PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-23-2005, 06:02 PM #1
Boss_302

Tx

hey guys new to the forums and have a question.

My Tx seems to be shooting to slow i have turned the velocity up alittle and to help i have but a little nut in back of the gun where the spring is to make it a little stronger. and it drops off like a Bith and curves like one to when my friend has the same gun doesnt have this problem.

Should i get a new barrel? if so is the J&J full tilt any good for our guns and how about a spring kit which one?

Ps: im running on C02 that is anti siphoned
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-25-2005, 12:21 PM #2
Boss_302

Wow no help and 21 views
Old 11-25-2005, 12:27 PM #3
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Opteron-O3 is a Supporting Member
Opteron-O3 posts videos on PbNation
Opteron-O3 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
What is your current pressure running at?
Old 11-25-2005, 03:12 PM #4
Boss_302

right around 500 to 800
Old 11-25-2005, 03:30 PM #5
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

omg, you need to lower it to 400-450 MAX
you might be using crap paint too, thats why you getting curves. The stock barrel is very good so it shouldnt be the barrel. but first off lower the pressure to ~425psi and that should get rid of the curves. since your pressure is so high that's probably another reason why you have curves.

more pressure = higher velocity
higher velocity = curves
Old 11-25-2005, 03:34 PM #6
Boss_302

ok now that explains the curves what about the lack of FPS?
Old 11-25-2005, 03:39 PM #7
Boss_302

my friend that has the same gun was running his pressure that high and his balls didnt curve or drop. I have been thinking of going HPA but it coast $9 to fill a tank up here and was wondering how this tank would do on our gun http://www.anythingxtreme.com/88ci45...9215C1393.aspx

Last edited by Boss_302 : 11-25-2005 at 03:43 PM.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:16 PM #8
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

That tank would work just fine.
Now for the lack of FPS, you need to get a 32 degrees 9 piece spring kit and put a hard valve and a light main onto your gun that way your fps will increase and you will possibly need to lower your pressure.

Spring kits are used to fine tune your velocity of your gun.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:05 PM #9
Boss_302

Thanks for the help
Old 11-25-2005, 10:12 PM #10
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

No Problem bro, let me know if you need anymore help.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:29 PM #11
half-step

half-step is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
A hard valve and a light main will lower your fps. Basically both those springs will lower the dwell on the valve. . . the striker will hit the valve softer with that main spring and the valve will open harder with that valve spring.

Grey TES * CP Reg * Bullet Drop w/On-Off * Bandit Bolt * 50g Switch * 3 Point Stock Trigger Mod * Rocket Valve * Clamp Feedneck * JAVA Recharge Mod

Dragun Mods*Manuals
My Feedback
Old 11-26-2005, 12:52 AM #12
Boss_302

so what springs where lol you lost me. So should i do a soft valve and a hard striker? or both the springs hard ?
Old 11-26-2005, 04:22 AM #13
half-step

Make sure the marker is clean and lubed. Then try one spring at a time. Try a harder main spring and see what your velocity is. What is your fps at this time? You need to do this at a chrono. A harder main spring can also make it a little more difficult to recock.

If your velocity is still not high enough, then try the softer valve spring. It is a step by step process.

Grey TES * CP Reg * Bullet Drop w/On-Off * Bandit Bolt * 50g Switch * 3 Point Stock Trigger Mod * Rocket Valve * Clamp Feedneck * JAVA Recharge Mod

Dragun Mods*Manuals
My Feedback
Old 11-26-2005, 11:19 AM #14
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by half-step
A hard valve and a light main will lower your fps. Basically both those springs will lower the dwell on the valve. . . the striker will hit the valve softer with that main spring and the valve will open harder with that valve spring.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:55 AM #15
Boss_302

Quote:
Originally Posted by half-step
Make sure the marker is clean and lubed. Then try one spring at a time. Try a harder main spring and see what your velocity is. What is your fps at this time? You need to do this at a chrono. A harder main spring can also make it a little more difficult to recock.

If your velocity is still not high enough, then try the softer valve spring. It is a step by step process.
dono for sure what my fps is but i know for sure it was to damn slow compared to the other guns at the field (just out in the woods ). and they have had their chronoed and we compared them. The closet field around here is about 80 miles away
Old 11-26-2005, 01:44 PM #16
half-step

You need a chrono to properly tune the marker. Eye-balling it and guessing is a pretty tough way to tune . . . and very inaccurate. A chrono is only good for the time you are stepping out on the field for that game or max for that day. Many things will effect your fps and they can constantly change. Just changing brands of paint can effect your velocity. You could be comparing your marker to someone who is shooting hot. We play out on our own field and it is manditory for everyone to use our hand held chrono. They are not that expensive . . . they are for safety and also invaluable for tuning.

Your pressure and springs all work in unison. The Tx is low pressure and should be running around 300 - 400 psi. You tune with air and spring pressure.

Dragun Mods*Manuals
My Feedback
Old 11-26-2005, 01:53 PM #17
Boss_302

i have been trying to get the guys i play with to pitch in about $5 so we can buy one but no one has helped out yet lol imagine that lol