Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-03-2005, 01:02 PM #1
Eyecare

Eyecare is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Euro Field Picture Thread

I thought a picture thread of the various fields we play on here in Europe would be useful. This thread isn't intended to be free advertisement for the field owners but rather a picture thread by and for the players themselves to show others what kind of fields, equipment and facilites are available should they decide to venture out and try out another field.

I'll start by adding two of the fields closest to where I'm living at present (Heidelberg). Please feel free to share your local fields with the rest of us so we can see what you've got.

For more detailed information on European Paintball Fields, please refer to the ~Official European Field Thread~

Note: It would be great if we keep this submission heavy on pictures and leave most of the written stuff for the other thread. I would suggest 6-12 pictures max with the first few concentrating on what's available and the rest on action shots. Keep in mind that each post can only hold about 6 pictures maximum before PBN balks. If you have some great pictures of your field but can't host them yourself you can PM me an I'll be happy to do it for you. Try to limit this to 12 pics or so in a similar vein to what I posted below. Thanks.

Pics of my guns

Doc's SP Patent FAQ and related article

Last edited by Eyecare : 09-24-2005 at 01:27 PM.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:20 PM #2
Eyecare

Heidelberg Paintball #1

Location: Off B291 near Oftersheim (click to see map). (Zoom in two levels to see details) As you're traveling down B291 from Oftersheim it will be on the left. Look for signs to Rod & Gun Club and Golf Course. (Located at Rod & Gun Club)

Manager & Registration: Ian

Details:

(Note: Field fees have gone done some since this sign was posted. A case of 2000 rec balls is running around $50 and field fees are about $5 cheaper. This is for non-members. Prices are slightly lower for members of the Heidelberg Rod & Gun Club. A seasonal membership is something like $25, I believe. Playtime typically can't start until 2PM because of the co-located shooting range but also usually stays open well past 4PM.))
NB: This field will be temporarily closed in October and part of November as the field manager is going on leave.

Paintball staging area:

Rentals:

Ball flavor of the month:

Main field 1:

Pics of my guns

Last edited by Eyecare : 09-27-2005 at 12:21 PM.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:21 PM #3
Eyecare

Heidelberg Paintball #2

Main field 2:

Breakout:

Shooting streams:

Ref (in background) watching the action:

Popping over fat snake:

Sliding to the far end:

Pics of my guns

Old 09-03-2005, 01:39 PM #4
Eyecare

Mannheim #1

Location: On the west side of L597 just south of A656. Get off Friedrichsfeld exit towards the west then hang a right at the T-intersection. (Zoom in the map 2 levels to see details) You'll eventually see the Friedrichsfeld military installation to your left but do not go in it. Just continue to follow the road, keeping the post to your left side, until you get to the road behind the post. Continue following this road to almost the very end. Field is marked and on your left .

Manager: Mannheim has a nice field as well. It was apparently set up by Noel (aka pbtosa) but is now run by John

Registration area:

Details: (this year open Sep 3 & 17, Oct 1, 8, 15 & 29, Nov 5, 19, 26)

Equipment building: (rentals are Tippmanns)

300 bar (4500 psi) air on tap:

Chrony station: (note recommended field speed)

Pics of my guns

Last edited by Eyecare : 09-07-2005 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:40 PM #5
Eyecare

Mannheim #2

Relief stations:

Field #1

Field #2

Breakout on Field #1

Posting up:

Bunker move:

Pics of my guns

Old 09-04-2005, 01:53 PM #6
1_viper

1_viper owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Heidelberg Paintball Field Edit #1

Ha Eyecare ,
good job with the pics and the prices but as you know the prices have changed at the heidelberg field. here are the new prices

NORMENCLATURE-----------MEMBERSHIP RATES------------GUEST RATES

Draaxxus Blaze Case:::::::::$53.00:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::$5 7.00
Draxxus Blaze Bag::::::::::::$14.00::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: $15.00
Draxxus Heat Case:::::::::::$48.00::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :$50.00
Draxxus Heat Bag:::::::::::::$12.00:::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :$13.00
Bottle/hopper Rental:::::::::$Free:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :$4.00
Field Fee Complete:::::::::::$15.00::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::$20.00
Field Fee Own Equipment::::$10.00:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::$1 5.00
-
-
FOR MORE INFO SEE THE EUROPEAN FIELD THREAD FOR FIELD PHONE #.
OR PM ME AND I WILL GIVE IT TO YOU:

Last edited by 1_viper : 09-04-2005 at 01:59 PM.
Old 09-25-2005, 06:39 AM #7
Eyecare

Griesheim (Darmstadt) Paintball #1

The Red Baron is a great paintball field located at the old Griesheim airfield across from the post the Stars & Strips is located in. This field was initially developed by Josh (aka Pitvyper69) a few years back and is in my opinion one of the premier military paintball fields in Germany. It's currently managed by Rob.

Here's the location. If you get to the gate and it's locked ask the Ponds security guards across the street to unlock it for you. (They'll usually do so without you asking.) Playdays are Saturday 10 AM-5 PM and Sunday 12 PM-5 PM.

Here's a picture of Rob, the field manager, outside of the registration area.

And a picture of the registration building.

Paint prices are on the wall. Rate is $10/day for individuals and all day air is $5. CO2 is also apparently available if you need that. They sell light refreshments here as well.

Rentals are Tippmanns and Prodigys.

300 and 200 bar HPA (4500 & 3000 psi) on tap.

Pics of my guns

Last edited by Eyecare : 09-25-2005 at 06:52 AM.
Old 09-25-2005, 06:43 AM #8
Eyecare

Griesheim (Darmstadt) Paintball #2

Chono station (note recommended field speed)

Shaded staging area complete with BBQ for DYI cooking

Field #1 (lego land)

Field #2 (wooden/plastic bunkers)

Field #3 (sup air)

10 seconds on field #2

Pics of my guns

Last edited by Eyecare : 09-25-2005 at 06:55 AM.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:11 PM #9
Vagabond Soldier
Esh

Vagabond Soldier is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyecare
The Red Baron is a great paintball field located at the old Griesheim airfield across from the post the Stars & Strips is located in. This field was initially developed by Josh (aka Pitvyper69) a few years back and is in my opinion one of the premier military paintball fields in Germany. It's currently managed by Rob.
While this might be trivial that field has been there much longer. I use to play/volunteer there from 99-01 on my first tour. The field was operated by the Rod and Gun club and a really nice player named Brian. We could never get it to the level that it is at now due to lack of funding. Shortly before my PCS the field was rolled under the MWR program and Brian went back to the states. I was told that this all happened because the R&G was being forced to close due to German firearms regs and that the field was being kept only because it was popular. As Brian worked for the R&G his job was going away and he either chose to just go home or couldn't/wouldn't work for MWR. I'm glad that the field not only survived but thrived under the MWR program but to say it was initially developed by those in the MWR program does injustice to those that came before.

ESSAYONS

"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said 'Here I am, send me.'" Isaiah 6:8
Old 10-03-2005, 06:19 PM #10
Tasker
BadInfluenceField Gardner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond Soldier
I'm glad that the field not only survived but thrived under the MWR program but to say it was initially developed by those in the MWR program does injustice to those that came before.
Vagabond Soldier: Rod and Gun Clubs, Outdoor Recreations, Bowling Alleys, Golf Courses...all of them belong to Army MWR. The reason most people think Rod and Guns aren't a part of MWR and always suffer a 'lack of funds' is because Rod and Guns are Category C Activities. All that means is "No appropriated fund money to spend every year ( for taxpayers)". Rod and Gun Clubs start with $0 at the beginning of the year. They have to budget a lot more carefully and be a lot more business conscious than the Category B and A managers (Fitness Centers, Outdoor Recs) who have 5-6 digits of appropriated fund money they are required to spend on new stuff. In fact, a category A activity (your local gym for example) can lose $.5M a year and still stay open. If category C clubs end the year in a loss, they're often shut down...hence the 'lack of funds' and hesitation by managers to buy new fill stations and more 7-man fields.
I'm thankful that the Heidelberg Team-who's been the key in getting our field erected and running-are so understanding and patient. Hang in there though, I foresee great things for MWR Paintball still to come.
The more soldiers and civilians support MWR, the more we grow (and more so for the Rod and Gun Clubs-the last 5 of which are frantically struggling to survive).
OPM Fan Club #1
Other People's Markers
Old 10-04-2005, 12:32 PM #11
Vagabond Soldier
Esh

Now see, that was more information than I knew. That actually gives a little understanding on why things happened the way they did. The rod and gun was doing fine when I first arrived in country, but they were on the same post with the PX and people were always in there eating. People were also in the store but at that time service members were allowed to ship POW over in there house hold goods. Then two things happened, the Germans tighten up the firearms regs so that you couldn't even bring your POW in and the Darmstadt R&G was moved off the main installation out to the the big warehouse that the red baron field is at. It was just like putting a candle under a glass. It only took them about a year to go out of business.

Well, I guess I always knew that the R&Gs were MWR but when I think MWR I'm thinking the outdoor rec. I guess its all because all the different MWR facilities are separate and some don't traditionally boast the MWR affiliation while others use it as a badge of pride if not there name.

BTW I just heard your Karaoke commercial.

ESSAYONS

"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said 'Here I am, send me.'" Isaiah 6:8
Old 10-04-2005, 06:07 PM #12
Tasker

yeah, you hit a lot of points right on the head. i'll tell you a secret (on the internet?...not much of a secret anymore): Rod and Gun Clubs are at the mercy of the leadership. DA has already made it clear that all Rod and Gun Clubs are to be 'swallowed' up under Outdoor Rec...we just aren't PC anymore, "Oh, guns, oh no...that's dangerous". It all disgusts me. When I came onboard 8 years ago, I witnessed the last glory days of the Rod and Gun Clubs. Ya' know, there used to be over 60 Rod and Gun Clubs in Europe?!
Anyway...the Rod and Gun Clubs that remain in Europe...I can almost guarantee you there is an O6 or higher behind the scenes, keeping them open. We have no friends within the chain anymore...that's why we're gonna' do all we can to blow paintball clean outta' the water!

Keep an eye on us in 06 Vagabond! We'll make ya' proud! Tourny after tourney...
OPM Fan Club #1
Other People's Markers
Old 10-05-2005, 05:27 AM #13
1_viper

1_viper owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
you tell'em tasker. keep an eye on heidelberg. we might surprise you (7-man team)shhhhhhhhhhhh.................
Old 10-05-2005, 09:16 AM #14
Vagabond Soldier
Esh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasker
"Oh, guns, oh no...that's dangerous".
I don't know if that is sad or funny. I'm leaning towards sad for the simple fact that everyone that wears US ARMY has to know how to use one. Tools of the trade and we are scared of them? WTF?
Well, I'll probably be keeping an eye from a distance as I'm following everyone else away from here but not till the spring. BTW viper, it looks like I'll paying your office a visit. The PT doc said torn ACL and that I needed to see ya'll.

Ain't life coming up roses right now?

ESSAYONS

Old 10-09-2005, 08:59 AM #15
zarcon13

soon

Eyecare,
As soon as we open here in schweinfurt, I will get pics up.
stars and stripes E2 cocker
Dark cocker
Old 10-10-2005, 09:30 AM #16
Pitvyper69
Ex RedBaron Field Manager

Credit due where credit is due

I know I am chiming in a bit late on this one and all, but I have to say while yes there was a "paintball" activity operating on the land close by to where the Red Baron stands now, thats where it stops.

When I took the field over with a few other voulnteers to have a place to play it had not been operating and was in no way even close to the kind of operation it is now. Once I took a position with ODR the first thing we had to to was undo all the stuff that was done before as far as the unsafe field conditions, the field itself with rusty nails and broken glass all over not to mention the poor equipment conditions. I have heard good things about Brian, though I never met him. I also can not speak to what he did as he was gone when i got there all I have to go on was the place as I found it.

I really dont want to get off on a rant, and as anyone on the boards who knows me will attest to, I am the first person to say its a team effort when any praise comes my way. But....I along with Craig and ALOT of others broke our backs building the current field into what it was when I left. And let me be the first to tell anyone who might think that Darmstadt ODR got ANY money to start that program up...NO. I kept track of every penny we pulled in so we could justify asking for some start up cash, we begged barrowed and appropriated what we needed to just get a start, granted we had a few dozen markers and masks from R&G(but none were usable from go). When it worked and they started allowing us to have some cash it was awesome, but we always made more than we asked for at the end of the day.

So to try to pull a straw like "R&G started it" is just plain not appropriate in this instance. I am quite sure you had no intention to make any such statements, nor to affend or take away from what ODR did or has done, but I had to stick my foot in for my guys and gals who were with me from go to create the Red Baron from SCRATCH, my personal feelings aside.

It may just be a simple case of evolution, as several of the fields pictured in this thread have taken our lead, used Red Baron as a template and made their own strides ahead, they look awesome! I wish I was still there to play at all of them.

IM out
Old 10-10-2005, 11:47 AM #17
Vagabond Soldier
Esh

Hey, you donít want to give credit to the R&G, fine. More power to you. The way the field is now is what we would have dreamt it to be when I was here the first time. Iím glad you were able to do something we couldnít.

ESSAYONS

Old 10-10-2005, 01:02 PM #18
Eyecare

I think the key here is that without the hard work and imagination of volunteers and field managers, a lot of what we have now would never have gotten off the ground. I'm sure that on every active military field here in Germany there's a core of dedicated people who put in a load of sweat and tears in order make their dream come true. Kudos to each and every one of them for the part they played in keeping paintball alive and well in Germany.

Pics of my guns

Old 10-11-2005, 04:05 AM #19
Tasker

So it has been said

Amen, Eyecare...that is the bottom line
OPM Fan Club #1
Other People's Markers
Old 10-14-2005, 10:16 AM #20
paintballinR

This weekend ill take pics of kit's feild, just got a new digital camera that i need to try out..lol
Old 11-03-2005, 12:39 PM #21
silentbob2678

silentbob2678 is a Supporting Member
Does anyone know when the Heidelberg field will be open again?
Barrel:Empire barrel kit/Dye UL.
See you on the field!