So, I have about 4 days untile we put my dog to sleep :( - Page 5 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-05-2005, 05:10 PM #85
Paintballfool21
 
 
Paintballfool21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: WV
 has been a member for 10 years
Paintballfool21 supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTLA999
P8ntCheck is a prime example of an immature child who purchases a dog that he cannot in any way take care of. He chose an aggressive breed of dog, and even though he knows this, he complains now that the dog is showing aggressive behavior. Now that he or his family cannot live with their naive decision, they are going to put the dog down.

FYI idiot, you need to train the dogs when they are young. You can't start now. Don't come here looking for pity when you make stupid choices. You do not have to put the dog down, your family simply doesn't want to deal with their decision so they are going to try and get rid of it. And you can't build a fence that the dog cannot get out of? It's not hard to do.

People like you should not be allowed to own dogs. Go ahead and put it to sleep, it wouldn't be happy living with you anyways, moron.
Agreed
__________________
Live free or die

Miami Heat | Miami Dolphins | West Virginia Mountaineers

'11 WRX
Paintballfool21 is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2005, 05:13 PM #86
Paintballfool21
 
 
Paintballfool21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: WV
 has been a member for 10 years
Paintballfool21 supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGates13
I hope that the next time you beat your dog it turns on you and shreds your face with it's teeth. Dumb *** animal abuser.
It's not animal abuse you ****ing retard. It's called training. Stop posting here and go play with your dogs nuts.
__________________
Live free or die

Miami Heat | Miami Dolphins | West Virginia Mountaineers

'11 WRX
Paintballfool21 is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 06:45 PM #87
MaTtBoy-II
ohai thar
 
MaTtBoy-II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Vancouver, BC
 has been a member for 10 years
Why is your dog being punished for your family's stupidity and being raised poorly? Discipline your ****ing dog. Any breed of dog is taimable, you just have to know what you're doing. People like you shouldn't be allowed to own dogs.
__________________
"Originally posted by elTwitcho
You have taught me all I know and have made me the wise man which you see before you today MaTtBoy, Thankyou."
"Originally posted by SecretAsianMan
You truly are the funniest poster on ST MaTt."
"Originally posted by SquirrelMaster
You are my master, MaTtBoy."
That's a negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

Last edited by MaTtBoy-II : 10-05-2005 at 06:50 PM.
MaTtBoy-II is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 07:10 PM #88
blaze9489
 
 
blaze9489's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: -908-NJ-
Don't do it. It's as simple as that. Walk the dog when she needs to go outside and keep her in the house the rest of the time. It's really not as bad as it sounds with the whole keeping her inside thing.
blaze9489 is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 07:27 PM #89
CPTLA999
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiu-Jitsu Fighter
Immature huh? At least he can read. He said they have tried trianing him. And the way it sounded he tried when it was a pup. And boxers arent naturally aggressive. Besides like p8ntgurl said their temper you cant change. That is why alot of people are so anti-rot. Because one day they sometimes they just snap.

My friend had a rott he had raised from a pup. He had it trained when it was pretty young. One day it snapped and attacked him. Luckily he had the electric fence collar on the dog and the remote in his pocket. He started shocking it and the dog let go. And it did it two other times after that. But after that first one he always carried that remote with him. And the next other two times she tried it he shocked her. Now she is afraid to bite him because she gets shocked.

But I wish I was as smart as you. A fence a dog cant get out of. Yeah because I have never seen a dog dig under a fence to get out .

But people like you shouldn't post on forums. So go ahead and leave, you wouldnt be happy getting flamed all the time anyway.

Ok kid, there is a difference between the word "Temper" and "temperment", in case you didn't know.

Bulldogs/pitbulls, are more aggressive dogs than other breeds. Sorry that I need to explain this to you.

If he tried training the dog, and it still attacks, he didn't properly train the dog. Shut up, you're dumb.
CPTLA999 is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 07:28 PM #90
paintball hayes
 
 
paintball hayes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
probly too late but what i would do is let the dog run around the lake and jsut let it go
if people ask: it ran away
paintball hayes is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 07:30 PM #91
p8ntgurl
Like Tick, Tick
 
p8ntgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Deltona, FL
p8ntgurl is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
p8ntgurl donated to help Peyton Trent
p8ntgurl supports Bob Gurnsey
Although the Bulldogs appearance can be somewhat intimidating, it is among the gentlest of dogs. Just the same it will see off any intruder, and few would risk a close encounter with a dog brave enough to bait a bull. It is described as a very affectionate and dependable animal, gentle with children, but known for its courage and its excellent guarding abilities. Bulldogs are very much a peoples dog seeking out human attention and loving every bit it can get!!

I'm sorry, what did you pretend to know?
__________________
Ad astra per aspera

Maybe it's not my weekend
But it's gonna be my year
p8ntgurl is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 07:33 PM #92
StrangeOne
Gore Red
 
StrangeOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: My computer desk
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball hayes
probly too late but what i would do is let the dog run around the lake and jsut let it go
if people ask: it ran away
The problem with that is skimping out on responsibility. You can't just ditch an animal because things aren't going well. It could also attack other people, if they get a chance to ask.
__________________
"No horse gets anywhere until he is harnessed. No stream or gas drives anything until it is confined. No Niagara is ever turned into light and power until it is tunneled. No life ever grows great until it is focused, dedicated, disciplined."
-Harry Emerson Fosdick
StrangeOne is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 07:34 PM #93
MaTtBoy-II
ohai thar
 
MaTtBoy-II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Vancouver, BC
 has been a member for 10 years
Well p8nt, you just further strengthened CPTLA999's argument that he is a bad trainer. Due the dogs 'puppy hood' experiences, it has become aggressive. It was trained and raised badly, and the dog SHOULD NOT be punished for that.

His family have turned a "gentle" breed of dog into a little ***** (pun intended).
__________________
"Originally posted by elTwitcho
You have taught me all I know and have made me the wise man which you see before you today MaTtBoy, Thankyou."
"Originally posted by SecretAsianMan
You truly are the funniest poster on ST MaTt."
"Originally posted by SquirrelMaster
You are my master, MaTtBoy."
That's a negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.
MaTtBoy-II is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 07:42 PM #94
p8ntgurl
Like Tick, Tick
 
p8ntgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Deltona, FL
p8ntgurl is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
p8ntgurl donated to help Peyton Trent
p8ntgurl supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTtBoy-II
Well p8nt, you just further strengthened CPTLA999's argument that he is a bad trainer. Due the dogs 'puppy hood' experiences, it has become aggressive. It was trained and raised badly, and the dog SHOULD NOT be punished for that.

His family have turned a "gentle" breed of dog into a little ***** (pun intended).

It's never too late to train a dog to behave. But even gentle dog breeds can have agressive dogs born into them, regardless of how they're trained. But I agree the dog shouldn't be punished and even offered to take the dog in. My point though is CPTLA shouldn't go around talking about dog breeds he knows nothing of, it'd be like me giving advice on raising poodles
__________________
Ad astra per aspera

Maybe it's not my weekend
But it's gonna be my year
p8ntgurl is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 07:49 PM #95
MaTtBoy-II
ohai thar
 
MaTtBoy-II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Vancouver, BC
 has been a member for 10 years
I understand.

I also completely agree with you about it not being too late to train a dog.

My best friend and his family have had a Boxer named Jakey for 8 years. About a year or so ago they rescued a female boxer named Miya from some pound in the US. They found her on the internet, she was due to be put down, and was less than a year old.

She pee'ed and crapped all over the house, attacked other dogs, jumped and play bit anyone she saw, barked madly when the door bell rang or anyone came over, ate Jakey's food and attempted to kill their cat whenever she had the chance.

She is now one of the most playful and freindliest dogs I have ever met and is 'respectful' to all other dogs and people.


FYI: It is a known fact that female dogs tend to take 1 to 2 years longer to settle down than male dogs. They remain puppies until around the age of 3 or 4.
__________________
"Originally posted by elTwitcho
You have taught me all I know and have made me the wise man which you see before you today MaTtBoy, Thankyou."
"Originally posted by SecretAsianMan
You truly are the funniest poster on ST MaTt."
"Originally posted by SquirrelMaster
You are my master, MaTtBoy."
That's a negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.
MaTtBoy-II is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 07:49 PM #96
CPTLA999
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntgurl
It's never too late to train a dog to behave. But even gentle dog breeds can have agressive dogs born into them, regardless of how they're trained. But I agree the dog shouldn't be punished and even offered to take the dog in. My point though is CPTLA shouldn't go around talking about dog breeds he knows nothing of, it'd be like me giving advice on raising poodles
I don't really care what you think.

It's never too late to train a dog to behave.. Sure, however, as a dog ages it becomes much more difficult to successfully train the animal.

Pitbulls and bulldogs are known to be of aggressive natures. You have the right to your own opinion. The breed is affectionate towards children, most of the time, if trained properly. The dogs are standoffish and aggressive towards strangers. HMM, sound like whats going on here?

Have you ever owned a bulldog? Have you ever owned more than one?

I'm almost getting the vibe that you feel the thread starter has done everything he can do. That he will never be able to change the dogs temperment. I'm sure the dog has never received proper training. If the dog does not get adequate exercise, he will act out also.
For the topic starter,http://www.rescuebulldogs.org/.

Last edited by CPTLA999 : 10-05-2005 at 07:56 PM.
CPTLA999 is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 07:59 PM #97
SOAD8789
Massive
 
SOAD8789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 864
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrain
sorry to hear that man losing a dog sucks we put ours down a month ago. it took a while for the ****ty feeling to set in
I had a teacher named Dorothy Mantooth.
SOAD8789 is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 08:01 PM #98
pbfreak242
 
 
pbfreak242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: TN
 has been a member for 10 years
My dog attacked a couple people, so we put up a fench (not an electric one but a wood one) and they let us keep him. Sadly, a few years later we had to put him to sleep because of cancer.
pbfreak242 is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 08:05 PM #99
p8ntgurl
Like Tick, Tick
 
p8ntgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Deltona, FL
p8ntgurl is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
p8ntgurl donated to help Peyton Trent
p8ntgurl supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTLA999
I don't really care what you think.

It's never too late to train a dog to behave.. Sure, however, as a dog ages it becomes much more difficult to successfully train the animal.

Pitbulls and bulldogs are known to be of aggressive natures. You have the right to your own opinion. The breed is affectionate towards children, most of the time, if trained properly. The dogs are standoffish and aggressive towards strangers. HMM, sound like whats going on here?

Have you ever owned a bulldog? Have you ever owned more than one?

I'm almost getting the vibe that you feel the thread starter has done everything he can do. That he will never be able to change the dogs temperment. I'm sure the dog has never received proper training. If the dog does not get adequate exercise, he will act out also.
For the topic starter,http://www.rescuebulldogs.org/.
My stepdaughter and her family breed and sell bulldogs of all varities, so yes, I know what I'm talking about. I don't think the thread starter has done everything or I wouldn't offer to take the dog in with my own boxer and 4 kids.
__________________
Ad astra per aspera

Maybe it's not my weekend
But it's gonna be my year
p8ntgurl is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 08:08 PM #100
Ma-Trix R4 Kids
Gang Related
 
Ma-Trix R4 Kids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: SO*~714~*CAL
this reminds me of my old dog, he loved two things a lot, to chase fast things and chew on hair

that got him in a lot of trouble once when he tackled a 12 year old girl on roller blades and started knawing her hair, stupid puppy his cuteness got him in trouble but the girl was fine and we didnt have to put him to sleep though

I'm sorry for you man, but your dog is scary looking

j
__________________
THIS ONE'S FOR MUFFIN!

"Originally posted by VanHalen: my brothers deaf and my mom catches him masterbating at least once a day"
Ma-Trix R4 Kids is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 08:26 PM #101
xXinpayneXx
MW
 
xXinpayneXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 920
all you are is your neighbors *****. nothing more.

i say let p8ntgurl have it, at least she knows how to actually train a dog.
__________________
ΣTΓ
xXinpayneXx is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 08:56 PM #102
Jedunnigan
 
 
Jedunnigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTLA999
I don't really care what you think.

It's never too late to train a dog to behave.. Sure, however, as a dog ages it becomes much more difficult to successfully train the animal.

Pitbulls and bulldogs are known to be of aggressive natures. You have the right to your own opinion. The breed is affectionate towards children, most of the time, if trained properly. The dogs are standoffish and aggressive towards strangers. HMM, sound like whats going on here?

Have you ever owned a bulldog? Have you ever owned more than one?

I'm almost getting the vibe that you feel the thread starter has done everything he can do. That he will never be able to change the dogs temperment. I'm sure the dog has never received proper training. If the dog does not get adequate exercise, he will act out also.
For the topic starter,http://www.rescuebulldogs.org/.

I personnaly own two bulldogs myself and I don't agree with you. They are very loving and never tried to hurt anyone. The jump around on people when they come in...but thats it. Both are english bulldogs and I couldnt ask for anything better.
__________________
he was like
Jedunnigan is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 09:20 PM #103
p8ntcheck45
Hot Bread Z!
 
p8ntcheck45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Portland Oregon
Annual Supporting Member
p8ntcheck45 is a Supporting Member
p8ntcheck45 is a Professional paintball player
p8ntcheck45 is a Paintball photographer
p8ntcheck45 works for a Paintball manufacturer
p8ntcheck45 supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTLA999
P8ntCheck is a prime example of an immature child who purchases a dog that he cannot in any way take care of. He chose an aggressive breed of dog, and even though he knows this, he complains now that the dog is showing aggressive behavior. Now that he or his family cannot live with their naive decision, they are going to put the dog down.

FYI idiot, you need to train the dogs when they are young. You can't start now. Don't come here looking for pity when you make stupid choices. You do not have to put the dog down, your family simply doesn't want to deal with their decision so they are going to try and get rid of it. And you can't build a fence that the dog cannot get out of? It's not hard to do.

People like you should not be allowed to own dogs. Go ahead and put it to sleep, it wouldn't be happy living with you anyways, moron.
You my friend are a dumb
I have been fighting to keep her alive for months, and its worked out. until recently. She gets out through the front door, were there is no elect fence hence the god damn drive way. how much more do you expect me to do? I dont want her to die, I have NO friends becuase I go to school out of town my two dogs have always been there for me. I have done everything I can, ive called the humane society, the healthyhound and atleast 15 dog trainers, they all said that a dog that attacks unprovoked(sp) is untrainable.
oh fyi, boxxers are not agressive by bread. all dogs can be agressive becuase of their back ground.
and she hasnt been put down yet.
p8ntcheck45 is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 09:26 PM #104
xXinpayneXx
MW
 
xXinpayneXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntcheck45
You my friend are a dumb
I have been fighting to keep her alive for months, and its worked out. until recently. She gets out through the front door, were there is no elect fence hence the god damn drive way. how much more do you expect me to do? I dont want her to die, I have NO friends becuase I go to school out of town my two dogs have always been there for me. I have done everything I can, ive called the humane society, the healthyhound and atleast 15 dog trainers, they all said that a dog that attacks unprovoked(sp) is untrainable.
oh fyi, boxxers are not agressive by bread. all dogs can be agressive becuase of their back ground.
and she hasnt been put down yet.
give it to p8ntgurl
__________________
ΣTΓ
xXinpayneXx is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 09:27 PM #105
p8ntcheck45
Hot Bread Z!
 
p8ntcheck45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Portland Oregon
Annual Supporting Member
p8ntcheck45 is a Supporting Member
p8ntcheck45 is a Professional paintball player
p8ntcheck45 is a Paintball photographer
p8ntcheck45 works for a Paintball manufacturer
p8ntcheck45 supports our troops
Weve spent 2000 to train the dog, have had to pay someone who sued us with their medical bills over the dog running at them, ive spent hundreds of hours tryign to train her, weve spent thousands of dollars, weve dont as much as we can. She is UNTRAINABLE -coming from the words of a person who loves dogs, and trains them for a living.
maybe I left one thing unclear, the dog was passed down through 4 seperate famlys, we being the 4th.
The other dog in the picture is the most well behaved, kind, loving, trained dog ive ever met. and that is minus spendning the thousands of dollars on training, I think were not that bad of getting the dog trained, It was just the way she was wired.
and im not the heartless person some of you guys call me, Like I said up there, I have no real friends that I ever get to see, these dogs are my life, it is horrible and I agree, I dont want her put to sleep, but its out of my hands.
p8ntcheck45 is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump