PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-18-2005, 06:20 PM #43
TNTNY2FLA

has been a member for 10 years
journeyman -Very well put my man.....Boys, be in it to win it....Winning isn't all about prizes it's about respect, pride and exposure! Shawn has done great work in bringing what we wanted most...COVERAGE!!!! I remember MANY of you saying in his thread for suggestions that you would be willing to give up many things including prizes, more money, manhood,ect for good coverage! TV is AMAZING COVERAGE!!!!!! Wake up, he is working extremely hard to make a local tourny become a big thing.....do you think he has millions of dollars at his disposal....do you think he has huge sponsors throwing prizes and money at him in turn for being promoted at the event? Hell no....this IS A LOCAL tourny to see some competition, have fun, and get your name out there.....if you don't like it then don't complain just play somewhere else. Better yet start your own league, see how easy it is then! It just bothers me to see so much neativiy in this sport and it's getting worse.....we are the future of paintball and it all starts here....at a local level, where we become the future stars of kids and adults in the future!

Shawn I know some of my teammates and guest players were a bit upset and hot headed...after all we are paintball players ;D but on behalf of Cynical we appreciate what you do and as you know from our support in many other threads previous to this one we come back and enjoy GPL time and time again...whether Ions are up for grabs, Aurora Nexus cockers, playin in the pitch black arguing when the ref that we couldn't see called the game, or just chillin there the day before the tourny....we appreciate your work, dedication, and compassion for the game.

Ryan
Cynical Trip
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-18-2005, 07:25 PM #44
WalNutZ III (Banned)
Muahahahaha

WalNutZ III is a Supporting Member
I <3 this kid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTNY2FLA
journeyman -Very well put my man.....Boys, be in it to win it....Winning isn't all about prizes it's about respect, pride and exposure! Shawn has done great work in bringing what we wanted most...COVERAGE!!!! I remember MANY of you saying in his thread for suggestions that you would be willing to give up many things including prizes, more money, manhood,ect for good coverage! TV is AMAZING COVERAGE!!!!!! Wake up, he is working extremely hard to make a local tourny become a big thing.....do you think he has millions of dollars at his disposal....do you think he has huge sponsors throwing prizes and money at him in turn for being promoted at the event? Hell no....this IS A LOCAL tourny to see some competition, have fun, and get your name out there.....if you don't like it then don't complain just play somewhere else. Better yet start your own league, see how easy it is then! It just bothers me to see so much neativiy in this sport and it's getting worse.....we are the future of paintball and it all starts here....at a local level, where we become the future stars of kids and adults in the future!

Shawn I know some of my teammates and guest players were a bit upset and hot headed...after all we are paintball players ;D but on behalf of Cynical we appreciate what you do and as you know from our support in many other threads previous to this one we come back and enjoy GPL time and time again...whether Ions are up for grabs, Aurora Nexus cockers, playin in the pitch black arguing when the ref that we couldn't see called the game, or just chillin there the day before the tourny....we appreciate your work, dedication, and compassion for the game.

Ryan
Cynical Trip
respect, pride and exposure - i lovetoplay

i <3 this kid
Old 11-18-2005, 08:56 PM #45
kid killa 2005

wouldnt complain at all if the d2 prizes didnt go from 1000$ guns to 300$ guns over the course of 2 events.. what could possibly be the excuse for this ...
Old 11-19-2005, 10:06 AM #46
DKepp1087/anti-agg (Banned)
Banned

i love how nme kid deleted his posts cause he knows he is a d bag
Old 11-19-2005, 10:30 AM #47
CrossOutTheEyes
get up in her guts.

He deleted his posts because what was said was not in the right context, and for the better of the people he is playing with, he deleted his posts to cause less problems, but thanks for your concern.

If you care so much that hes a douche bag or whatever, go find him at gpl, and take it up with him face to face, cause we know you are into the whole **** talking thing, but go find his *** at gpl and see if you still want to scrap.

Feedback.
AtlasPaintball.
Nor*Jers

Nj HxC
Old 11-20-2005, 08:31 AM #48
BigBlackZach
Pballer for life

I just have a qustned im trying to be negitve but
"shawn
For example: this event we have the TV crew coming, that cost money. We have an Action Pursuit Games reporter coming both days, that cost money, we have other magazine reporters coming on Sunday, that cost money."

y are u palying i thalt the TV and APG wanted to come out so y are u paying im just wonring thats all
People for the Eating of Tasty Animals
Wawa Fan Club #14
Old 11-20-2005, 04:02 PM #49
ubduxxion
RIP Alex Myers

ubduxxion plays in the PSP
ubduxxion owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ubduxxion owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ubduxxion is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlackZach
I just have a qustned im trying to be negitve but
"shawn
For example: this event we have the TV crew coming, that cost money. We have an Action Pursuit Games reporter coming both days, that cost money, we have other magazine reporters coming on Sunday, that cost money."

y are u palying i thalt the TV and APG wanted to come out so y are u paying im just wonring thats all
speak english?
Old 11-21-2005, 07:39 AM #50
WalNutZ III (Banned)
Muahahahaha

WalNutZ III is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossOutTheEyes
He deleted his posts because what was said was not in the right context, and for the better of the people he is playing with, he deleted his posts to cause less problems, but thanks for your concern.

If you care so much that hes a douche bag or whatever, go find him at gpl, and take it up with him face to face, cause we know you are into the whole **** talking thing, but go find his *** at gpl and see if you still want to scrap.
<3 sean

thank you!
Old 11-21-2005, 11:36 AM #51
kid killa 2005

media coverage dosent cost money.... they did not pay i dime to get tv crew/ magazine reporters to come ....
Old 11-21-2005, 12:46 PM #52
DagNasty

DagNasty helped look for balloons
i gotta agree, I think the prizes are a little weak for a regional tournament that is nearing the popularity of a national tournament.

Spin it whichever way you choose, with the attention this event draws the prizes should match the popularity and ions don't cut it for the largest division.

The prizes aren't meant to be the event draw argument is a good one but when competing for players with other tournament series events, you have to cater those who play for the prizes, those who play for the competition, those who show up for the media coverage, new teams, new ballers, for all aspects.

It's not just paintball, it's event management and marketing in general. Doesn't seem to make good business sense to me to tell people, publicly, if they don't like it.. shove it. And me being someone who owns a few business'.

GPL series has been a very good one from the perspective of an old player who no longer plays. The events have been run well and efficient, the venue has worked well, attendance has been well above average and competition stiff. But some of the people who pay to play have voiced their concerns and/or criticism. Maybe something to consider for future events.

Last edited by DagNasty : 11-21-2005 at 12:50 PM.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:04 PM #53
BigBlackZach
Pballer for life

I wish NPS was in on GPL that way it would be worth going b-cuz NPS has every thing
-paint
-gun (nice guns)
-Mask
-Jersey’s
-Pants
People for the Eating of Tasty Animals
Wawa Fan Club #14
Old 11-22-2005, 12:03 PM #54
Shawn Walker

Hey all, I think this thread is pretty much done with, but I wanted to mention to Kid Killa 2005, that you are wrong.

Media coverage costs lots of money. I have to pay for expenses and other concesions for the type of coverage the GPL recieved.

In a perfect world the TV and Magazine people would attend all paintball events beacause they can and want to, but this is paintball, and that is not the case.

So promotors have to do what we can to help those people to choose our events.

This is my last post in this thread, if anyone wants to contact me directly you may. shawn@extremeevents.us
Old 11-25-2005, 02:28 AM #55
kid killa 2005

so let me get this straight .. you PAID to have this event put on tv... and you PAID to have it put in the magazine.. ???
Old 11-25-2005, 10:24 PM #56
Paintballer476

Paintballer476 plays in the PSP
Paintballer476 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Paintballer476 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Walker
This is my last post in this thread, if anyone wants to contact me directly you may. shawn@extremeevents.us

Im gonna take a guess here and say hes not going to reply to ur post
Old 11-25-2005, 11:42 PM #57
*N.M.E.kid22 (Banned)
*** RAG TAG 4 L ***