Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-22-2013, 12:10 AM #169
reddhead4life
reddhead4life

Okay so here's my question, im buying a luxe from the states valued at 1300, itd be insured and hopefully shipped by air. How should I mark it? Gift or sport equipment? And because im insuring for 1300 I'll have to declare the value as 1300 right? I just hate spending paypal fees and insurance money and even duty fees just to have to pay the post office more so I can actually have my gun. Plz someone help me out
BN blue/blk dynasty nxt/blue dura on it's way!!
1 of 1 custom pooty nxt shocker
reddhead4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-22-2013, 12:53 AM #170
Psycho D
Say Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddhead4life View Post
Okay so here's my question, im buying a luxe from the states valued at 1300, itd be insured and hopefully shipped by air. How should I mark it? Gift or sport equipment? And because im insuring for 1300 I'll have to declare the value as 1300 right? I just hate spending paypal fees and insurance money and even duty fees just to have to pay the post office more so I can actually have my gun. Plz someone help me out
If your Luxe is not made in the U.S. then you will pay duty as well as HST on the $1300.00 purchase cost, then shipping on top of that. How much is this marker in Canada??
Psycho D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:35 AM #171
reddhead4life
reddhead4life

I believe it's made by dlx in the states it's the dust purple with 3d slime green. I've never seen one for sale in Canada. It'll cost me 1378 Canadian just for the gun plus all the fees
Old 10-22-2013, 05:04 AM #172
Nahib_Stilgar

Used or new? I am assuming used as you are asking if you can mark it as a gift.

If you mark it as gift, you are effectively committing mail fraud, and if for some reason the package doesn't make you could be out all of it...

Mark it as USED paintball equipment made in the USA.

Make sure it is shipped via USPS only!

Customs fees are hit and miss but be prepared to pay for one...there is no way around it if it happens.
Nahib_Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:01 PM #173
Psycho D
Say Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahib_Stilgar View Post
Used or new? I am assuming used as you are asking if you can mark it as a gift.

If you mark it as gift, you are effectively committing mail fraud, and if for some reason the package doesn't make you could be out all of it...

Mark it as USED paintball equipment made in the USA.

Make sure it is shipped via USPS only!

Customs fees are hit and miss but be prepared to pay for one...there is no way around it if it happens.

If the marker is made in the U.S then there will not be any customs fees shipping USPS. Since he lives in Ontario he will have to pay the HST on his purchase plus $5.00 to Canada Post for the delivery. That's it.
I just have one question; Is there no paintball stores in Canada that sell this marker? 1300 clams is a lot of money for a marker and I'd check around up here to see how much you could get one for, if it's available. There might not be that big of a difference in price.
Psycho D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:33 AM #174
reddhead4life
reddhead4life

Okay I'll get them to mark it as used paintball equipment and it's brand new tho it's a store display gun. Im prepared to pay the hst and hoping no customs charges, as for the stores here, I've looked and looked and I can't find a 3d luxe anywhere here brand new it always sending me to usa stores which sucks the price for a plain luxe here us the same 1500. Thanks for all the help guys, your awesome!!
Old 11-25-2013, 10:02 PM #175
eclipse hunter

Brokerage fees......$150 lmao they need to pick on the people trying to smuggle drugs not legally shipping paintball markers!!!
Old 11-26-2013, 11:18 AM #176
playing in traffic
Shop smart....shop S-Mart

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse hunter View Post
Brokerage fees......$150 lmao they need to pick on the people trying to smuggle drugs not legally shipping paintball markers!!!

Wait, what? You know there is a difference between paying duties and taxes and brokerage fees right?
playing in traffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:41 PM #177
Kanadian-Kaos
Canadian, eh?

Kanadian-Kaos owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
USPS... ship it USPS.

Okay, now imagine the seller does not listen and ships your expensive (less than $1600) paintball item via UPS. Now there are taxes, duties, and a hefty brokerage. You can circumvent the brokerage.

1. Call UPS and ask for the commercial invoice (they will email it to you, print it off) and the unique shipment ID (mine was 11 digits, it is not the tracking number, and they can just tell it to you so write it down). Call 1-800-742-5877 and press “3″ to get the right department.

2. Wait for the item to arrive in Canada. It has to be in Canada, you can't do anything before that. Watch the tracking and sign up for email updates. Do not listen to UPS saying that you need to wait for it to arrive at your door. It just needs to be in Canada. You don't need to pick it up at the port of entry either. You are accounting for your own goods, not clearing it.

3. Once the item is in Canada, head to your nearest CBSA office with the commercial invoice, photo ID, and shipment ID (and a credit card or cash). The CBSA will want proof of where the item is. They can use the shipment ID or you can print off the tracking information from online showing/proving that it is in Canada.

4. Pay your duties/taxes to the CBSA and they will give you a CBSA B-15 form that they have stamped proving that you have paid your duties/taxes (it is like a receipt).

5. Call UPS back and ask for where to send the copy of the B-15 form (email or fax it to). This will be the fax/email for the brokerage department. Be vigilant with them here, and get the email/fax.

UPS will fight you every step of the way. I had to call 7-8 times, swore at a couple of representatives who would not do as I asked (email me the shipping invoice or give me the ID number, some fed me misinformation as they had no clue what to do). When they would not give me the email/fax, I also informed them that I would be showing the driver/courier the B-15 form and that the driver better not request payment (it takes time for the form to get into their "system", not my fault, I have proof everything is paid and UPS is acting as a delivery service, not my broker). I got so pissed off the first day trying to get the email/fax that I hung up and waited until the next day to try to get it. Someone said they would call me back (which never happened).

At no time allow UPS to act as your broker. They wanted to charge me $75 in brokerage fees on top of the $95 in tax. I did it my way, paid the $95 in tax, told UPS off, and tomorrow, the driver better deliver my package properly.

EDIT1: Purolator attempted to deliver the package on behalf of UPS. UPS did not clear the COD and the driver requested payment. He had no way to communicate with UPS and would not allow me to call them on his behalf. Incompetent turds.

EDIT2: Finally spoke to someone who knew how to do their job and emailed off the b-15 form (no one prior would give me the email). They were trying to explain to me the process of how to pay my duties and taxes and for the 8th time I informed them that I had already done that and needed the email/fax to send the form to. After being on hold for 5 minutes, I finally got the email address and sent off the form. They said they would try to speed it through as the 6 agents prior were all incompetent.

EDIT3: Called them today to confirm that the COD is waived. I could schedule them to deliver it to me, but I would rather pick it up then allow them to have their grubby hands on it... and it is mine!

Last edited by Kanadian-Kaos : 11-30-2013 at 02:25 AM.
Kanadian-Kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:18 PM #178
reddhead4life
reddhead4life

What special things you gotta do with shipping a air tank across? So they dont take it.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:45 PM #179
playing in traffic
Shop smart....shop S-Mart

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddhead4life View Post
What special things you gotta do with shipping a air tank across? So they dont take it.
Don't call it an air tank on the customs invoice for starters. Use the term "used paintball equipment". Second you can remove the reg in case customs picks your package for a "random inspection". Mind you the odds of that happening are rather slim.
playing in traffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:51 PM #180
reddhead4life
reddhead4life

Okay thanks man
Old 01-16-2014, 10:40 AM #181
steveparis21

My friend to shipped in gift and i dont pay tax
steveparis21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:01 PM #182

Figure I would chime in here. If you are ordering from the states and happen to be within not a super far distance from border, get a po box in the states and you don't gotta pay ridiculous shipping fees. Another thing is that some sites state they will charge you if the package is sent to a po box but you can trick the system by just saying the po box is your home etc.
604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:40 AM #183
reddhead4life
reddhead4life

Ok so I'm buying a tank from Florida today and it's coming to ontario is there anything special buddy has to do for me like take the reg off or leave a note saying it's for compressed air?? Thx for the help
Old 05-30-2014, 02:41 AM #184
reddhead4life
reddhead4life

Nvm disregard my question forgot I asked a while ago lol