PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-14-2005, 09:08 PM #1
mxsx125
TEAM IKU

has been a member for 10 years
Official Upgrade Thread

Hey guys, i have gotten a lot of questions about upgrades for the felon/assasin. Well here is my official list of upgrades for it.

Triggers:

FBM Delrin triggers- haven't personally used, but hear they are good
Check-It Stick- nice feel, but the trigger pin hole needs to be drilled out a little to accomidate the ACI pin
Otters Custom Mod- i did the otters custom mod on my trigger, shaving it down, works really well, love the feel of the trigger. I will post a link later when i have time
***The magnet mod from otters customs doesn't work as well as i thought it would, personally i feel it's not worth it***

BOLTS:

ACS Bolt
- great bolt. If you get the top cocking one which you need, it needs to be sanded down a little inorder to fit flush.
ANY TOP COCKING SPYDER BOLT WILL WORK IN THE FELON. FOR THE ASSASIN, PEOPLE ARE CURRENTLY SEEING IF BOB LONG BOLTS WILL WORK (TIMMY), IF NOT, THEY ARE GOING TO SEE IF OLDER MODEL SUPAFLY BOLTS WILL WORK!!

Valves:

I have not personally upgraded the valve, when i do i will post again, and if anyone else has, feel free to post what valves you used!!!

Barrels:

This is a personal choice, but all threads are spyder threads. On the blind rage, the barrel threads are autococker not spyder!

Reg.:

I use the bob long torpedo, but again, any reg will fit. It's personal prefrence that that point.

Feedneck:

It uses spyder feed necks, the ones with just the tabs on them, no tabs with holes. I have the lapco feed neck, but all feednecks made for a spyder will work.

Solenoid:

I am going to upgrade the solenoid by drilling a hole in the back of the frame close to the center of the solonoid and tapping it and putting a screw in, so that, i can adjust how far the soleniod has to move inorder to fire the gun. This will help increase the speed because it will not be as far of a distance for the back of the solenoid to travel. I will update this as i do it.

Springs:

I also bought the shocktech spring kit for it so you can adjust the velocity. Basically all i wanted was the red spring cuz my gun is red and black.

Here's a list of the things that I will be doing to my gun just to let you guys know so that if you have any questions you can ask me about them, and I will post how they worked as I get them done (need the money first)

New Front Block-Red to match color scheme
Check-it Stick Trigger-Red
Solenoid Mod
Blind Rage board w/ eyes, covers, and new switch
New Grips-Red
Drilling out ASA for bigger holes and increased efficency
Drill out valve body for increased efficency
Cut the body to save weight (top of the body where the pin goes in)
Polishing all of the metal internals
Get Lapco autococker to spyder adapter for the barrel to put on my titanium products barrel with the red tip to match the cholor scheme

If you guys want to know anything else, feel free to PM me.

PLEASE STICKY THIS THREAD, IT WILL HELP A LOT OF PEOPLE OUT!!!! BUT I ALSO NEED TO BE ABLE TO ADD THINGS TO IT IF NECESSARY!!

Red/Orange Old School Defiant

Black ACI Felon that has been upped by myself. Shaved trigger, rounded detents, red painted accents, ACS bolt, soon to have an upgrade for the solenoid, and getting a 50g microswitch

TEAM IKU- out to dominate

Last edited by mxsx125 : 01-19-2006 at 12:45 PM.
mxsx125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2005, 09:09 PM #2
mxsx125
TEAM IKU

forgot to add that i changed the chamber on the front. Instead of the stock sliver one, that looks like a bullet, i got the shocktech one in black, cuz it looks cooler, but all of those chambers will work (if they fit a spyder)!!! When i get pics up here u'll know what i mean!!!

Black ACI Felon that has been upped by myself. Shaved trigger, rounded detents, red painted accents, ACS bolt, soon to have an upgrade for the solenoid, and getting a 50g microswitch

Old 11-14-2005, 10:00 PM #3
68camaro

There is one problem with my gun: on all spyder bolts there is a little nob that connects to the striker, most spyders and spyder clones have a slot for the nob when you put the internals back in when you field strip it. There is no slot for the nob on the back of my gun. so i cant get spyder bolts in my 05 assassin
At the back of the mongoose you can see the slot(there are two slots on the mongoose, spyders only have the one where the velocity adjuster is).

http://www.pbreview.com/productpics/...7&product=2984

Last edited by 68camaro : 11-14-2005 at 10:38 PM.
68camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 08:19 AM #4
mxsx125
TEAM IKU

ok, i just got online, and went to http://www.korruptseries.com/ and was reading about the assassin. If you have the one, or one similar to the one pictured, you have to use REAR COCKING. I had origionally thought that all ACI's were the same, cuz the blind rage is top cocking, and so is the felon. If you think about it, you can use a rear cocking, because i think what you mean is that, the top cocking pin won't fit back into the gun? If that's what it is, then you need to go rear cocking, but if it's not the top cocking pin that won't fit, then i'll need to see pics or for you to be more specific!!! Sorry about that little inconvinience, but let me know if i'm right or if were not talking about the same thing!!

Old 11-15-2005, 08:26 PM #5
68camaro

my aci assassin is the exact one on www.korruptseries.com
my problem is.............
all spyder bolts have a little nob at the bottom of the bolt (like the one in the picture) spyder bolts wont go in my gun because there is no slot for the nob, and that little nod prevents the bolt from going in my gun.

THIS PICTURE IS HERE TO SHOW YOU WERE THE NOB ON SPYDER BOLTS ARE

http://search4paintball.com/images/p...a_logo_130.jpg you can see the nob at the bottom of the bolt to the right (you cant miss it, it sticks out like a sore thumb)

Last edited by 68camaro : 11-15-2005 at 08:37 PM.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:45 PM #6
DanteDevil
Would you kindly...

DanteDevil owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
umm wait for mx before doin it but can u just cut it off?
DanteDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 08:52 PM #7
68camaro

if you were to cut it off how would you cock the bolt??(there would be nothing connecting to the striker)
Old 11-15-2005, 09:24 PM #8
mxsx125
TEAM IKU

that little nob connects to the striker, i don't know how you would put a bolt into your gun if you didn't have that nob, here are some pics of how the bolt goes into the gun on my felon, maybe this will clarify things!!

Here's the bolt in the striker
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\PHOT0074.JPG

Again, another picture of the bolt in the striker
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\PHOT0067.JPG

Bolt in the gun
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\PHOT0042.JPG

Bolt going into the gun:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\PHOT0079.JPG

Another pic. of the bolt going into the gun:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\PHOT0080.JPG

Old 11-15-2005, 09:44 PM #9
mxsx125
TEAM IKU

any mod maybe want to sticky this thread, and after you sticky it, can i add text to it?

Old 11-15-2005, 09:51 PM #10
DanteDevil
Would you kindly...

DanteDevil owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ya so never listen to my advice when it comes to this stuff.... its usually dangerous and or expensive
DanteDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 10:03 PM #11
68camaro

i cant see your pics

and heres how i put my bolt in my gun, first i put the internals in the lower chamber then i get the bolt, slide it in the top-chamber then connect the bolt to the striker by the top-cocking pin.

Last edited by 68camaro : 11-15-2005 at 10:42 PM.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:39 PM #12
mxsx125
TEAM IKU

Hopefully this is finally the answer to your questions

ok, that narrows it down. Your best bet for that gun now would be a top cocking timmy bolt. The reason being is because you gun works more like a timmy, timmy's have a hole in the ram where you push the bolt pin into, on your gun, it will work the same way, push the bolt in, and then push the pin down until it clicks into the hole in the striker. That should do the trick, see if you can find someone with a timmy at the field and ask them to see their bolt for a minute, which they should be more then willing to do, and try putting it in, and see what happens. Or go to your local shop and ask to see a timmy bolt and try it in your gun, it should fit, and if not, you may have to shave it down on the front inorder for it to fit right in your gun, but that's what i would suggest for now, try that and then get back to me and see what happens

Old 11-16-2005, 05:07 PM #13
68camaro

should i get the 2k2 bolts
or the alias bolts?
Old 11-16-2005, 05:35 PM #14
mxsx125
TEAM IKU

hmm...that's a good question, that i wouldn't know. I say go to your local store and see if they have the bolts there and try them in, and whichever one fits. I can tell u that it would be a timmy bolt, but i'm not familiar with what the difference is between a 2k2 or an alias bolt, it's all soo confusing, haha, but yeah, just go check out your local shop and try a few different bolts in if they will let you

Old 11-16-2005, 06:37 PM #15
68camaro

ok i will go to my shop and see
Old 11-17-2005, 05:00 PM #16
mxsx125
TEAM IKU

post back here when you find out!!

Old 11-28-2005, 08:37 AM #17
mxsx125
TEAM IKU

anything on that bolt guys? and can we get a mod to sticky this thread, it would be very helpful!!

Old 12-01-2005, 09:32 PM #18
68camaro

sorry couldnt get out, to busy with basketball

i am working on getting my gun fixed (for some reason the board stopped working)
Old 12-01-2005, 10:06 PM #19
mxsx125
TEAM IKU

hmmm.....interesting....what's up with the board, anything look odd or different with the wiring? Did you check the battery and put a new one in? No big deal about the bolt, when you get around to it, just post it here, if you need any help trying to get ur gun to work, just drop a ? and i'll try to help out

Old 12-02-2005, 08:06 PM #20
68camaro

i took the board out and looked at it, no cracks and all the componets looked fine. And i dont think i shorted out the board because it would be hard to with a 9v battery.

i am curently in the process of putting a lighter microswitch in my gun, and right now i have no microswitch in the gun. I think that might have something to do with the board not working(i could be wrong)

other then that i have no clue what happened.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:03 PM #21
mxsx125
TEAM IKU

that could be it..when you finish installing the microswitch, let me know what happens, otherwise, call aci, or e-mail them. I can give you the new e-mail address in a pm as only certain ppl have it