PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-05-2005, 08:07 AM #1
HitMan187_NY

has been a member for 10 years
I said I would post so here it is so far.

Looks: I have to say that this marker looks 10 times better in person. The marker as a nice look to it sexy is what I would call it. Seeing the picture of it without a VA was kind of not to appealing. After holding the marker and playing with it just the way it is I have to say there is no VA needed.

Fire power: Ok I gassed it up using Co2 1st. Walking the trigger was a cinch I was instantly able to maintain a high rate of fire with no problem at all. I am not able to walk the trigger of my B2K out of the box like I can the RPM or the ION. The halo b is a must for the marker. I have my G/F ION set to the lightest trigger pull and she has trouble getting the marker to ramp. She picked this up and was ripping like I have ever seen her do before.

Shooting Paint: Midnight was the paint used 1st. Eyes worked without flaw no chops. The stock barrel is not bad at all. Ramping is capped at 15 on the highest setting no need for more then that. Everyone stood and watched as this $200.00 marker performed in open play like everything else out there. Seconds paint was used next and there was no drop off in performance that could be picked out by the naked eye. This marker is capable of 19bps maybe more it seemed liked once or twice the Halo B was not keeping up in Semi.

Internals: Things inside the marker look well it is equipped with a QEV the simplicity of the marker reminds me of the ION with just a little better performance. Even with CO2 the regulator was very consistent.

Overall: You canít go wrong for the price. The adjustment of the regulator seems annoying there is a hole in the front of it not sure if a allen wrench goes in their or not I was to anxious to get the marker shooting. So to adjust the pressure the marker had to be de gassed make the adjustment and then put the air back on. Again you may just be able to put something in the hole in the front and turn it but I did not try that as I have it set to where I want it. For those of you who think that you nee to add a VA I found it very light weight and easy to tuck in without the VA as I only use my other hand as a guide to move the marker in the direction of everything I look at so no VA for me is cool. Would it look nice with a chrome regulator and a chrome drop with a stainless freak back sure it will in fact that is my plan but it is not needed.

Conclusion: This is just a quick over view of the marker to let everyone know that you wonít be disappointed if you purchase the marker. Now we all know there are going to be some of these that will not work out of the box. That is the nature of the beast. I have just decided to make this my lead marker and move the rest of mine to the back for a little while. I will have pictures of the electronics so we can see what we can do to this bad boy.

Terry Jenkins

www.urbancombatpaintball.com
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2005, 11:49 AM #2
Juno Trigger

good review dude
Old 11-05-2005, 12:22 PM #3
Double Fish Hook
Nice Jubbies

Hitman- You should post some pics so people can see your set-up. I'd post some of mine if I had a camera. I don't have the VA cut down yet, I've been lazy. Good review though. Did you just shoot the stock barrel or did try any others?
Old 11-05-2005, 12:52 PM #4
Juno Trigger

oh yeah, how effecient was it?
Old 11-05-2005, 02:29 PM #5
Krustee

Maybe others already know...but your review doesn't say what marker is being reviewed.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:41 PM #6
Double Fish Hook
Nice Jubbies

Krustee- The RPM
Old 11-06-2005, 02:13 PM #7
disrupter006

If you wanted to, could you just buy a gas-thru-grip to put on there?
Old 11-06-2005, 02:30 PM #8
brandog

do you like it better than the ion? Or have you played with it?
Old 11-07-2005, 12:32 AM #9
Double Fish Hook
Nice Jubbies

If you want to put a gas thru or a different reg on it you need to get a mini cocker vertical adapter. The threading on the adapter will be to long though so you will have to cut it down some.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:18 AM #10
HitMan187_NY

Thanks Juno. I have not put HPA on it yet don't want to waste it so I am not sure it it is a gas hog or not. It is not gas hog on CO2.

Sorry guys we had a very big weekend at my field so I have been tied up. I tried a few different barrels on it. The stock on shot fine to tell the truth but of course when I put my O.T.P on and was able to match the paint the groupings were very tight, same thing with the freak to. I will get the pics up asap I may be able to work on that today.

My set up is stock nothing changed on it and I like it stock. Yes you can put a gas through on it but you will still need the VA like Fish said and you will need to cut it down. I have put over 3 cases through the gun since Friday and still shooting well. Ok I am sorry there is one little problem C02 will freeze in the blink of an eye...lol.

As far as this marker being better then the ION I would have to say for the price point it is the operation of this marker is closer to a Wrath B2k I personally did not like the ION I bought 15 at the my field to sell they all sold and all came back with issues that was part of the 1st 1000 of the marker so I am sure those issues have been resolved. I can say this though the trigger on this needs know adjustment at all it rips in semi. I think we are working with a 2 way valve here which is the reason for the 19bps max but the funny thing is like I said in the review I think i out shoot my Halo 2 times I have never done that with the ION.

Let me say this for sure though it is still personally preference if you take care of your marker it will take care of you. If you don't have a lot of money to spend I would go with one of these. I may be putting some on Ebay with free shipping I wont do that until the members of my team have them and I know that the marker is solid and that if something goes wrong I can fix it.

I will get pics of the board and the internals ASAP.

Terry Jenkins

Last edited by HitMan187_NY : 11-07-2005 at 06:30 AM.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:42 AM #11
gggplaya
Electronic's Engineer

gggplaya is a Supporting Member
cool stuff. If you need someone to host your pics. I can do it. Just email them to neseth@gmail.com But i don't know if i'm going to go with this or rex's new marker they are being very secretive about. I sorta wanted to buy this for my G/f for christmas. Rex won't be selling till early next year. The rex one looks very similar to this marker except it has a grip.

PBN Feedback 16+
EBAY Feedback 73+
Old 11-07-2005, 10:07 AM #12
disrupter006

So, no co2 use? That sucks and rules out that gun for my purchase.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:39 AM #13
gggplaya
Electronic's Engineer

i'm sure with an anti siphon it'll be just like any other gun. But consider it would be impossible to buy a rebuild seal kit. Because odyssey lacks support in that area. I wouldn't chance it because all the hardware stores around me don't have very many sized orings. And finding the right size could be hard. But we need pics of the solenoid and ram etc... to know.

PBN Feedback 16+
EBAY Feedback 73+
Old 11-07-2005, 07:51 PM #14
HitMan187_NY

Guys I have only used c02 on it I have not used HPA yet so yes you can. YOu should get this for you're G/F she wont be mad that is for sure. It's faster then an ION though..lol

Terry Jenkins

Old 11-07-2005, 08:32 PM #15
disrupter006

You said it freezes in an instant though.

"Ok I am sorry there is one little problem C02 will freeze in the blink of an eye...lol." Sarcasm?

Last edited by disrupter006 : 11-07-2005 at 08:37 PM.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:35 PM #16
gggplaya
Electronic's Engineer

the only thing you can get to run on co2 and consistantly make 15bps runs is a blowback. Because on an electropneumatic, co2 has to go through the solenoid. If the solenoid or hose's blow. You'll have to rebuild.

PBN Feedback 16+
EBAY Feedback 73+
Old 11-07-2005, 08:41 PM #17
gggplaya
Electronic's Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disrupter006
You said it freezes in an instant though.

"Ok I am sorry there is one little problem C02 will freeze in the blink of an eye...lol." Sarcasm?
It freeze's the same as other guns that shoot 15bps. Actually since the reg is on the bottom. This gun will run better then other guns on co2. It has more room to expand on the regulated side. Also you can further add an expansion chamber onto it to really be able to use co2.

PBN Feedback 16+
EBAY Feedback 73+
Old 11-07-2005, 08:44 PM #18
disrupter006

Why would it say it runs on CO2 then? Also, how does the Diablo Wrath run on CO2 so well? Answers now.

EDIT: Did not mean to make that sound so rude, but im not quite sure how to reword it .

Last edited by disrupter006 : 11-07-2005 at 08:49 PM.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:51 PM #19
disrupter006

Can you just buy an expansion chamber and insert it where that microline is? I'm not sure how to replace that but i'm sure my proshop could or you guys could help me. If not , do you HAVE TO HAVE the VA to do that?
Old 11-07-2005, 09:22 PM #20
gggplaya
Electronic's Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disrupter006
Can you just buy an expansion chamber and insert it where that microline is? I'm not sure how to replace that but i'm sure my proshop could or you guys could help me. If not , do you HAVE TO HAVE the VA to do that?
You need a vertical adapter to put an expansion chamber on. And a new hose.

Like i said before, it's not the gun makes it more or less sesceptible to freezing. Freezing is a property of co2. The wrath doesn't run so well on co2. It just can widstand it somewhat better then an ion. Also by the fact that the stock board on most wraths, the bd5, not plus. Have such horrible eye logic, that most owners can't even take it over 9bps. The solenoid on the wrath is built pretty good. And can handle being frozen pretty well. But i personally have had to take one apart and rebuild it for a kid on the field. An oring froze, cracked, and blew. That's co2 for you. Those hoses inside are also prone to freezing and cracking. Again, that's co2. You can run co2 on any gun. But manufacturer's don't like it because of what it does to the guns. All manufacturer's that say they run on co2, also suggest you don't. Just read the indian creek manual, and ion manual. Other manufacturer's say only HPA, because their reg's can't take being frozen, when frozen they creep up in pressure and can blow your solenoid and hose's. Also some have solenoids that you can't rebuild easily, in particular ones that use an air pilot, so they say you can't use co2 on them too.

The wrath can handle co2 because even if you blow it. It's rebuildable.

PBN Feedback 16+
EBAY Feedback 73+

Last edited by gggplaya : 11-07-2005 at 09:29 PM.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:28 PM #21
disrupter006

Maybe i should stick to my TL-X with rocking frame.