Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-21-2005, 10:48 AM #1
NECanes Coach
Turnin Kids 2 ballers

NECanes Coach is a Supporting Member
NECanes Coach is a Professional paintball player
Coaches Corner: The Off Season

The season may be over, but your quest to be the best player you can be canít skip a beat. It is now that the really dedicated players step up, and leave the pretenders in the dust.

The first thing you have to do is have a plan. Determine now if there are any events you want to play in between now, and the start of your local season. (Here in New England, we have to deal with winter putting everything on hold.) Where are you going to practice? Donít forget the holidays. How will they effect your plans?

Once you have your plan, it is time to tune up your game. How do you do this? You do this by thinking back on the past season, and picking out those areas of your game you want to improve. Can you remember the game where you moved up to the dorito, because you saw someone go to the carwash? You posted on the lane, waiting for him to peek out only to get ďgoggedĒ by a sick one ball snap shot. What can you improve there? Maybe you should have bunkered him out with an aggressive move. Maybe you should have been quick enough to get him before he blasted you in your face. The point is you can find a few areas to work on from just one situation.

Get a box of Reballs. It wonít take long for you to realize the huge savings with this product. Set up a catch system of some sort, so they donít get dirty, and blaze away. Use these for snap shooting, and accuracy drills. If you can, set up a run and shooting target, and work on that area of your game. Be sure to clean then as they pick up dirt, and grime, so you donít damage your equipment. This is an excellent product, and the cost savings are well worth looking to them. In case you are wondering, no, we are not sponsored by them, but we are open to talking!

There is not one paintball player out there, who canít get better. Unless you are shooting 7 balls per game, and getting 7 kills, you are never done working on your game. I have said it before, but remember that you donít need anyone else to improve your skills. All you need is the time and desire to get better. If you have a friend who is as into it as you, take turns playing coach, and point out things to your buddy to help him correct bad habits.

Like that chicken wingÖTuck it in!
Hurricane Facebook Fan Site
Old 11-21-2005, 07:09 PM #2
Shockedimpy
SuperSteve

Honest to God I think you have the best threads on the nation when it comes to improving ones game, and the teams. I just wished I knew more about certain drills (like what you actually have to do), so I can run them with my team. I myself am no God in paintball, and I am willing to work my *** off to get better, and my team feels the same way. As a co captain I just wish I knew better procedures in order to fulfull my wishes on improving certain techniques while in the game IE: snap shooting, running and gunning, off break shooting, laneing....

People say practice it..But HOW?!? Thats why I wish there was more coaching at local fields, I wish someone would scheduale something so a team would come down and get critued by a coach like yourself or someone of a higher rank in paintball.

Now I have no excuses to not practice, drill and scrimmage, and I am not trying to make any up. I have money, I work at a local field in Massachusetts, and have an extremely stable team. I just need that extra help on what to actual drill and how to do it.

Know what I mean?

Thanks, and keep up these awesome threads.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:26 PM #3
ctpaintballa42

has been a member for 10 years
Ahmen to that. Im trying to get a hard schedule for drills and power sessions of play for my team to improve on.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:35 AM #4
Takedown

Takedown is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Takedown is a Professional paintball player
Takedown is attending Decay of Nations VI
A suggestion to the guys in the "stormy" states, get in the gym on the days you cannot play. If it's 10 below and the ground is covered in snow on a Saturday/Sunday, don't head to the mall or the movies, get in the gym and workout. Work on sprinting, conditioning, weight training, etc. I know this is going to be one of my primary goals during the winter.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:47 AM #5
NECanes Coach
Turnin Kids 2 ballers

NECanes Coach is a Supporting Member
NECanes Coach is a Professional paintball player
Great suggestion. You guys should pay attention.
Hurricane Facebook Fan Site
Old 12-07-2005, 09:53 AM #6
Brickhouse

Brickhouse is a Supporting Member
If you need drills to do with your team Id honestly suggest the dynasty dysected movie or check out russian legions website . your find some good drills that will help ur technical skills. I know when we started doing drills as a team on saturdays last winter we just copied all the **** they did. It deff helps

Rob of da Hurras