PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-25-2001, 12:54 AM #1
rukus
burnout.

has been a member for 10 years
we need a flames forum and a general paintball forum.

I play for the --> Reckless Rebels

My Cocker for sale cheap!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-25-2001, 01:04 AM #2
Tony
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
forums

Small Talk is the general forum, as for a flames forum, i will not support that. Flames forums are not for this site. If you want to talk negative about someone, do it on your/their own time.

-
Since this post was originally made a General Paintball forum has been added.
-
Old 02-25-2001, 09:07 AM #3
paintballphreak1
Mind Blowing

i have to agree with tony on this one. i think a flames forum encourages flaming in other forums because it gives that mindset.

Overgrow the world
feedback
Old 02-25-2001, 09:16 AM #4
Ripper
Wiedemann

Flames Forums Suck!!!!!! Don't add them!!! Please..
Old 02-25-2001, 10:58 AM #5
Novak Mark
Member #57 Or Something.

Question for Tony...

So when someone does flame, what will be done about it? I'm not sure simply deleting everything will be adequite, as people will argue they have no 'freedom of speech' or something around those guidelines. I would definately try to form a flames forum, but have it heavily moderated. People need a place where they can just go to tell everyone how much so and so sucks. Or how they got ripped off by Paintball gear.

Just my input
Old 02-25-2001, 02:32 PM #6
Privateer
moi > toi

Privateer is a Supporting Member
We discussed a flames forum at length and decided it was not in the best interest of the tone and sense of community we are trying to promote here.

If you have a problem with someone personally, then that's something you need to take up with them in private. The public boards are not the place for that. If you can have an intelligent disagreement about something, then that's fine. If it degenerates to "you suck!" "no you suck!" then obviously that doesn't belong in the public areas. If it's going to be juvenile, and counter productive, then please take that attitude elsewhere. Personal attacks will be dealt with on a case by case basis.

If you have a problem with a particular product or service that you feel you've been ripped off by, then by all means post. Keep it intelligent and honest, and I don't think anyone here has a problem with that. Different opinions about products and services in the paintball community is why we are all here. To hear what other people have to say.

Be nice to each other. Remember, it's paintball. It's supposed to be fun. If you're getting so worked up over something someone says here about the sport we all enjoy so much, then take a deep breath and count to 10 (or 20 or 30 as the case may be), and then post.

Have fun. Play fair.

later
andy

September 11, 2001. Never forget. Never forgive.
Old 02-26-2001, 04:57 PM #7
sperm1369
Never Forget-POW MIA

sperm1369 is a Supporting Member
Yes it is Paintball and how many of us talk smack on the field its all in fun, I can see If someone became sexist or rascist, But if we had some good moderators in a flames forum that could be kept to a minimum and if there was a set, set of rules saying what and what is not allowed and someone posted something that was against the rules There profile could be suspended or terminated

My .02 cents

Josh
Old 02-26-2001, 05:22 PM #8
hiaseas
Tool

leave the flames at pbc
Old 02-26-2001, 05:33 PM #9
Privateer
moi > toi

Privateer is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by sperm1369
Yes it is Paintball and how many of us talk smack on the field its all in fun, I can see If someone became sexist or rascist, But if we had some good moderators in a flames forum that could be kept to a minimum and if there was a set, set of rules saying what and what is not allowed and someone posted something that was against the rules There profile could be suspended or terminated

My .02 cents

Josh
There will be no flames forum. It is the one thing we are pretty dead-set on. I'm sorry you feel the need for one. Flame forums, regardless of the diligence of the moderator, always degenerate to general mayhem, name calling, and personal insults. This is not the atmosphere we are trying to promote here. You can have an intelligent disagreement with someone in the topic forum. That is fine. We won't always agree on things. That's the way humans are. The trick is to remain civil and respectful of the person you are disagreeing with. We will not lock or delete a thread that is an intelligent discussion or disagreement as long as it remains respectful. Having a place set aside for "flames" is contradictory to that belief. If you can't have an intelligent disagreement, then it needs to be taken private, or taken elsewhere.

Trash talking on the field is a whole different subject that I won't get into here.

later
andy

September 11, 2001. Never forget. Never forgive.