View Poll Results: Teflon or no Teflon
Teflon 10 52.63%
No Teflon 9 47.37%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-02-2002, 02:57 PM #22
dbailey2121

has been a member for 10 years
I don't think that cockermatt was bashing the price. He has a sponcership with fear factory and can get it done cheaper that way. I think that last time I looked at there site it was like 200 dollars retail for the same service. I might be wrong though. But he should have told ppl that his pricing was a team sponcership deal.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2002, 03:15 PM #23
Xycho

ff pricing

sorry fearfactorypb.com is down, moved hosting and it was suppose to be seamless, but turned out not so. the site will be back up in a day or two with a new site following soon after.

here is the prices and contact info from the site

Fear Anodizing: Full Marker (Up to 9 parts):
Disassembly, stripping, polishing, and reassembling
One Color ====================================$150.00
Two Colors ===================================$200.00

Disassembled Marker (Up to 9 parts):
One color ====================================$110.00
Two colors ===================================$160.00

Body only
One color =====================================$75.00
Two colors ===================================$100.00

Fear Factory Paintball
4088 Weathers St N.E.
Salem, OR 97301

Email: sandbak@msn.com
Phone: (503)-391-1923
Contact me when you want a KICK *** site!
www.racreative.com
Will work for products :)
Party from the BAY to LA!
www.upcrew.com
Old 09-02-2002, 03:41 PM #24
dbailey2121

So our pricing is about the same then. I can disassemble your gun too. would be the exact same price for that mabey less if it was something simple like a spyder. Plus I will do what ever you send this does not mean that you can send me 3 bodies and 3 frames ect and get single gun price but you can send 3 barrels if you have them or what ever.
Old 09-02-2002, 04:09 PM #25
shinnycocker

dbailey2121

sent you a PM
Old 09-02-2002, 09:17 PM #26
Matt H

Annual Supporting Member
Matt H is a Supporting Member
Matt H is a founding member
Matt H is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
I was definatly not bashing just give you some ball parks and yes I should have said it was sponcership......Did you anno those Rudy cockers or is it just something you will be doing.
Old 09-02-2002, 11:08 PM #27
dbailey2121

that is my work
Old 09-02-2002, 11:12 PM #28
Matt H

Annual Supporting Member
Matt H is a Supporting Member
Matt H is a founding member
Matt H is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Looks pretty snazzy. Nice work. Would you do the teflon only for a certain price...say you already had exotic anno you really like already can you just do the teflon over it or is it kinda mixed with the anno?
Old 09-02-2002, 11:34 PM #29
SoCalKiller
oneeightseven

so wait, i'm confused... dbailey, what do you mean by your reply:
Quote:
that is my work
do you mean that you annoed the rudy cockers??
Old 09-02-2002, 11:56 PM #30
dbailey2121

the teflon is a sealer that you use after you dye the gun so you would have to reano the gun to get the teflon coating. It closes the pores of the aluminum oxide. So you would have to reopen the pores by reanoing them
Old 09-03-2002, 06:55 PM #31
step

teflon what

is this the same teflon made by dupont or is it just a wannabe type thing - i have done research on the dupont stuff and your not goning to get it into the barrels. the teflon I have worked with requires you to "rough-up" the material and then spray it on. i figure you are talking about just a sealer or something. my company has looked at teflon coated parts, it is not something you want in an abrasive area - like the internals of a paintball gun. now a teflon impregnated ceramic will do. if you really want your head gears turning look into teflon impregnated nylon and cotton blend material for uniforms - no more quarter size marks.

i not trying to start anything i am just wanting to know what this teflon is.
Old 09-03-2002, 07:10 PM #32
dbailey2121

In anodizing you are roughing up a surfice. What you are doing is creating a pore structure in the metal that alowes dyes and other things to be soaked in to the pores. I don't know who the sealer comes from but I can find out. Like I said I got anly a small sample of the Teflon Sealer. It does reduce the friction against the bolt. I don't know how long that it will last. I also tried to remove it with a diluited soulution of nitric acid I would guess 20 molars or so. And it with stood that very well. Also we tested shooting the body at different angles with a paintball and at anything much less then 45 degrees there was not much paint left on the gun. No more then would be called splatter. I will call the supplier and see if it is true Dupont and let you all know.
Old 09-04-2002, 01:01 AM #33
J@Y

id pay 100 bucks if i could get my excal completly striped down and anodized.
Old 09-04-2002, 02:31 AM #34
ballah1

hey dbailey i think your prices and turn around are great, i would get my guns and parts teflon coated.
Old 09-04-2002, 02:36 AM #35
milf350

DB, what colors do you have ... I'll probably end up sending my gun to you and get the teflon too.

2K2 Vert. Feed Cocker
WGP Hinge, Kapp Fat Ram, MicroRock LPR, Dye P.M.P. 3way, Superfly Bolt, FreeFlow S.S. Hammer, AKA Tornado Valve, SP Max-Flo Vert. Reg
Old 09-04-2002, 09:30 AM #36
dbailey2121

Well Right now I have BLue, Red, Yellow, 2 shades of grey light and dark, I have some Platinum and pewter on the way. I can get or make pretty much any color that you want. I will be taking guns for ano in about 2 weeks so if you are interested let me know
Old 09-04-2002, 02:15 PM #37
ballah1

have any gold in there, like the freeflows? i have a question on pricing, i wanted some pieces to be annod gold ( body, feed tube, graip frame etc.) and some to be annod black ( reg, barrel, drop etc.) how is that charged? as a solid color anno or as a two tone?

Last edited by ballah1 : 09-04-2002 at 02:17 PM.
Old 09-04-2002, 03:52 PM #38
dbailey2121

If you post a picture of the color that you want I can match it. I think that you are talking about yellow maybe? You know that I had not thought about the 2 tone thing. I would most likely charge maybe and extra 10 bucks cause i would have to rack them sperately.
Old 09-23-2002, 06:55 AM #39
joefart
Team Mavericks

dbailey2121:

You still taking new projects? I have a cocker that will need a nice anodize. Also, I wanted to know if you could do a fade from top to the bottom instead of the tip to the back. Can this be done? I want the top of the gun to be blue and have it fade to black by the bottom of the body.

Have you finalized your costs for the different anodizes?
Old 09-23-2002, 08:34 AM #40
UnknownAssassin
POOPy

UnknownAssassin is a Supporting Member
can you do Champaigne Annodizing??? There is a pic of the color at cammetalworks.com

Rock The World.

My Feedback
Old 09-23-2002, 01:05 PM #41
Eyecare

Eyecare is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by J@Y
id pay 100 bucks if i could get my excal completly striped down and anodized.
I thought you had to buy an unanodized Excal; tolerances are supposed to be too tight to guarantee good performance if you reanodize the AKA electros.

This teflon concept is certainly intriguing as there's potential for getting a little advantage over your opponents which many paintball players seem to strive for. It's also interesting how effective this coating appears to be but more detailed evaluations would be helpful before some of us are convinced to spend the extra bucks to reanodize otherwise perfectly good guns. It's too bad this stuff can't be coated over existing ano but I suppose the pores are too small by the time the ano process is complete. The best candidates for adding a slide enhancing coating would be barrels, hoppers and perhaps goggles (yes, I know you can't anodize plastic) as they seem to be hit the most in my experience. The milling on many guns would appear to obviate the utility of this coating for the body but if it enhances durability (scratch resistance) then it may be worthwhile. The idea that it reduces friction within the gun is also worth investigating, especially for certain guns with bolt-stick problems but also in others where improved efficiency is important. The durability of this process would be also important to assess before stating that it will reduce bolt friction by 100% (which seem on the surface to be an overstatement).
If that's your work on the Warpig post that's very nice, btw. Keep us posted on your work.

Pics of my guns

Doc's SP Patent FAQ and related article
Old 09-26-2002, 12:18 AM #42
N8DAWG

anno info

dbaily..

Hey nice work! I am having a cocker body cut right now, and I want to have it annodized. Your work looks really nice. Contact me and let me know what I have to do to get it colored.

Nate. dsrtracer@aol.cm