PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-11-2005, 08:33 PM #1
Narizo

Narizo is attending Decay of Nations VI
Looking at an NME

Alright right now I currently shoot an automag but am looking to get into speedball pretty heavy and need/want something electronic, I'm not really sure, but what research i've done seems like the nme is a good gun being based off the timmy essentially. On ebay going for 495 brand new.

Just looking for some input, what do you guys think about your guns, obviously gunna be a little biased but, is there anything i should know before I do this? Anything else I'll need to buy specifically? any problems i should be aware of with the stock gun?

Also, cocker threaded I'm assuming?

Thanks
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2005, 09:57 PM #2
44hondaeater
Common Sense > you

has been a member for 10 years
Yeah it's cocker threaded for barrels. Honestly I think it's probably the best bang for your buck as an out of box performer. After getting one I have quite a few people wanting to get one as well. Honestly for the price I don't think you'll find much better. The only downside is there aren't a lot of aftermarket upgrade options specifically for the NME. Mainly they lack in triggers but I love the stock one so it's no big deal. I might get a delrin one just so I could possibly put it on Debounce 1. The only thing I've done to mine was get a CP kit for it and put in a 25 gram switch from WAS. I can't say the gun rips because I have slow fingers but it holds its own.
Coming from a Mag I think you'll be very happy. I used one waaaaaaaay back in the day and I got rid of it as soon as I could.
The only problem I've had is with mine was a velocity issue. I couldn't get it above 285. I just bought an adjustable N2 tank so hopefully that will take care of it. Other than that I've had no problems. The only thing I've had to get used to was going from a shocker to the NME. The shocker shoots a lot flatter trajectory whereas the NME arcs. But the shocker has a ton of kick whereas the NME has next to none. I think it was a good trade-off. But that's just me.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:12 PM #3
Narizo

Red face

Is the arc bad? i mean, is it due to lack of velocity i guess that kinda confuses me, and when you say there is a lack of upgrades is than an issue? i mean b/c if it's a stand up gun already no need to upgrade?

From what I read was possible problems with the feedneck being weak, right now I have an AGD flatline so let me know how the adjustable works and it if helps your problem.

When you say you have slow fingers, does the ramping still rip?

Thanks
Old 11-11-2005, 11:37 PM #4
44hondaeater
Common Sense > you

The arcing isn't due to the lack of velocity, it's that it's such a low pressure operator. Going from 200ish to 50ish operating pressure is quite a change. The arcing just takes some getting used to, that's all.
The feedneck hasn't been a problem for me, but I also lock-tited it when I first got the marker.
I used to use the Flatline N2. Great system the only draw back is the mounting options for it. That drove me nuts. But now I have the ntor duck x-stream. hopefully that'll take care of my little velocity problem. I Like riding as close to 300 as humanly possible.
The ramping still rips. Youd don't have to have fast fingers for that. I was talking about on Semi.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:20 AM #5
Narizo

whats a "25 gram switch from WAS"

sorry haha no idea what im talking about =P
Old 11-12-2005, 10:21 AM #6
pbhoowah
The Shank

I finally shot an NME for the first time last night, GOOD LORD. They're light as hell, I thought my Wrath was light but this is much lighter, comfortable, the owner had it set on a PSP ramping mode that was hitting above 20bps and I was hitting that with one finger not trying. No kick at all, I had my 68/3k on it and I started at 2200psi, after about 5-700 shots I was barely down to 2000psi, HOLY **** THIS GUN IS AWESOME.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:45 PM #7
44hondaeater
Common Sense > you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narizo
whats a "25 gram switch from WAS"

sorry haha no idea what im talking about =P
the trigger switch that makes the gun shoot. It comes stock with an 80 gram.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:52 PM #8
Narizo

So, a lighter pull? or no, but i suppose it's electronic so that can't be right.

so If I could get a new nerve shocker for 600 or this for 495, what would you recommend, beings you've shot owned both?
Old 11-12-2005, 04:19 PM #9
44hondaeater
Common Sense > you

Yup it gives it a lighter pull. Provided you back the magnet all the way out.

Personally I'd go with the NME. Don't get me wrong the Shocker can be quite a performer but you have to upgrade it. At least I think so. The nerve board is ok but chances are you won't be able to use it in a tourney without getting caught. Plus I like being able to adjust dwell and everything through the LED. The stock bolt sucks and the HE isn't much better. I had problems with the max-flo reg so I had to ditch it and get a torpedo reg.
Now the Shocker is lighter but it isn't the comfy. The NME has a better weight distribution so it feels almost as light.
I run a halo on both guns and I recently purchased "The Bone". It's a rechargable battery pack thaat weighs less than the 6 AA pack. That along with the nitro duck tank I have, which is lighter than my other tank, it makes the gun extremely light and even more comfortable than before.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:29 PM #10
Narizo

I forgot to mention that i play back so that seems like the NME is a better choice, did you say you replaced the reg on the nme or your shocker. I'm pretty sure I am going to go with the NME its just the matter when.

Any must have upgrades for the NME?

Thanks

edit: one other thing, can you sorta explain low pressure? Does it matter that I have an hp tank, i also have my flatline , but not sure how low it is adjustable to? or do I not want it low.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:32 PM #11
44hondaeater
Common Sense > you

I replaced the reg on the shocker. My NME reg works great.

For me the only must have upgrade was the trigger switch and a barrel kit. I also dyed the bolt black but that's it. Some people will tell you to get a different feedneck but I've had no problems with mine. You just have to have a little strength to get it tightened down all the way. Some will also say the LPR sucks but there again I've had no problems with mine.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:04 PM #12
Narizo

could you address the part about low pressure, to the best of your knowledge?
Old 11-12-2005, 05:31 PM #13
BaCkLiKeCooKeDcRaCk* (Banned)
Banned

The System X NME is hot!!!!I tried one out at my local paintball store.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:46 PM #14
44hondaeater
Common Sense > you

What do you mean?? Do you mean the operating pressure?? Or do you mean an LP tank??
Old 11-12-2005, 11:48 PM #15
Narizo

more in referance to the operating pressure, you don't need a lp tank to shoot it correct? how will an adjustable tank help with the velocity problem/
Old 11-13-2005, 12:07 AM #16
44hondaeater
Common Sense > you

If your gun is operating properly you should be able to run it at 50-60 psi.

You don't need to use an LP tank but the gun is supposed to work better if you use one.
The NME was designed using an LP tank. Some of us using an HP tank have velocity issues. Mainly it won't chrono above 285. By getting the adjustable tank I can then set the tank to put out around 400psi which should take care of the velocity problem. If it doesn't I'm really going to be irritated.

I have practice next weekend so I'll post sunday evening if the tank took care of my problem. Keep your fingers crossed.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:53 AM #17
powday4me
Infectious Pump, SLC

powday4me plays in the PSP
powday4me owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
powday4me has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
powday4me supports Empire
Narizo,

Get the NME... you won't be disappointed. They are fast, comfortable, and light once you get rid of the stainless hose.

I think I'm starting to like it better than my Shocker.

See Ya,
Justin
Old 11-13-2005, 04:39 PM #18
Narizo

Thanks for the input, def. l00king at finding one as we speak and will probably have one within the week beings im incredible impulsive haha.

Thanks
Old 11-13-2005, 05:18 PM #19
Lilac1-for-the-lot
lol, kitenz

Although, gun maintenance seems a bit on the complex side, moreso than any other high end gun I've seen, really.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:56 AM #20
timid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac1-for-the-lot
Although, gun maintenance seems a bit on the complex side, moreso than any other high end gun I've seen, really.
The recommendation for maintenance is pretty much every 2 cases or so. Since I go through about 1.5 cases every time I play (once a week through the summer), I found myself rebuilding the gun every week. It's a 20-30 minute task that's an extra pain in the *** because I have to remove the front block to get to the poppet.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:35 PM #21
Narizo

Is it a job that is just time consuming? I've only ever worked on spyders and mags, is it a job that can be easily learned on ones own just by taking appart and paying attentions? or will it be hard to put back together>?

Thanks