Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-13-2005, 01:27 PM #1
jef's fries
Team 2. Were the ****

has been a member for 10 years
Any rowers on the nation?

Just wondering if anyone else on PBN rows, or has rowed for a school team or club.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2005, 03:45 PM #2
buck1115 (Banned)

My friend Mikey is on Blair academies crew, they are like 2 or 3 in the nation.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:14 PM #3
Bleachednblonde (Banned)

One of my roommates is on the crew team for Marquette University
Old 11-18-2005, 10:16 PM #4
jk_6109
What the cashcrop?

I row for St. Johns high school. I row starboard nd im on second boat. We have a [retty good crew. We placed 1st in the head of the charles for high schools, we beat abbington from england by a second...Im curious to see how we do in the spring.

New & Old Feedback

Check out my brother's band, Skull Hammer.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:28 PM #5
youm0nt

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck1115
My friend Mikey is on Blair academies crew, they are like 2 or 3 in the nation.
their football captain died from an injury
LIK member #5
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-
O RLY? gtfo now
Old 11-18-2005, 11:24 PM #6
Sphinctar
Push It

The kids on crew in my school think they are so tough I hate it. Anyone could beat the **** out of them, yet they continue to think they are cool and tough for doing crew. 2 of my freinds tried crew after all of the other kids had a year of experience, and the 2 kids were already one of the best on the team. Thats just my school though.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:57 AM #7
jef's fries
Team 2. Were the ****

jk_6109- noice man. Thats a pretty badass win you guys have under your belt. I row for North Allegheny High School. We've came in 1st place for Head of the Ohio, Head of the Speakmon, and Head of the Ohio. Still, i'd imagine the school your rowing for is really good (espescially if you come first in Head of The Charles). What are you hauling for a 2k time?

sphinctar- Thanks for giving every other rower a bad name. They're probably just novices (noobs) who joined the team in the fall. Hell, ever since I've been on the team i've lost wieght, gained muscle, and so on. Hell, I even have a pak now. Your friends are probably just fatties who throw their weight back when they row (doesnt help) or theyre ok and trying hard. Thanks for your input tho.

keep em comin guys, there has to be more
Old 11-19-2005, 10:21 AM #8
jk_6109
What the cashcrop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jef's fries
jk_6109- noice man. Thats a pretty badass win you guys have under your belt. I row for North Allegheny High School. We've came in 1st place for Head of the Ohio, Head of the Speakmon, and Head of the Ohio. Still, i'd imagine the school your rowing for is really good (espescially if you come first in Head of The Charles). What are you hauling for a 2k time?

sphinctar- Thanks for giving every other rower a bad name. They're probably just novices (noobs) who joined the team in the fall. Hell, ever since I've been on the team i've lost wieght, gained muscle, and so on. Hell, I even have a pak now. Your friends are probably just fatties who throw their weight back when they row (doesnt help) or theyre ok and trying hard. Thanks for your input tho.

keep em comin guys, there has to be more
my best 2k so far is 6:53. This year im shooting for high 6:30's, and then maybe 6:20's senior year. But my 6k's arent that good. My best one was last year at a 22:36 as a sophmore, but this year i only got a 22:50 and then it kept on getting slower. I think it is because this year in the fall we had practice every other day and i wouldnt do anything on the off days because i would be affraid of a 6k the next day, and then when the ergs came up i just died. I cant wait for the spring season, we have a pretty solid 1st and second boat.

good luck rowing.

o ya, about the rowers being jerks...the probobly are just novice. Most of the novice this year thought they were soo good. One novice thought that he was better then use because we were doing a 20 minute erg and someone was holding a 1:50. So the novice kid tried to hold a a 1:50 and was only able to get it to a 1:50 for like 3 strokes, and then he was like "o man, im such a good rower." But most of the crew kids i know arent jerks, only some of them...

New & Old Feedback

Old 11-19-2005, 01:07 PM #9
jef's fries
Team 2. Were the ****

jk_6109- aw man u beat me by 2 seconds.... i'm a 6:55 guy. I'm only a novice though. The guy im training with in the summer hold a 1:33 split for his 2k. He's going to harvard. Good luck to you to man.

any more rowers?
Old 11-19-2005, 01:21 PM #10
757pbplayer

i row at Maury high school (we kinda suck). i'm the guys team captain, i row port in our varsity 4. last year we lost our insanely awesome stroke so this spring we are going to suck hardcore. we placed 3rd in our devision at the head of the laffayette but our regular season isnt too impressive we usually place at least top 3 in all of our races but when we usually only race 5 other boats that isnt too great. my erg times suck i usually pull like a 7:20 on a 2k but its ok because our team is more about fun than all that winning nonsense
Old 11-19-2005, 01:49 PM #11
Kewlies
I AM SO KEWL!!1

I row.

Last year my Frosh 8 was second at the NJ State Championship. In our other two medal races we had technical difficulties (in one, a kid caught an ejecting crab, the other a kid jumped his slide). My school is Bishop Eustace Prep if anyone cares.

I'll be a lightweight this year and I'm trying to get my 2k below 7:10 by the spring (i only weigh 140).
Old 11-19-2005, 02:09 PM #12
TemporaryWackypants (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewlies
I row.

Last year my Frosh 8 was second at the NJ State Championship. In our other two medal races we had technical difficulties (in one, a kid caught an ejecting crab, the other a kid jumped his slide). My school is Bishop Eustace Prep if anyone cares.

I'll be a lightweight this year and I'm trying to get my 2k below 7:10 by the spring (i only weigh 140).

Bishop eustace is for noobs.

Seneca 4 life.
(just kidding. All of the lenape schools suck except shawnee.)
Old 11-19-2005, 02:59 PM #13
757pbplayer

we dont have light weight or heavy weight or anything we just have a Varsity boat a JV boat and a novice boat. our school is considered inner city and lets just say rowing isnt the most popular sport. we dont get enough people out for the team to have try outs or anything. so i weigh 135 or so and row in a boat with 3 other guys whose weights vary from as low as me to up to 180ish
Old 11-19-2005, 04:57 PM #14
jk_6109
What the cashcrop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757pbplayer
we dont have light weight or heavy weight or anything we just have a Varsity boat a JV boat and a novice boat. our school is considered inner city and lets just say rowing isnt the most popular sport. we dont get enough people out for the team to have try outs or anything. so i weigh 135 or so and row in a boat with 3 other guys whose weights vary from as low as me to up to 180ish
we dont have a light wieght or a heavy weight division either. Im on the very very edge with of the light weight, 165. we have a pretty light crew though. Next year our heaviest kid is only going to weigh around 180, whle this year a lot of the kids wiegh 210. But weight and erg times have nothing to do with how your boat does. It is mostly based on form, timing, ect. We are very lucky because we have a very good head coach (i think he coached the US national team a while back) as well as very good JV and Novice coaches.

Just wondering, what kind of stuff do you guys use? (boats, oars, ect.)

New & Old Feedback

Old 11-19-2005, 05:43 PM #15
Kewlies
I AM SO KEWL!!1

Vespoli Ultralite shells
C2 Dreissegacker oars (the new ones)
C2 Model C ergs
JL unis
Old 11-19-2005, 09:14 PM #16
jef's fries
Team 2. Were the ****

When we go to races, we take a packed trailer.

Depends on whether events are sculling or sweep based.

Sweep:
boats: Vespoli UL's
oars: Hatchets
ergs: Concept 2 ergometers
uni's: not sure but i think theyre cool-max.

Sculling:
Singles: Van dusens x3, Emacher x2, lots of others i dont know the names of.
Doubles: Hudsons, empachers, others
Quads: Empacher (as seen in the 2000 olympics used by AUS), hudsons, others

We share a boathouse with Robert Morris University. We use eachothers boats way too often.....

Oars: Crokers, Concept 2's (new), and old Concept 2's (i'm selling some of my pb stuff to buy some nice c2's or crokers)

we're pretty fortunate to be able to practice with these day by day.

Do you guys know what events your going to be participating in in the spring???
My school is going to
Lake Mercer Super Sprints/ISA Sculling Championships - Saturday, April 16, 2005 Princeton, NJ

Pittsburgh Sprints - Saturday & Sunday, May 7 & 8, 2005 Moraine State Park

Midwest Scholastic Championships - Saturday & Sunday, May 14 & 15, 2005 Cincinnati, OH

Stotesbury Cup - Friday & Saturday, May 20 & 21, 2005 Philadelphia, PA

US Rowing National Youth Invitationals - Saturday & Sunday, June 11 & 12, 2005 Cincinnati, OH

Last edited by jef's fries : 11-19-2005 at 09:17 PM.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:30 PM #17
Kewlies
I AM SO KEWL!!1

Probably something like this:

Cooper River Sprints 1 & 2
Manny Flicks 1 through 5
NJ State Championships
Mercer Lake Super Sprints
Philly City Championships
Stotesbury Cup Regatta
Nationals @ Saratoga
Old 11-19-2005, 10:48 PM #18
jef's fries
Team 2. Were the ****

We gotaa figure somethin out.. Stotes is a huge event so i wouldnt be surprised if a lot of people went to that event from here. We all gotta wear like... red headbands....or something....
Old 11-19-2005, 11:10 PM #19
jk_6109
What the cashcrop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jef's fries
When we go to races, we take a packed trailer.

Depends on whether events are sculling or sweep based.

Sweep:
boats: Vespoli UL's
oars: Hatchets
ergs: Concept 2 ergometers
uni's: not sure but i think theyre cool-max.

Sculling:
Singles: Van dusens x3, Emacher x2, lots of others i dont know the names of.
Doubles: Hudsons, empachers, others
Quads: Empacher (as seen in the 2000 olympics used by AUS), hudsons, others

We share a boathouse with Robert Morris University. We use eachothers boats way too often.....

Oars: Crokers, Concept 2's (new), and old Concept 2's (i'm selling some of my pb stuff to buy some nice c2's or crokers)

we're pretty fortunate to be able to practice with these day by day.

Do you guys know what events your going to be participating in in the spring???
My school is going to
Lake Mercer Super Sprints/ISA Sculling Championships - Saturday, April 16, 2005 Princeton, NJ

Pittsburgh Sprints - Saturday & Sunday, May 7 & 8, 2005 Moraine State Park

Midwest Scholastic Championships - Saturday & Sunday, May 14 & 15, 2005 Cincinnati, OH

Stotesbury Cup - Friday & Saturday, May 20 & 21, 2005 Philadelphia, PA

US Rowing National Youth Invitationals - Saturday & Sunday, June 11 & 12, 2005 Cincinnati, OH
our team only has sweep boats. We had a sculler that borrowed a boat from a boathouse friend and raced in at for our school. He did really good. I think he placed 1st in every race but the charles, which he didnt row in. Its kind of surprising because freshman through junior year he was a coxswain, but he got to big and thenm started sculling. BUt then he tore his ACL skiing and he didnt row in the spring.

As for sweeps, he have:
2 M2 8s
2 M1 8s
2 Vespoli 8s (not sure exactly what kind)
1 New Vespoli 8 (also not sure the exact model but its about as good as an M1)
1 Old Vespoli 8 (its really heavy, so we make the novice use it)
1 Vespoli 4
1 Quantum 4

For oars we have Vortex oar for varsity and then im not sure what the other ones are.

We had a few other junker boats but we ran out of room in our bay so we sold them to some public school.

For races this spring we are:
April 8 - Kent School - @ Kent, CT

April 15 - Simsbury Invitational - Home

April 22 - Exeter & Andover - Home

April 23 - Chaminade & Brunswick School - Home

April 29 - Quinsigamond Cup - Home

April 30- Niantic River Regatta - @ East Lyme, CT (Novice)

May 3- Shrewsbury, WPS - Home (Novice)

May 6 - Exeter (practice) - Home

May 10 - Shrewsbury & WPS - Home (Novice)

May 13 - St. Paul's School - @ Concord, NH

May 17 - Shrewsbury, WPS, & Exeter - Home (Novice)

May 20 - Salisbury School & Kent School- @ Salisbury, CT

May 24 - Shrewsbury, WPS - Home (Novice)

May 27 - NEIRA Championships - Home

We have most of our races at home since our lake is almost perfect for rowing (it fits almopst exactly 8 lanes, 6 for racing and one on each side for traffic, in the 2k parts which is from one bridge to another, and its about exactly 6k long the whole length of the lake).

New & Old Feedback

Old 11-20-2005, 09:35 AM #20
757pbplayer

we have 2 vespoli 4's and some old ****ty 8 then two other crappy 4's. all of our races are local except one called the occoquan classic in northern VA and one school went to a race in PA last year but we arent good enough to go to races that far away i dont think.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:57 AM #21
youm0nt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemporaryWackypants
Bishop eustace is for noobs.

Seneca 4 life.
(just kidding. All of the lenape schools suck except shawnee.)
i didnt know NJ had rowing.

does xaverian brothers(norwood,massachusetts) have a rowing team?
LIK member #5
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-
O RLY? gtfo now