Run Thru Ninja

has been a member for 10 years
HostileIntent owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Avanlanche, Dynasty, and BMX on TV!

From
Warped Sportz :

MIRRA, STARS OF BMX MEET UP WITH STARS OF AVALANCHE FOR EXPN TV SHOW
Dave Mirra, Ryan Nyquist, and the superstars of BMX rode into San Diego
and met up with Rocky Cagnoni, Chris Lasoya, and the superstars of paintball on May 21.The days activity was filmed as part of the "lifestyle" segment for The Dave Mirra Pro BMX Bike Tour, a show Mirra is currently filming for the EXPN network. The show features nearly a dozen of the best BMX riders in the World, traveling the country in tour bus and riding at various skateparks. The show will also feature riders engaging in various "lifestyle" activities, such as paintball and dune-buggy racing.
Mirra and his crew arrived at JT USA and watched Cagnoni, LaSoya, Ed Poorman, Travis Lemanski, and Todd Martinez of Team Avalanche battle it out with Chuck Hendsch and members of JT Dynasty on the Scramball field set up behind JT Headquarters.
After watching, the BMX riders were divided into two teams, one matched up with Dynasty, and one matched up with Avalanche. Each group went to one end of the field, and talked strategy.
The BMX Riders then battled each other in paintball mayhem for three games. A standout performance was put in by Ryan Nyquist of the Avalanche coached team. After taking lots of tips from his personal instructor Rocky Cagnoni, Nyquist looked like veteran tournament player sliding into bunkers and taken out several players by himself.
"I think this went very well," said Dan Napoli, Director of marketing and Promotions for Avalanche and Warped Sportz. "All the riders seemed to really enjoy themselves, which will hopefully transfer into good TV footage, which means a large portion of this event will air. There was some great interaction also between guys like Rocky and Ryan. This will help people in other sects of the action sports world see paintball’s not backwoods stuff. There’s a pro circuit with highly skilled and charismatic athletes like Rocky and LaSoya."
The paintball event will be featured as part of the third episode of the Dave Mirra Pro BMX Bike Tour television series. It will air on ESPN on 6/26 at 6:00pm PST and 6/27 at 12:00pm. It can also be seen on ESPN2 on 6/30 at 7:30am, 7/6 at 10:30pm, 10/10 at 2:30pm.

*1ne

"you gotta get that money no matter how you do... secret inditement ****, right thur"

Last edited by HostileIntent : 06-07-2001 at 07:27 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2001, 10:35 PM #2
strubbe
Team Predator Young Blood

W0t! Yeah haha, I heard about this awhile ago at www.bmxboard.com
Bruce Crisman gets gogged, and all the pros got their own custom jerseys... I bmx, and im more interested in the riding aspects of the dave mirra pro bmx tour, but i have to say that the paintball addition is pretty damn cool. Here's a pic of Crisman: http://expn.go.com/bmx/mirratour/200...y/socal/8.html
Check out the rest of the gallery too, it has some pretty sweet riding.
Old 06-12-2001, 01:05 PM #3
bluetygerdan
Car-FoniX

sucks I live out in the middle of nowhere and don't have ESPN
Old 07-07-2001, 02:59 AM #4
rotorhead

well don't worry, so far it has not been on, damn ESPN chumps! I checked the listings and it is supposed to be 2am EST! So as 12 MST rolls around I will see if it is actually on and post a review for those who may want to catch it next showtime
Old 07-08-2001, 07:34 AM #5
Devaut
God.

Devaut is a Supporting Member
i saw it, it was good, hell i saw it like a week ago, i laughed at the paintball action, it was good to see other people um...

it was good
Old 07-12-2001, 05:05 PM #6
~Backdraft~
Team Backdraft

I saw that too, that will do a lot of good for our sport I think.

Automag p/f
Lapco
88ci crossfire
Red CP d/f
Dye 2x
Old 07-12-2001, 05:31 PM #7
XspyX
Team Backdraft

I like it
Old 07-18-2001, 09:56 AM #8
Meph

Meph is a Supporting Member
Sorry, but 2am will do almost no good for the sport. Sure it promotes safety... but to insomnia-suffering zombies.

If anything, we need something on TV promoting the sport in it's true sense (barrel plugs/condoms, masks, rules, saftey) on an earlier time around 8-10 pm. This way, we show this to the people we WANT to show it to, the soccer moms. At 2am, only people up are people that already know about what it shows. And that's not important.

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
And my newest Sponsor.... Charmin!
Old 07-19-2001, 12:25 PM #9
VooDoo_Weazel
J Cro the mook

VooDoo_Weazel is a founding member
VooDoo_Weazel plays in the PSP
VooDoo_Weazel plays in the APPA D2 division
it wasn't just on at 2 am, it was on in the early afternoon and around 6-7, not late at all...it was on numerous times, actually.

it was a bunch of newbies with angels running around shooting each other for about 2 minutes, quite stupid...
TMG OUTLAWS
Old 07-23-2001, 04:42 AM #10
p8ntguykenny
Them!!! Not my ***!!!

I tuned in at everytime, and I never saw it. Every time I turned to ESPN (and ESPN 2... I have two TVs and at every scheduled time, I set each one to ESPN and ESPN2) they were showing something on football or baseball. Just like the other guy said, 2 a.m. does no good to the sport. As far as I know... it was NOT on. And yes, I know it was PST, but I live in cali, so there was no time issue. BUST!!!