Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-02-2001, 08:43 PM #1
RGertner1
7th Kyu

has been a member for 10 years
My New Model 98 Custom

Well, I finally broke down and did it. My New M98 Came in the mail today. This is what I got:

Black Model 98 custom
Flatline Barrel Kit
Tippmann X-Chamber Combo
20oz CO2

I wanted to purchase the Double Tigger and RT at the same time, but I wanted to hear more feedback on these items. So far I have read mixed reviews with the RT. Problems with shoot down, now enough presure to shoot towards the end of the tank, stuff like that.

Will the X-Chamber help with the shoot down problem, or if you what the RT, that's just something you will have to live with.

Thanks,
Ray
3. The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

Read all about it here: Real Ultimate Power
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2001, 05:27 PM #2
Mittenz_The_Kittenz
Mac User For Life

I would get the 2x trigger, it made all the difference in the world in my m98. As far as the RT kit I have never used it so i can't help you with that. Definality go for the 2x trigger, it helps alot.
Old 08-04-2001, 03:47 PM #3
Dyoel182
Steel Tank Fan

You can't go wrong with the double trigger on the 98. It makes the great pull even better and shorter.

The RT is also a great upgrade if you have a need for the extra firepower. I don't really, but it's fun to intimidate Shocker and Angel owners sometimes. Then again sometimes you want them on your rec team too. I haven't experienced the shootdown that some people whine about, but I also have the LP kit which most of them don't. I've heard the shootdown usually seems to go away once the trigger is properly adjusted and not trying to run away.
2000 Tropic Green CSVT #836/2150
XBL: RapDonkey
Style: Basic Math
Old 08-04-2001, 05:10 PM #4
FSU Paintball
quotedfortruth.com

FSU Paintball is a Supporting Member
You're using CO2, so you will get some shootdown when you fire really fast, and you might get a "bouncing" effect when your tank is more than half empty. I suggest getting nitro before getting an RT trigger.

The double trigger is a great upgrade. Get it.

Personally, I wouldn't have gotten the Flatline. I would have gotten a normal barrel like the Dye XCel, or a Smart Parts All-American, or a CP barrel, or a Lapco BigShot.
www.parts4paintball.com
Support Luke Mansberger & Strange
Old 08-04-2001, 06:36 PM #5
gatorchris
BS unnecessary

How do you figure a double trigger makes the pull shorter? It pivots on a point, and extending the length beyond that point just makes the pull longer, your bottom finger has to travel almost double what the top does. Its all preference, you may like it, you may not. I had a single trigger on my 98, didnt like anything else. I got a timmy recently, has a double trigger and I only use one finger on it, just they way I like to shoot. Try out a double trigger gun and see if you are comfy with it, only way youre going to be happy.
Old 08-04-2001, 08:08 PM #6
VooDoo_Weazel
J Cro the mook

VooDoo_Weazel is a founding member
VooDoo_Weazel plays in the PSP
VooDoo_Weazel plays in the APPA D2 division
the double trigger just gives you more leverage when pulling, it has nothing to do with making the trigger lighter or shorter.
TMG OUTLAWS
Old 08-05-2001, 12:50 AM #7
Dyoel182
Steel Tank Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by gatorchris
How do you figure a double trigger makes the pull shorter? It pivots on a point, and extending the length beyond that point just makes the pull longer,
If you've seen the PB Custom triggers, they have two bumps on the back that you're supposed to take off before use in the gun. What I and many others have done is either leave them there or just sand them down a little until it works fine. And there you have the secret, 2 little pieces of plastic jutting out of the back of the trigger.
2000 Tropic Green CSVT #836/2150
XBL: RapDonkey
Style: Basic Math
Old 08-05-2001, 08:44 AM #8
RGertner1
7th Kyu

Quote:
Originally posted by FSU Paintball
Personally, I wouldn't have gotten the Flatline. I would have gotten a normal barrel like the Dye XCel, or a Smart Parts All-American, or a CP barrel, or a Lapco BigShot.
Why wouldn't you have gotten the Flatline? I let off 1/2 a case of Blaze through it yesterday, and it was great! That barrel shoots realy far, and very acurate! And I didn't break a single ball.

The whole reason I purchased the M98 was to take advantage of the Flatline Barrel.

Old 08-05-2001, 08:51 AM #9
gatorchris
BS unnecessary

Ah, Im an old school 98er, dont have a custom I didnt realize that the custom doubles had that ability. I think the best mod to date on shortening the pull would probably be the set screw mod.
Old 08-05-2001, 11:10 AM #10
Crisfofusu
"Crackhead"

2X trigger is amazing... my favorite upgrade on the 98...

UNTIL I got the RT... nice!

I highly recommed the RT kit... makes a world of difference to your ROF... easy to install and easy to find the "sweet spot"... you just have to get 'used' to it in a game... the first few games I played with my RT for the first time I kept doin the trigger pull-thing instead of squeezing just enough to get the 'bounce' from the RT... so its a case of getting comfortable with it but once you do it makes your 98 as much a paint spitter as any high-end marker...

running CO2 and the RT is a lil bit frustrating cause you do get shoot-down and you will start sucking liquid in your gun... nitro alleviates this problem really well... I would also suggest the LP kit if you have the money... there is a siginificant reduction in kick-back and the gun does become a bit lighter and, finally, the 98 becomes very gas efficient with the LP kit (provided you also have a good paint to barrel match)

my two cents

It's not what you shoot, it's what you hit.

CountyPaintball - PaintballKingdom - G3PB
Old 08-12-2001, 10:14 AM #11
RGertner1
7th Kyu

Thumbs up Adjustable Car Stock

I have also added the Adjustable Car Stock to my Tippmann now, and is this the greatest upgrade or what? I love this stock! I makes you keep the gun at 90 which is perfect for anyone with a flatline barrel! An because I have no plans for a Rear Cocking or LP Kit, the fact that is removes that ability to upgrade doesn't bother me.

Thanks,