Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-30-2005, 12:15 PM #22
The Puma King
I once raped a little boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzkicka
i love it when people remove "emissions stuff"

well the state of florida has no emissions laws, emissions garbage is just another costly thing to break, added weight, no benefits. Not to mention since I am gonna be using a standalone they are worthless and cant be used so obviously remove it.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-30-2005, 12:16 PM #23
FrolessWonder
RISE OR DIE TRYING

has been a member for 10 years
FrolessWonder has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
i remeber reading about when you started this on air-powered. Good job man, it looks like its coming along very nicely.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:27 PM #24
Azzkicka (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Puma King
well the state of florida has no emissions laws, emissions garbage is just another costly thing to break, added weight, no benefits. Not to mention since I am gonna be using a standalone they are worthless and cant be used so obviously remove it.
emissions add fuel milage and help keep the engine in better condition
and they add hp in some cases

Last edited by Azzkicka : 11-30-2005 at 01:44 PM.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:23 PM #25
The Puma King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzkicka
emissions add fuel milage and help keep the engine in better condition
and they add hp in some cases
Emissions does not add hp, it robs HP. Emissions is used to restrict the engine. Please explain how emissions crap keeps the engine in better condition? When I removed my emissions crap I actually gained better fuel consumption. Their is a reason why some car manufactures produce cars outside the USA without Emissions parts. Their is a reason why some high HP cars dont use emissions crap b/c it does the complete opposite of what you say.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:13 PM #26
nate20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clark
Looks good.

Im currently looking at dumping a b18 into a civic, but we will see.
Goodluck if you end up doin the swap. Im going to look at a crx this weekend, and if i end up gettin it im gonna be puttin a b16 in it
Old 11-30-2005, 10:36 PM #27
Azzkicka (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Puma King
Emissions does not add hp, it robs HP. Emissions is used to restrict the engine. Please explain how emissions crap keeps the engine in better condition? When I removed my emissions crap I actually gained better fuel consumption. Their is a reason why some car manufactures produce cars outside the USA without Emissions parts. Their is a reason why some high HP cars dont use emissions crap b/c it does the complete opposite of what you say.
explain to me how "ripping out emissions crap" helped you gain milage or hp.
im guessing you havent heard of an egr,pcv or catalyc converter
Old 12-01-2005, 08:25 AM #28
TRD_Celica (Banned)
Banned

nice, love the car
Old 12-01-2005, 11:19 AM #29
F1VENOM

Haha neither of you really know what you're talking about. As far as parts go that would help power/mileage, evap is about the only thing that would increase fuel mileage. It uses fuel vapor from the tank injected into the intake manifold to help richen the intake charge and use less fuel. PCV kind of helps, but it doesn't really make power. A vacuum pump is what makes power, not pcv. EGR and cats certainly don't help power, as one injects exhaust gasses into the CC to create a faux a rich charge to prevent NOx from forming, and the other restricts exhaust flow.

How's the CA18 comming? Pictures of it cleaned up?
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 12-01-2005, 02:05 PM #30
Azzkicka (Banned)

i didnt say egr, pcv, cat added power. i asked how much power he was going to gain by taking them off. plus, the egr prevents you from having to lower compression and retard timing, so yes i would say that an egr allows you to have better performance and better economy. also, im willing to bet that you wont notice a difference in a new cat from a straight pipe. the only time a cat is going to restrict flow is if you were an idiot and ran leaded
Old 12-01-2005, 02:39 PM #31
lilman
rawr.

lilman is a Supporting Member
Very nice car. I'm liking what you have done with it so far.
Lilman and Zero: Shutting down BS-fountain posters across the digital nation. "
Want to know the secret to getting laid? Click here!
Old 12-01-2005, 06:09 PM #32
F1VENOM

Azzkicka: Why would EGR removal make you have to lower CR and retard timing? If you're talking about combustion temps being raised and causing detonation, the EGR cuts out at WOT. Meaning when you're putting the engine under max load, the EGR is not operating, so it's not helping out at all. Without EGR your car won't detonate.

I'll bet money with any car worth a crap you'd notice. Hell Evo's can gain 30+whp by opening the exhaust system.

You guys amaze me with the **** you believe.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 12-01-2005, 06:27 PM #33
TapeTheJunkie!
:xxx:

hey, if u need parts for that. IM me, i no a go that opened a shop in VA and hes mainly a 240sx shop
Old 12-01-2005, 07:14 PM #34
mik3punk (Banned)

why does everyone on here critisize the SR20DET...its built like a rock and has much more aftermarket support than the others
Old 12-01-2005, 07:23 PM #35
F1VENOM

Yeah, so many people here hate the SR20. Let me guess, you own a B18?

Some people just want to be different, and the CA18 is built like a rock.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:08 PM #36
Azzkicka (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM
Azzkicka: Why would EGR removal make you have to lower CR and retard timing? If you're talking about combustion temps being raised and causing detonation, the EGR cuts out at WOT. Meaning when you're putting the engine under max load, the EGR is not operating, so it's not helping out at all. Without EGR your car won't detonate.

I'll bet money with any car worth a crap you'd notice. Hell Evo's can gain 30+whp by opening the exhaust system.

You guys amaze me with the **** you believe.
i know that egr cuts out at wot, but when its not, it can improve economy.
and i realize that any car "worth a crap" can benefit without a cc, but i guarentee that 99% of the people that cut them out dont realize how they work or how thier exhaust system works
Old 12-23-2005, 12:16 AM #37
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

How's your project coming along, Puma King? I just picked up a great manual '95 240, and am looking for some inspiration.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:43 AM #38
The Puma King

Sorry everyone for the Late reply school, work, and car have occupied my time. Azzkicka its called Tuning, with tuning you can pretty much release a bit of power because you can control a lot of the engines characteristics. Its one thing to remove emissions crap and not adjust the ecu for it because the motor is gonna run like as because the ecu is trying to get readings from something that isnt their. Also you gain power and mileage because you can control a lot of parameters of the motor for example you can have your motor run a certain way at a certain temp etc etc.

Inflicted turbo your KA if its in good shape, you dont need something crazy a T28 would be suffice or possibly the S14 Kouki Conversion or S15 Strawberry face conversion. I saw a really nice Kouki S14 the other day with Silvia badges.

Mik3punk - everyone criticizes the SR20 because the motor is a piece of crap, over priced, and was designed horribly. Lots of Issues in the head design and tends to have problems in the higher rpms cause some of the valves to stay open. SR20 usually go for $1800-$4500 depending on year and version such as $4500 for a S15 SR20 Black top. A CA18DET usually go fo $700-$1100 and some people throw sr20 turbos and produce the same power, even though the CA is a Iron block it also has the benefit of being the lightest motor of the 3 4cyl KA24DE with Tranny being the heaviest at 520lbs, SR20DET with tranny at 420lbs, and CA18DET with tranny at 380lbs.

Azzkicka btw my motor doesnt come with a EGR.

The Inflicted - My project is coming out nicely, we decided to paint the car using spray paint and preping materials and I must say its coming out amazing especially for a spray paint job, I'm repairing a bit of the dings and dents. My CA will be going in soon because my KA24E died before thanksgiving due to a blown headgasket and busted oil pump. soo in about 2-4 weeks we should be set with new motor, standalone, custom exhaust and intercooler piping.

F1 Venom Here are pics of the CA befores and after.

Old 12-26-2005, 02:48 AM #39
tzustrategy
Decommissioned

tzustrategy is a Supporting Member
SR20DET for classic JDM'ness.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:54 AM #40
F1VENOM

CA18 for actual JDMness.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:58 AM #41
greenmile

I like the S13 front.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:48 AM #42
SnuzzyBear (Banned)
Cold-♥ed

Good job on the s15 front end.

Looks like a nice, clean project car.