Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-16-2005, 08:29 PM #22
p8ntball-kid21
E-Jam United

p8ntball-kid21 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I thought there was an announcement that Redz joined up but they haven't given anything. ????

Also, can you please pot the overall prizes, seeing that this is the last event. Thx

Last edited by p8ntball-kid21 : 11-16-2005 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:52 PM #23
GPL freak

yea wut happened to redz
and final prizes would be nice if they were posted cuz my brothers friends team has the 3-man YG 1st i think
Old 11-16-2005, 08:55 PM #24
snoop

snoop is a Supporting Member
im pretty sure it was just the Head Reff who played with Redz Hurricanes back when they were with redz
Old 11-16-2005, 11:56 PM #25
Shawn Walker

I singled you out because you singled me out. The GPL is a group effort. Many people have their roles in the series. No one person decides everything.

So you don't want to give me your name because now you want the TV coverage? I thought you only play for prizes?

I think you are a very negative person and not someone who enjoys paintball for what it is and instead you want to speak harshly about what you want it to be.

I think you are a teenager and a "forum warrior" that has posted over 2400 times on pbnation but have only played in 2 national level tournaments as a Division 3 player and many local events.

I think your name is Chas Lessig and you are playing for Cynical Trip this Sunday.

I accept the fact that everyone is entitled to their opinion and I have been running tournaments long enough to know that never will 100% of the people be happy.

But I also take responsibility for my actions and don't try and hide behind my forum handle. I am always straight forward and honest in my posts, emails and all communications between players and myself.

If you are unhappy, I feel it is hypocritical that you continue to play in the events.

I'm sorry to your teammates that will lose out on the TV coverage.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:42 AM #26
ImpaqKidz
Playground Legend

ImpaqKidz is a Supporting Member
We've played the last 2 events and took first place in both. People ask me if we are dissapointed with the changes but we arent really. Its sick that we have a chance to be on tv and hopefuly win that is a lot of exposure for our team. The prize drop isint a problem for us but I understand where a lot of people come from. Some teams play these events to sell their prizes and get money for nationals. Either way the TV thing is really cool and its good to see we will finally get some magazine coverage.

Infamous Clothing
Eastcoast Underground
Powered By: ECX Action Sports, KEE Action Sports, AllPaintballSupplies.com
Old 11-17-2005, 09:35 AM #27
Shawn Walker

Chas- It wasn't my intention to pick a fight with you or call you out. Again, I only did so because you singled out me.

My goal was to show you that there are consequences to your actions. As you say you have only been playing paintball a year, as I have been in the industry over 10 years.

Itís important for you to know who you're dealing with when you decide to be negative towards someone.

"Speaking your mind" and being skeptical and negative are two different things.

Wouldn't it have been a better idea to "bash" the GPL after you played your last event rather than before? That way you could confirm whether or not the TV show was coming and if the magazine coverage is coming.

Instead you did it before the event and jeopardized you and your teams chance of getting coverage on the "off" chance they do actually show up.

I'm not mad at you or anybody else that decides to post negative comments, like I said before, everyone is welcome to their opinion.

I just want people to learn there are consequences for their actions, and posting negatively towards an event that someone plans on playing in is not the best way to see improvements and results.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:36 AM #28
zmann2087
fed up

zmann2087 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
and have only been playing for about a year

also i dont want prizes as much as i am dissapointed with the direction of gpl, it went from a couple a years ago were it was the best tournement
was it just me or did u say uve only played for 1 year, and then u said u are disappointed in the direction of the gpl in the pas COUPLE of years?....so uhhh, dont really know what to say to u besides stfu and stop complaining

Last edited by zmann2087 : 11-17-2005 at 11:38 AM.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:07 PM #29
Paintballer476

Paintballer476 plays in the PSP
Paintballer476 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Paintballer476 plays in the APPA D3 division
drop it chas.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:06 PM #30
snoop

simple as this,
you dislike the prizes.. and prizes are all u worry about, dont come

they believe, or shawn does that TV and Mag. coverage is also important

no need to argue.. like he said .. 90%(or w/e) of the teams dont get prizes and i dont believe that most of the teams think they are going to win, thus making TV much more apealing
Old 11-17-2005, 04:05 PM #31
WalNutZ III (Banned)
Muahahahaha

WalNutZ III is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpaqKidz
We've played the last 2 events and took first place in both. People ask me if we are dissapointed with the changes but we arent really. Its sick that we have a chance to be on tv and hopefuly win that is a lot of exposure for our team. The prize drop isint a problem for us but I understand where a lot of people come from. Some teams play these events to sell their prizes and get money for nationals. Either way the TV thing is really cool and its good to see we will finally get some magazine coverage.
I'm with you, all I want to do is play and promote the sport that I love. It hurts me to see people who play and yet give the sport a bad name because of the way they act both on and off the field.

I play for the love of being on the field and if you take that away I have nothing

peace,
walter iii
Old 11-17-2005, 06:31 PM #32
EgoSkillz08
I live for Sundays

i agree with boht sides really...yeah its fun to play win or lose... even if we know we have little to no chance of winning we all still get up sunday mourning to play.....but i can see where people are upset about the ions..seriously...D2 5 man should get more..

GOODLUCK EVERYONE

NY Royalty
Old 11-17-2005, 07:25 PM #33
p8ntball-kid21
E-Jam United

p8ntball-kid21 is a Supporting Member
I just received an email that says Redz beefed up the prizes. I hope it's true b/c I love their packs.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:39 PM #34
snoop

same with me could use a new pack
Old 11-17-2005, 10:19 PM #35
pb221brian

i agree with shawn

dude i ahve played liek a lot of tournaments and the gpl is really cool so i just want to say to all the haters STFU!

i agree with shawn, go to the event before you start *****in, crap! i mean the last thing we want is the tournaments to go away come on idiot

i was at the last event and it was sick! dan and cyndi did a great job and even kicked out some ******* cheaters. the event had great prizes but not a ton of teams, this event has good prizes, but it will be on tv, and it has like double the teams. . . hmmmm what do you think the teams want

i think chas has a bad attitude and should be banned from the circuit, he is probably just going to ***** and cause problems at the event and ruin in for everyne anyway. i feel sorry for cynical trip if he is playing with them. i like cynical trip, why did they pck up such a jerk, it makes them look bad.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:46 AM #36
kid killa 2005

even though i think NME is an douche, i wanna put things into perspective for all u *******s that dont understand.

stonemak is having a 5 man series. the entry is a little more but the paint is cheaper.
---they only need 15 teams to have 06 proto's as first place prize, with a slew of other great stuff for 2nd, 3rd, 4th.

--- GPL has 40 teams signed up for div. 2 5-man alone and all they can swing is ions???

i can understand where he is coming from. for the teams that actually do have a chance at winning, these prizes are somewhat disapointing.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:59 AM #37
kid killa 2005

another thing to think about, 82 teams.

not taking divisions into account, i will say the AVERAGE entry fee for each team is 150.

thats about $12,500

thats 350 players shooting a MINIMUM of 1 case of paint each.

i would assume that most people are shooting atleast 2 cases each through out this tournie, cause when i played 3-man i shot 2 cases and i was only goign out with a hopper and 2 pods a game, and most of the time not even using all of it. i KNOW their are teams shooting ALOT more then that

multiply about 750 cases of paint sold at the event by 65 (the avg of the cost of the 2 diff paints.
your talking about 50,000 in paint sales for the weekend, half of which you are pocketing because i am very close with the NE director of procaps and i know that stuff only cost about 25-27 a case.

thats a total proffit for the weekend of 37,000.
the reffs are getting 100 a day. lets estimate about 35 reffs.
take 3500 away for the reff's pay from that wopping $37,000 proffit.

you are walking away with almost $35,000 before buyign prizes.

ions are $180 at dealer cost..

you guys cant deny the fact that you can afford to step the prizes up a bit
Old 11-18-2005, 05:19 PM #38
pb221brian

kidkilla you are a stupid #%#!

you must be a business major i am sure they have more things to pay for than that dont get me wrong, i want more prizes but im not stupid

i bet they have to pay the filed owner
and if you were at the last event you will know there is a lot more refs than that and with this number of teams i hear they are running four feilds on sunday, that would mean over 30 refs just on sunday,

they had to rent lights at the last event, just in case

they have to pay for the air

i am sure the ultimate ref has to get paid probly more than regular refs

and about those prizes, i looked at the gpl prize list and it shows like tons of stuff not just a few ions, like those new quest guns i dont know how they are but they are pretty spendy and i think like 20 ions and all kinds of stuff like barrels and goggles

i still wish they had egos though but i am here to shoot fools that is why i play and if i win i want good stuff and they have good stuff maybe not as good as they once had but its still good

i am just so tired of the *****in wining babies, the gpl has been around a long time cause they do a good job if you dont like it dont play but stop the bashing.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:22 PM #39
pb221brian

ahhhh, i just figured out why you are dissing the gpl cuase you are pushing the stonewhatever event

nice try ******!

get a life
Old 11-18-2005, 05:50 PM #40
journeyman

let me get this one shawn

AGAIN dont play it lol.

This is a regional tourney series not the nationals. This is a stepping stone for many teams towards competing in the nationals, where the challenge is higher and warrants the increase in prizes. For those who strictly stay with the regional tourneys (and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that AT ALL) Even they must understand that the prizes are what they are according to the level and variety of competition.

If given the choice of no prizes at all or this, which would you chose? Because i dont think we need to actually test that theory to understand the point.

Without prizes theres very little point in playing the tourney right? except for the competition. What im getting at is this; When it all comes down to it, its all about the winning in the end. no matter if you win $5 or $5000. Thats the bonus of it all. But the first thing out your mouth to your fellow ballers would be "hey we won the tourney." and then "yeah we won $5000 for coming in 1st. see the real deal here?

Alot of you werent even playing in the days of when paint costed $80 -$90 dollars at local fields and come tourney time it might have been $65-$80 a case, and the prizes were simply trophies. and that wasnt that along ago.

now your paying as low as $55-$60 for paint, and the prizes are actually markers and tanks and gear. Almost an entire set up. and you wanna gripe.

Hey, pro now is $50.000 semi pro is only $15,000 should the semi pros gripe.
they can but wont change much. The idea is hey lets play harder and win the series to qualify for pro so we can get a shot at $50,000. and this is with travel expenses on their backs. air hotel car rental spending money etc.

You guys drive a little ways from nearby tristate area. to as close as an hour away or so. and most you drop is what $10 for gas.

The competition at GPl is different from nationals and the funding nowhere near as much. Please stop trying to cram the nature of the nationals into a regional tourneys body.

The GPL is not trying to be the nationals. It is what it is. However it is trying to grow and increase its spending according to its financial ability. That takes more support from not only outside funding, but positive teams that have at least a basic understanding of what this is all about.

This is shawns quote broken down for the understandingly impared.

bottom line. if you must gripe about the prizes. save up some money and go play the nationals. just make sure you have approximately $4-$600 per trip
to actually participate. . oh yeah and then you have to try and win the thing. good luck
Old 11-18-2005, 06:07 PM #41
BigBlackZach
Pballer for life

Pay out sucks it not worth the gass+paint u cant get ride of ions D1 5man frist places it cool but if your palying for that no pont in going
People for the Eating of Tasty Animals
Wawa Fan Club #14
Old 11-18-2005, 06:14 PM #42
sk82712
PBN's Resident Bomb Tech

ions for first? IMHO that's a little weak. A lot weak.

GH will be there, although i won't be playing this one.