Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-25-2005, 10:19 PM #1
moochems
Super Constipated

has been a member for 10 years
I have hardcore tibular tendonitis.

Basically the tendon that goes from my quad.s to my tibula is 3 too large in my right knee. I got it checked out the other day, after delaying it for way toooo long. The doctor said surgery isn't needed (score!) but that a few months of rest is definetlly needed.

The doc said he's seen some patients require up to a year and a half of rest to heal, and other 3 months. I'm trying my hardest to be one of those three months kind of guys.

He perscribed 800mg Ibuprofen (4 times otc dose) for the anti-inflamatory effects. I have glucosamine and chrondroiton, and a gym membership.

Has anyone else had this before? How long did it take for you to recover? How much did you baby it? After recovered how were you 100% healthy on that knee, or was it always a little weaker?
Advertisement
Old 11-25-2005, 11:03 PM #2
youm0nt

are yuo a runner?
LIK member #5
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-
O RLY? gtfo now
Old 11-26-2005, 07:49 PM #3
moochems
Super Constipated

No, I play paintball

During the summer I was training very hard for paintball, playing 2 times a week, and sprint training 3 days....then the second month played almost 5 times a week, and ran almost 5 times a week. My knee started hurting then, so I said f' this and started to just lift weights. Got into the bodybuilding thing a little bit (added a ton of muscle in 3 or 4 months of it) and then started playign p-ball a little bit recently. No sprint training, but playing hard on the weekends. That takes me up to today, where I'll probably start the bodybuilding thing again (hello 18 eggs a day ).