PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-03-2005, 05:51 PM #1
lildshadow2
using my Ape Technique

Another Icon E setup with upgrades

Hey Im new and have got some great upgrade advice from this forum. Heres my current setup on my Icon E LED:
Icon E LED
14" Dye Ultralite barrel
HALO TSA backman hopper
68 ci 4500 psi HPA

Thats about it as of now. From the site I've learned about the following (my to buy list):
Sweet spot Trigger
T-board ESP spyder w/ eyes
50g switch
a feedneck
supafly bolt

I need to know how much all of this would go for and what is nessisary and what is not. I have feedneck and supafly bolt up on my to by list as maybe because im not sure what they would do for me. The reason i have feedneck there is because the plastic elbow that came with the gun broke in the middle of a game and i bought another similar plastic one but I dont trust it too much.

In a week i am going paintballing and I will closely watch how my gun shoots to determine whether i really need a new trigger, a t-board, and a new switch. Please link me to where I can buy these things (I'd like to buy a number of them at 1 place for less shipping costs)

I also want to know if the t-board upgrades the limit of my 13 bps to 36? I'd also like to know what the "eyes" for the t-board are. I already know that the 50g makes the push into the switch button lighter but is there any lighter? I wanna be able to walk which is pretty much impossible with the stock trigger since it has such a far trigger pull.. In order for me to shoot fast i need to rest my 2 fingers on it and basically move them both together at the same time back and forth. I think with the new trigger and 50g switch will make me shoot lightning fast and make my gun just as good as those top high end guns? But if im shooting a lot faster i might need a new hopper right? And is there any specific reason to get a new bolt? I dont see any logic to it but I dont know much.

Oh and im sorry if this was kinda discussed in other threads but i read as much as my time can give me and I really couldnt get the answers I am looking for. I like to know what I'm buying and know all there is to it. Sorry if this is the 500th time you guys have seen this kind of thread. Btw, with my gun setup that I just recently had (everything besides the HPA) my gun was kickass (which i upgraded from my stock 98c). I think when i play next weekend with my HPA my gun will kick even more ***. I just wanna keep going the next step.

Last edited by lildshadow2 : 11-03-2005 at 06:05 PM. Reason: I left a lot of things out.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2005, 06:14 PM #2
lildshadow2
using my Ape Technique

As for the T-board I see this:
http://www.scenariodreams.com/productpages/esp.htm
Is there anything else I need for the T-board to function? (It says T-board only)
As for the Eyes: Im not sure what they are and how they work. And there is 2 different kinds on that site. As for the neck feed I have not a clue on what to look for or why some are more pricier than others. As for the Bolt I also don't have a clue on why some are more pricier than others and how to choose one.

Summary of what help Im asking for:
1. If thats all i need for the T-board (the link i posted)
2. What are Eyes about and which one would i get?
3. What is so great about feednecks that you would upgrade the one that is already on the icon.
4. Why you would need an upgraded bolt (supafly is one ive seen someone else with so i named it).

Also, for those Icon users. When I shoot the gun without paint or air but when its on and makes the clicking noise, If i shoot pretty fast the low battery light turns red when shooting pretty fast. Is that normal? And will i be able to change modes by using the button if i got the T-board?

Last edited by lildshadow2 : 11-03-2005 at 06:31 PM.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:10 PM #3
lildshadow2
using my Ape Technique

since nobody is looking at this or posting would annyone like to answer some questions on AIM. If so my sn is lildshadow2.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:49 PM #4
neo71665
cockers 4 life

has been a member for 10 years
Nobody has replied because all of your answers are on here. Read some of the posts or do a search when you can. Sorry to come across rude but it gets old answering the same questions over and over.
XSV fan club member #666
custom built cocker
2004 AIM swift body (blue to silver fade), A+ Anno bolt and backblock, CP reg, tickler LPR,MPP ram with QEVs, E2, CP 9 piece barrel kit, MQ valved
hybrid rail,CP on/off
Feedback:http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...9#post18816289
ISO a chrome Shockteck beaver tail/snatch grip, if you know where one is or have one for sell PM me
Old 11-08-2005, 09:33 AM #5
DJDUCKYI

if your low battery light is coming on.. that means ur battery is low buddy.... hahaha go charge it
Donald "the Ninja" Lee #77

DJDUCKYI's Feedback

5% Zephyrpaintball discount code = GO GATORS
Old 11-08-2005, 07:45 PM #6
lildshadow2
using my Ape Technique

ACtually it's entirely charged, if not over charged. "hahaha" you lose.

And I already know what I'm doing to my gun thanks a lot pbnation.com.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:23 AM #7
RobUpNya

you will definitly want to get a trinity t-clamp feed neck and replace the old one, the supafly bolt does just as good as a modified stock bolt...difference is that the stock will give a better seal and less blow back. t-board capps out at 36bps, but spyder and clones i think are limited to like 21-23 bps. plus i don't think it's humanly possible to reach 36bps!!! i never used a dye barrel, but my smart parts all american works great....the halo frontman that i have is the only complaint that i have....it doesn't feed fast enough....i need to upgrade to a faster loader....maybe the halo b.

another thing i would like to do is go low pressure, but i don't know how to go about it....what i would have to change first.

all of this is what i have experienced with my icon.

try to go with an aftermardet bolt with orings to help prevent blowback....

Smart Parts ION - CP clamping feedneck, CP on/off, All American 16" barrel, QEV, CP drop, Rake trigger, Pink body kit, 88/45, Vlocity
Old 11-19-2005, 01:08 PM #8
lildshadow2
using my Ape Technique

What the hell is blowback? Is there a lot to Bolts that I dont know about?
Old 11-19-2005, 03:34 PM #9
RobUpNya

Quote:
Originally Posted by lildshadow2
What the hell is blowback? Is there a lot to Bolts that I dont know about?

blowback is when air comes back up through your feed hole because of bad seals....correct me if i'm wrong any1. but that's what i'm getting with the supafly bolt. i guess i'm getting excessive blowback and it slows the balls coming down my feedneck.

Smart Parts ION - CP clamping feedneck, CP on/off, All American 16" barrel, QEV, CP drop, Rake trigger, Pink body kit, 88/45, Vlocity
Old 11-19-2005, 04:44 PM #10
neo71665
cockers 4 life

Your right about blowback. As for a LP marker don't do it unless you have money to throw away. Its overrated and dosen't help any at all, thats why the trend has started to die down a bit. Otters custom has a pretty good write up on doing it if you still want to but he even says its just a gimmick.
XSV fan club member #666
custom built cocker
2004 AIM swift body (blue to silver fade), A+ Anno bolt and backblock, CP reg, tickler LPR,MPP ram with QEVs, E2, CP 9 piece barrel kit, MQ valved
hybrid rail,CP on/off
ISO a chrome Shockteck beaver tail/snatch grip, if you know where one is or have one for sell PM me
Old 11-19-2005, 05:21 PM #11
lildshadow2
using my Ape Technique

What is wrong with the Icon's stock bolt? does it have blowback?
Old 11-19-2005, 05:47 PM #12
neo71665
cockers 4 life

Nothing really wrong with it if its working. People upgrade most of the time for bragging rights. Others try to find lighter parts in hope to make it faster. Blowback happens when there is not a good fit between the bore and bolt letting the air go where it aint supposed to. It finds the shortest way out, this being the feedneck. In turn it blows the feeding balls back into the hopper screwing with the feed rate of the marker and most of the time causeing a chop.
XSV fan club member #666
custom built cocker
hybrid rail,CP on/off
Old 12-30-2005, 04:40 PM #13
Sparky677
Hehehe I'm a Noob...

I am really enjoying reading up and doing my "homework" and I will probably be annoying all of you as soon as I get really into the whole upgrading thing. I have a Icon LED if you have any good suggestions, shy of "get a new gun" all in good time I will. Thanks ya'll
Old 12-30-2005, 05:37 PM #14
dirka_dirka

o and u said going from 13 to 36 with a t-board, a t-board doesnt shoot 36 its around 20 but its a waste of money unless you get eyes and a halo or an evo2 with a z-board
Old 12-31-2005, 12:21 PM #15
RobUpNya

the t-board is capped at 36bps, but it's not humanly possible to shoot that fast.

Old 01-01-2006, 12:20 PM #16
dirka_dirka

exactly even with a halo ur gona be limited to around 20 bps and why would u want to shoot that fast with a spyder? unless you reduce the level of kick it has or your going to be shooting at birds in the sky
Old 01-01-2006, 12:52 PM #17
neo71665
cockers 4 life

May I suggest a gym membership if you can't hold down a fast shooting blowback? I can understand a ak-47 but the kick on a PB marker aint that bad.
XSV fan club member #666
custom built cocker
hybrid rail,CP on/off
Old 01-03-2006, 09:07 AM #18
Nunekin666
Night Lords

I wouldnt go lighter than 50 g on the switch or youll get a ton of bounce
if you get eyes then you are going to have to do some precise drilling
if you get the Tboard spend the extra cash for the ultra chip, so you have ramping and NXL full auto
the main reason to go to a delrin bolt is less damage to your internals
look into a nightstriker (delrin covered striker)
trigger is a matter of preference
get a spring kit so you can tune your gun perfect, and since youve got HPA get a regulator
TRUST IN CHAOS
My Feedback
Prove your a nonconformist by sending me money for no reason