PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-23-2005, 12:50 PM #1
marcozombie

Question Parts...Names and Locations

I am still learning the ins and outs of my TX. I have taken it apart several times...each time breaking it down even more than the last. I know where things go (for the most part) but I do not know for what certain things are. This must sound like a very elementary thing for me not to know (I have owned my TX for almost a year) and it is...what kind of person does not know the names of the parts in his marker! Well I am that person...My manual is in a language that i cannot understand...i just follow the diagram in the dumb thing. Here are a couple of things i's still having trouble with...

1. Springs...so far i know of two...the one in the rear by the bolt the one in the front by the grip (inside)

2. Shim(s)...the rod that fits into the rear spring?

3. Sear....where / what is that?

I know this is a very noob thing for me to have to post (be kind)...the only thing i can say is that this is my first marker (my "learner" if you will) so i am trying to learn the in's and outs before i make any serious mods or move on to a more serious marker....tell me what you think!

Last edited by marcozombie : 11-23-2005 at 12:54 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-23-2005, 01:35 PM #2
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Opteron-O3 is a Supporting Member
Opteron-O3 posts videos on PbNation
Opteron-O3 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
The sear is inside your trigger frame, the sear is used to catch the hammer/striker inside your gun and when you shoot the sear released the striker and causes the bolt to hit the ball.

The shim, is really to keep the spring straight so that when the striker is going back and forth, it will stay straight and not move around. On Spyders the shim is used to adjust velocity by adjusting it on the thumb adjuster. But torids velocity is adjusted by the amount of air/pressure going in your gun. you would need to adjust the regulator to match the velocity necessary.

The springs, the spring behind the stirker (under the bolt) is called the Main Spring, it is used to aid the striker move back and forth and the front spring (infront of valve) is called the valve spring used to move the valve back and forth.

When ever the striker strikes the valve the valve moves forward. When the valve is moved far enough forward the air is moved from the Regulator into the valve and the out at the end of the bolt hitting the paintball. Then the spring pushed the valve back to its original state and starts over again.

My wording might be a little off, but somebody might answer it a little better than I did.
Hope this helps!
Old 11-25-2005, 10:31 PM #3
half-step

half-step is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
http://www.ottersccustoms.com/works.html

It is mechanical, but you get the overall operation of a blowback.

Grey TES * CP Reg * Bullet Drop w/On-Off * Bandit Bolt * 50g Switch * 3 Point Stock Trigger Mod * Rocket Valve * Clamp Feedneck * JAVA Recharge Mod

Dragun Mods*Manuals
My Feedback