their super car.

Well I'm done arguing with you, theirs no point in arguing with a ignorant close minded person who cant except the fact that the SR isnt all that its cracked up to be.

I looked through that whole post and I still don't see where you posted a CA that moves down the track faster than DEVLSH's car.
__________________


Flex 7 F/S

minime is offline  
Old 12-29-2005, 12:40 PM #56
minime
 
 
minime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
minime is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthalpy on FreshAlloy
it is not advised to run solid lifters with cams designed to be run on hydraulic lifters. the cam profile on a hydraulic cam is much less aggressive and is designed to work with a hydraulic lifter. the cams designed for soild lifters will give greater valve opening sand closing speeds resulting in greater area under the curve in valve opening. you cna run hydraulic cams but you need to re-shim the valvetrain to allow for clearance between the cam and the rocker arm. IIRC this is around 0.20-0.15mm.

Hmmm, looks like you don't need their cams after all, you just need to set the clearance to work with cams designed for hydro lifters.

I guess you shouldn't believe everything you read on Nico and 240 Forums, eh?


So like I said, you can convert to solid lifters for under $300. Next time you try talking **** you should probably know what you're talking about.
__________________


Flex 7 F/S

minime is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump