Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-27-2005, 01:43 AM #64
bravo2

LOl,When I first played it was like around 93 or 94 when they were tipmann pumps and 98 were just oout for little while I think. We played woodsball and plyed like4 different games that day whish i could remember what they all were. One was capture the flag,one was like a football teaming off with some cover places in the field think its what sppedball came from to me same idea basically,one was just find and take cover and take each other out in the woods,name?. I had a blast,just now getting into it and man is it expensive. So far bought 98c and prostock 2k4,looking at a sim4 as well. Right now I got 32 acres of woods and 2 fields so got the room to play. I have never played anything else and will try speedball but sure looks like a lot of wasted paint from what I seen,don't mind the speed of the game but man 15+ pbs and up is overkill cause we had a young kid back then who had a setup that was superfast to our tipmans and was like not evan playing just cause he could through so much paint at you,lol. I am ahunter and very comfortable witht he woods,lol. Like a number,thanks.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-27-2005, 02:41 PM #65
crazypaint121
dude ur gettin a tippmann

yo hook me up w/ the next available number

i shoot a tippy 98 custom w/ response, (which i might be selling to get a A-5)

i just tryed speedball 4 the first time and i really dont like it

i noticed that they (the speedball junkies) overshoot you A LOT and are really bad sportsmen.

just what i think...
Pump Gun Pimp #55 ~ Official Pump Gun Fan

NME IS BACK!!!!

LOOKIN FOR A TIBERIUS 8
Old 11-28-2005, 08:03 PM #66
ZimMonkey
AKA Addict

has been a member for 10 years
Sorry, but this is a little off topic. I dont want to hijack this thread...

I'm part of a woodsball team in Fresno, CA and we are looking for another team/group of people to play/practice with. We are willing to travel around the San Joaquin Valley. If anybody is interested, please contact me and we'll work something out.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:03 PM #67
polaris_for_life
giggedy,giggedy,giggedy

I live in maine we are like still 70% woods and the closest sb feild is like 45 miles away ive never really played sb but to me crouching around in ferns and small trees occasionally having to wade across a shallow brook and not having to use a hopper and 6 pods is better so count be in i guess
Old 11-30-2005, 05:47 PM #68
neubs

I don't understand why Tippmanns rule the woods. They are long and heavy, making them a pain to run around with all day. I think Automags are the way to go. They are small, fast, and light with the ULE frame. Mags have no mechanical parts exposed, and are very reliable.

I like woods because it is a cheap way to play and it is still fun. Speedball dumps all the paint in a few minutes that woods play can stretch out for hours. I can't afford to play speedball all the time.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:03 PM #69
polaris_for_life
giggedy,giggedy,giggedy

^^^^^amen to that especially a nice day long match say from like 10 am to 4-5 pm just pack half case paint mabey an extra tank 2-3 pods for heated ''fire fights''(when you have like 5-6 people all shooting at each other with all them trees your bound to hit a ton of wood)and a load of snacks(preferably quiet snacks with no crinckly plastic wrappers)man them day longs really wear you out
Old 12-03-2005, 07:24 PM #70
tippmannteran
TEXAS OWNS

i love woodsball and i would probably like scnerio if ther were any in texas
but i guess u could count me in
Old 12-03-2005, 07:58 PM #71
supermonkey

hmm..I love woodsball. And I love camoflauge. I wear german flectar and shoot an RT a-5 with a flatline. And the best thing ever is when the tourney players with their bright jerseys come out for a game in the woods. heehee.....
Old 12-03-2005, 09:27 PM #72
MoshinGuitarist

Woodsball is great in so many ways, in 2 weeks me and some buddies are going to camp out in the woods and have 2 base camps and set up 2 teams. and there will be night raids and all kinds of things. I dont think you can do that in speedball
Old 12-03-2005, 10:18 PM #73
ZimMonkey
AKA Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoshinGuitarist
Woodsball is great in so many ways, in 2 weeks me and some buddies are going to camp out in the woods and have 2 base camps and set up 2 teams. and there will be night raids and all kinds of things. I dont think you can do that in speedball

I have always wanted to do something,ike that, but I cant find very many people that are willing to go...
Old 12-05-2005, 03:23 PM #74
Nafertikus

Count me in

I just love the feeling you get when you see the backs of the enemy, and knowing that the only way you got there was through those prickly bushes... It makes me feel like a real life Rambo haha
Old 12-05-2005, 04:16 PM #75
POP-POP
Rusty Spoons

Whats sucks is when you have a team of 5 wit tips and another team of 5 guys with full auto and ur all pinned behind a 30 foot long pile of stack twigs and your almost out of balls and your the one how has to run to get more after 3 hours of intense battle and one kid out cuz he "cant feel his arm"... lets just say i got my a** shot the f**** off

May '06 Diablo Marker of the Month

No Pain, No Game.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:31 PM #76
Yucko The Clown
OMG LEFT TURN!!! - nascar

OMG!!! FULL AUTOS!!!!!!11!!!1111!!!! OMGz0rZ dude its the player not the gun. 90% skill, 10% gun
Old 12-05-2005, 07:14 PM #77
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is a Moderator
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is playing at Living Legends VII
Castro #66 supports Bob Gurnsey
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Castro #66 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by neubs
I don't understand why Tippmanns rule the woods. They are long and heavy, making them a pain to run around with all day...
I've had every Tippmann made in the last 5 years (at least...) minus that new C3, and I don't think any of them are heavy in the least. In fact, they're lighter than the Proto I had, and my DM4's loaded up. I still prefer my Olive DM4, though, because its so much quieter, recoil-less and I'm much more used to it now.

Old 12-06-2005, 12:02 PM #78
mrgrunt
Knarf

Hey count me in....though I do play an occasional speedball game with my pumps or 98, I prefer the woods, and element of suprise..........my primary marker is a Sniper pump, I also have a Hammer pump, and a M98 that the first mod was an olive drab paintjob....so yeah, give me a number!!!
Pump Gun Pimp #34!!
*Woodsballers Anonymous* member #47
"He who has imagination without education has wings but not feet." Unknown
"Quick, act like you're unimportant; maybe they're low on paint."
My Feedback
Old 12-06-2005, 12:32 PM #79
MikeM

MikeM is a Supporting Member
Woodsball is paintball as it was intended to be played. It's a chance to return to your childhood when you played 'guns' and argued about who got who first. The difference now is there's a way to see who got who first.

Woodsball ruled when paintball was played by guys who played with honor (no true woodsballer would ever 'wipe'). You could leave your equipment in the staging area and never worry about it not being there when you got back. Between games there was comraderie and 'war stories' rather than trash talk.

Woodsball ruled when speedball was just being introduced as a sort of 'side show' offered as a little diversion to watch between the real games at paintball tournaments (which were, of course, played in the woods).

Paintball would not be played today if not for it's woodsball 'roots'.

I personally play with a mech cocker these days, but will occasionally break out my old sterling pump if I'm feeling particularly nostalgic
Old 12-06-2005, 12:51 PM #80
glaman5266

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM
Woodsball is paintball as it was intended to be played. It's a chance to return to your childhood when you played 'guns' and argued about who got who first. The difference now is there's a way to see who got who first.

Woodsball ruled when paintball was played by guys who played with honor (no true woodsballer would ever 'wipe'). You could leave your equipment in the staging area and never worry about it not being there when you got back. Between games there was comraderie and 'war stories' rather than trash talk.

Paintball would not be played today if not for it's woodsball 'roots'.
I couldn't have said it any better myself. With the popularity of speedball, honor within the sport is extremely hard to find. Not all speedballers are dishonorable, but the very few that are honorable are almost negated in that area of the sport, which is wrong.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:39 PM #81
Randy
Should be flying...

I'm all for woodsball. It just seems more natural for me. Running around the bush, stealth, element of surprise, huge games, the different style of tactics, gmrs radios w/ headsets, oh man I could go on forever.

Setup
Tippmann A5 :: DeadlyWind Wisper + Freak Kit :: PE 68/4500 :: OPSGEAR G36 Folding Stock

Feedback
Old 12-06-2005, 02:43 PM #82
paintball41592 (Banned)

Exclamation

i would like to join your group i love woodsball cuz of all the tactics you need to play just to sneak around and all! thanks
Old 12-06-2005, 07:20 PM #83
matrixxma1096

yo count me in Though i do enjoy speedball Ive benn playing woodsball for much longer and love it!!. just the feel of me in my guily suit and watching the other team walk right infront of me COUNT ME IN
Old 12-07-2005, 10:02 AM #84
glaman5266

For those of you wondering where spade914 is, he will be updating the list soon. I got in contact with him and he said he just hasn't had the time to do it. Just letting the curious ones know.