therealmr
\\\\\ i go on walks /////

therealmr is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
therealmr is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Tippmann C3 FAQ, review, and etc

My Preview:

RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE TARGET AS
Video of me and my really quick observations right after I took it out of the box.

MY Review:

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: When I first got the gun in the mail, my first impressions were pretty good. I was amused at the packaging of the gun, which presented itself in a Kingman-like box (that is - gun can be seen and is covered with plastic). I'm used to the normal Tippmann box, and it was a small surprise. I opened it up and took it out. It was pretty heavy. It's a solid 3.5 pounds without a tank, and the weight is oddly distributed. Because of the way that the gun functions, most of the weight is a little in front of the trigger frame. This, though, is less noticiable when using two hands to hold the marker (pump and handle). The barrel is a composite one, which was a good idea given the weight of the marker.

CHRONO RANGE : A couple days I got the gun I went up to my closest outdoor field (Splat Attack Rec) with a pod of 3 week old midevil, a tank of propane, and my mask...... safety first people. Sparing any emotional story about how everybody got to fire it, and the entire group of players there formed a jaw-dropping circle around the gun... the impressions after getting a space to fire it = great. I wasn't sure what to expect in terms of accuracy or consistency, but after I got out there I was amazed. I had a feeling that the stock barrel was going to be a higher quality one just because there is no replacing it... but the midevil I was shooting must have been a perfect fit... because this thing shot darts every time. There were the occasional completely-off-course shots, but they were few and far in between. A guy at the field let me have a hopper of his premium, so I tested it with that as well. I guess the barrel can take a beating because it shot that pretty well too. For the 3 week old midevil used, I got an average of +/- 10fps, and for the premium I got +/- 13fps (don't worry, I did all the work and everything to find it out). The only problem I saw at the chrono range was the fact that some kids weren't pumping the handle hard enough, introducing a smaller amount of propane into the gun than necessary to fire a full-velocity shot.

GAME TIME : I went over to Splat Attack outdoor to test the gun, and that is exactly where I wanted to go to play with it the first time, as well. Unfortunately... when we got there we soon realized that there was nobody else there. So instead of playing at the outdoor, we played at the indoor. Speedball. It was pretty intense. I was having some problems with the gun misfiring, and it took me awhile to actually figure out what the problem was. There is a regulator on the ASA that changes the amount of air AND propane let into the marker. Only with a correct combination of the two will the gun actually fire. This wasn't made too clear in the manual, but it didn't take too long to fix. After I got that working, I went out to the field. Playing speedball with a pump is a lot harder than I expected, but the gun held up amazingly. I had to use field paint, and the fair premium shot great out of it. The barrel, once again, proved itself worthy. It's like an ug stiffi without any porting. Very accurate, very quiet (except for the pumping, which could be heard off the field) Speaking of the pumping mechanism, I really like it... except it is a very rough pull. I hope that after a case or two that it gets broken in and becomes a more fluid motion. As it is right now... it's a little tough to pump it fast, or even at a 'higher' speed. The feel of the gun during play is a little different than I expected, as well. There is no foregrip, and I noticed that when I was snapshooting and posting that it was a little uncomfortable. I would go behind a bunker, pump, and then pop out to fire. I couldn't use the pump to hold on to because that would greatly increase my profile, but there was no fore grip... so I had to ghetto-style it and hold onto the macro hose. Generally please with the performance of the marker, I'm going to take it out to it's home - the woodsball field, sometime this month. We'll see how it holds up in the court it was designed for.

GAME TIME 2: Coming later.

I want to be remembered for the
people I helped make memorable;
personal success is overrated if it
doesn't help everyone's progress.

Last edited by therealmr : 12-03-2005 at 11:55 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-22-2005, 06:05 PM #2
therealmr

therealmr is a Moderator

Last edited by therealmr : 03-12-2006 at 02:11 AM.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:57 PM #3
Brewtt
CHEERS!

YAY! Very cool!
Old 11-22-2005, 11:06 PM #4
mousek801
Blasť Polar Bear

how is it on sound?
Old 11-23-2005, 11:02 PM #5
MuGeR

Annual Supporting Member
MuGeR is a Supporting Member
MuGeR owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MuGeR has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MuGeR has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i've been told by the people i shot that they hardly heard it.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:44 PM #6
swiftshooter04 (Banned)
OT Regekts Membuh #To

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuGeR
i've been told by the people i shot that they hardly heard it.

i hear diffrently, i heard its loud as a mofo
Old 11-24-2005, 12:46 AM #7
Akira2188 (Banned)

I'll add my impressions of it later as well, considering I am going with him on saturday, and he better let me try it.
Old 11-24-2005, 03:48 PM #8
therealmr

therealmr is a Moderator
It's not that loud with paint. Without it is (of course)

Old 11-24-2005, 03:50 PM #9
techwreck

great review.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:48 PM #10
MuGeR

Annual Supporting Member
MuGeR is a Supporting Member
MuGeR owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MuGeR has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MuGeR has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealmr
It's not that loud with paint. Without it is (of course)
yes. right on the money.lol
Old 11-28-2005, 06:09 PM #11
Akira2188 (Banned)

Thumbs up My impressions

First off whe I saw the pictures of the gun, I thought it was very ugly looking, which in person it is. But when you hold it, it is very solid feeling and it is very comfortable to hold and to pump, and it is no akward at all. TRM used a smaller propane tank, about the size of a 14 oz CO2. My only criticism is that it uses and right offset feed neck like on the 98 custom, me personally I am right handed so when I post in a bunker the hopper is all hanging out, so I would rather have it be left feed, but with a 50 round hopper it isn't that bad.
Now once I started firing it, you have to pump it pretty hard, harder than most other pumps, and no matter what when you fire it will smell like propane. It is supprisingly consistent, and the barrel is awesome, it is 14 inches and is made of carbon fiber, its basically a really ugly stiffi.
When I first heard about this gun I was very skeptical, especially from the pictures and the fact that people say it shoots fire. But now after have shot it and seen it in person I have found that it is very well made like all tippmanns, and if you like pumps then this would be a great addition to your collection. But I don't love the fact that you can't change the barrel and that it smells like propane. It is ungodly quiet though, and definitly worth the money, I would buy one but I really want a shocker and I have enough tippmanns.
In conclusion it is a well made, very quiet, consistent, and accurate gun and is a great addition to the scenario and pump players.
To The Real Mr, sorry if I hijacked your thread but your review will be better
Old 11-28-2005, 08:10 PM #12
Aries-

im really happy with mine so far. ive tried other pumps before and always felt like i was going to break them pumping them (and did a couple), this you can slam the pump back and it doesent jam or anything its got a good solid feeling to it.

id be happy with a vert feed on it. the sights on it are useless lol. at 50-75 feet useing the sight on mine i hit about 3 feet to the left. (dead on aiming down the side of the barrel like i do my angel)

try shooting it as fast as you can. once you get a rythem going you can really blast some paint. sounds like the gun is gonna snap in half. but its well made.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:05 PM #13
The Executioner
FUKENGRUVEN

I don't even have one yet and I am questioning wether or not you can just use propane, MAPP gas and Oxygen and Acetylene come in the same size tank with the same threads. Just wondering the effects? Care to be dangerious?
Old 11-29-2005, 09:13 PM #14
GS-Monk

i want one of these. im a tippy fanboy!! but its this or a mech cocker so im in a bind, i need to get myself a suger mama!!
Rule #1 of War: Remember to pillage BEFORE you burnRule #2 of War: If a plan is going well, its an ambush
Old 11-29-2005, 10:08 PM #15
therealmr

therealmr is a Moderator
I played with it on Sat., and will write a full review soon... just FYI. Hopefully some videos and such soon.

Old 12-01-2005, 02:30 AM #16
kscullin
Sting with honor.

The primary question I have is: when did it become not a bad thing to use a flammable gas to power a paintball marker? Did they find a way to make it so it will never, ever leak? If so, I want that technology for my marker!

Yes, propane is traditionally very safe, but it's also traditionally not carried running through the woods. As to in the safe area, I know all those no smoking signs you see posted around propane container areas aren't there because companies had too much money in their sign budgets. People do smoke in the safe areas, often sitting at a table full of markers. Should we segregate a "no smoking" area for between-game storage of PEP markers?

I very much respect therealmr and his opinions. If he could lay these concerns to rest for me, I'd be much happier about this marker.

Without honor, there can be no glory.

If at first you don't succeed, kill all the witnesses and start over! :)

Last edited by kscullin : 12-01-2005 at 02:41 AM.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:38 AM #17
Brewtt
CHEERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscullin
The primary question I have is: when did it become not a bad thing to use a flammable gas to power a paintball marker? Did they find a way to make it so it will never, ever leak? If so, I want that technology for my marker!
Leaks aren't a big problem... you smell propane, you remove tank and fix leak. All better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscullin
Should we segregate a "no smoking" area for between-game storage of PEP markers?
Ummmm... why? I smoke right next to my propane latern and while I cook food on my propane stove while camping ALL THE TIME. Still here... not blown up. Not afraid of a propane fire then... why would I fear a marker with a propane tank on it?

Heat maybe? Ever felt a propane stove and/or lantern while burning? Those suckers get MIGHTY hot. Notice how CLOSE the flame on a propane camping stove is to the fuel tank? OPEN flame... blue HOT flame... right next to the tank! No explosion or fire fears then either. And your worried about a cig?

Fear not friend... the propane marker is arguably safer than one with a HPA or CO2 tank on it.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:39 AM #18
therealmr

therealmr is a Moderator
Seven pictures are up, 1 video - review to come later today - more vids soon

Last edited by therealmr : 12-03-2005 at 11:42 AM.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:16 PM #19
RaptorEye

Yes! You are the man! I've been lookin for a pic of where the tank goes in. I bought my C-3 this morning. Should be seein it around friday. : )
Old 12-03-2005, 03:58 PM #20
ikilledkenny
Noob forum OT OG

Annual Supporting Member
ikilledkenny is a Supporting Member
ikilledkenny donated to help Peyton Trent
ikilledkenny has achieved Level 7 in PbNation Pursuit
ikilledkenny is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
ikilledkenny is Legendary
ikilledkenny is Boss
ikilledkenny is Immortal
where do you buy propane tanks?
Old 12-03-2005, 04:25 PM #21
Brewtt
CHEERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikilledkenny
where do you buy propane tanks?

Grocery store, sporting goods store, hardware store, Walmart, K-mart, and thousands of other easy to find places.