PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-04-2005, 11:36 PM #1
ratattack06 (Banned)
Wilford Brimley

"Erin Brockovich" Kind of Stuff.

ok for all of you that have seen the Erin Brockovich movie or know about her, you know what im talking about, for all of you who don't, i'm not getting into the details research her or the movie yourself.

Here is my "Erin Brockovich" kind of problem, many years ago there was a gas station in my town that one or so of its huge underground tanks ruptured and spilled gas into the bedrock and watershed in my area. Now almost 8 or so years later many kids are being diagnosed with cancer. Specifically Brain Cancer. So far there are 6 or 7 kids that I can think of (may be more, cant think of all the people right now) that have brain cancer. 3 are inoperable and 1 has already died. The kid that died was one of my best friends. I'm not sure if the cancer diagnoses are related to the gas spill but it's just really weird.

What should I think or do about this situation? should I just take it as a bad*** coincidence or should I talk to the town board or something and try to get them to get people to test the water and all that sciencey stuff?

Last edited by ratattack06 : 10-05-2005 at 10:26 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2005, 11:37 PM #2
olio (Banned)
God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratattack06
talk to the town board or something and try to get them to get people to test the water and all that sciencey stuff?
Old 10-04-2005, 11:41 PM #3
sublimize24
SUB-limize.

sublimize24 helped look for balloons
sublimize24 supports Team VICIOUS
sublimize24 is an NCPA player
sublimize24 plays in the APPA beginner division
Unless you live in some bum **** town, I'm guessing the EPA or the FBI is all over it.
2004 Audi A4, USP MT6
www.allpaintballsupplies.com
Old 10-05-2005, 10:27 AM #4
ratattack06 (Banned)
Wilford Brimley

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublimize24
Unless you live in some bum **** town, I'm guessing the EPA or the FBI is all over it.
nah i'm not im a bum**** town, it's actually quite populated for a small town. but it doesn't seem that the epa is doing anything. they're just sitting around with their thumbs up their ***** oblivious to the problem.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:31 AM #5
MadPSIence
umad ^_^

light a match, problem solved

Old 10-05-2005, 11:14 AM #6
Jmacca

has been a member for 10 years
Funny you mention that.

One of the small communities next to my town use to have a landfill and what not, anyways they found out like 3 years after the landfill closed that the wells were all poisoned by the dump and some levels were making everyone get cancer and some other disease.

So the "community" sewed the town for soooo much now everyone gets like 3000$ a month, plus free town water

http://pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=605884
Old 10-05-2005, 11:29 AM #7
sharples

sharples is a founding member
call the EPA or the NY Department of Environmental Conservation. The only thing with these cases though, is they're very difficult to prove, and usually takes a LONG time and a lot of money, often times it depends on whos the got most money to hire the best lawyers. You can of course get the media on your side, that'll draw attention to the case.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:47 PM #8
ratattack06 (Banned)
Wilford Brimley

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharples
call the EPA or the NY Department of Environmental Conservation. The only thing with these cases though, is they're very difficult to prove, and usually takes a LONG time and a lot of money, often times it depends on whos the got most money to hire the best lawyers. You can of course get the media on your side, that'll draw attention to the case.
true true. its just really odd this situation with the cancer and whatnot. All of the cancer kids (sounds like a paintball team name) are between the ages of 15 and 18 and all have the same type of inoperable brain cancer. All of these cases came up really quickly, like out of nowhere BOOM cancer. I think ill call the local newspaper and the news.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:08 PM #9
Big P
ZERO TOLERANCE

Big P is a Moderator
Big P is a Supporting Member
Big P donated to help Peyton Trent
Big P supports Bob Gurnsey
Big P supports our troops
Often it takes a person like you or Erin to set things in motion. Its hard to prove such things now though. You leave yourself open for attacks from all sorts of people the moment you point a finger.

If it works, take it apart and find out why.

I do not take PMs in regards to duties as a Mod. Please post all questions about this subject to the TTMA section.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:24 PM #10
PAC
Texas Pete Lover

PAC supports Sherwood Forest
PAC has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PAC has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PAC has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
PAC has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratattack06
ok for all of you that have seen the Erin Brockovich movie or know about her, you know what im talking about, for all of you who don't, i'm not getting into the details research her or the movie yourself.

Here is my "Erin Brockovich" kind of problem, many years ago there was a gas station in my town that one or so of its huge underground tanks ruptured and spilled gas into the bedrock and watershed in my area. Now almost 8 or so years later many kids are being diagnosed with cancer. Specifically Brain Cancer. So far there are 6 or 7 kids that I can think of (may be more, cant think of all the people right now) that have brain cancer. 3 are inoperable and 1 has already died. The kid that died was one of my best friends. I'm not sure if the cancer diagnoses are related to the gas spill but it's just really weird.

What should I think or do about this situation? should I just take it as a bad*** coincidence or should I talk to the town board or something and try to get them to get people to test the water and all that sciencey stuff?
you mean that one where Julia Roberts showed a bunch of cleavage? what does that have to do with gas and bedrock

Old 10-05-2005, 01:25 PM #11
Big P
ZERO TOLERANCE

Big P is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAC
you mean that one where Julia Roberts showed a bunch of cleavage? what does that have to do with gas and bedrock
You like her boobs and missed the whole story. If so, google her name, not Julia's and read about it some.

I do not take PMs in regards to duties as a Mod. Please post all questions about this subject to the TTMA section.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:28 PM #12
PAC
Texas Pete Lover

PAC supports Sherwood Forest
PAC has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PAC has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PAC has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
PAC has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big P
You like her boobs and missed the whole story. If so, google her name, not Julia's and read about it some.
all I saw was like 90 mins of the inside halves of Julia Roberts' milkmakers...sorry

Old 10-05-2005, 01:32 PM #13
Big P
ZERO TOLERANCE

Big P is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAC
all I saw was like 90 mins of the inside halves of Julia Roberts' milkmakers...sorry
Its ok son. I understand. Its hard to not be pulled away by those things. Long story short. She took on a big company that had been poisoning the water supply of a small town tried to cover it up and won. Pretty good movie.

Old 10-05-2005, 01:37 PM #14
Statutory Ape (Banned)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAC
Hahahahhahahahahahahaha!!
Old 10-05-2005, 01:41 PM #15
MadPSIence
umad ^_^

Strike Le Match

Old 10-05-2005, 02:15 PM #16
Tigress
Rawr.

Annual Supporting Member
Tigress is a Moderator
Tigress is a Supporting Member
Tigress supports Cereal Killerz 2
Tigress donated to help Peyton Trent
Tigress supports Bob Gurnsey
Tigress supports our troops
Even if someone has reported it before it won't hurt to do it again. Call your local/regional EPA office and let them know. About a week after you call send the EPA office, your mayor and/or city rep, and your governor a letter. Include your local news people, too, if you want. The more people you inform the better. If that doesn't work, write a petition. It requires work, but its worth it.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:27 PM #17
nwestpballer
RugbyDept.com

I may not even be related. People tried saying that big transformers cause brain tumors in kids even though there is no scientific evidence. It's a strange coincidence, but sometimes these "cancer/tumor hubs" show up from time to time.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:29 PM #18
dharrison

dharrison is a Supporting Member
Yeah, do it and make a movie about it. But sell the story off to Hollywood for Erin Brokivich 2.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:48 PM #19
ratattack06 (Banned)
Wilford Brimley

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharrison
Yeah, do it and make a movie about it. But sell the story off to Hollywood for Erin Brokivich 2.
sounds like a plan. would any of you see it?
Old 10-05-2005, 02:57 PM #20
dholmblad

In the movie Erin Brockovich the actor wore a T-shirt from my high school (oakton)
Old 10-05-2005, 08:58 PM #21
ratattack06 (Banned)
Wilford Brimley

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAC