Question For The Knife Aficionados - Page 2 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-04-2005, 08:40 PM #22
CPTLA999
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Would you consider an Auto or spring assisted? I could suggest a few.
CPTLA999 is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2005, 08:44 PM #23
Jedunnigan
 
 
Jedunnigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NYC
Those are fine...The only fold out I don't want is a butterfly.
__________________
he was like
Jedunnigan is offline  
Old 10-04-2005, 09:33 PM #24
slateman
 
 
slateman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Chantilly, VA
slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
For a folding knife, I suggest you check out Columbia River Knife and Tool. Their M-16 selection is great and won't cost you an arm and a leg.
__________________
In your haste to save the world, take care you don't destroy it.
slateman is offline  
Old 10-04-2005, 09:42 PM #25
Jedunnigan
 
 
Jedunnigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NYC
Wow, thanks for the idea. Those are some really nice knives. Lots of models to choose from, I will be looking at that site for awhile.
__________________
he was like
Jedunnigan is offline  
Old 10-04-2005, 09:50 PM #26
-|2ain
Hallelujah Holla Back!
 
-|2ain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedunnigan
Those are fine...The only fold out I don't want is a butterfly.

how come ?
__________________
"Originally posted by jacksonblue: im gay
In the event that the above post is taken seriously any and all damage done is directly the readers fault.
Greek Disaster Tennis - Turntable Badass
Titsmanian Head Samurai
"Don't tell your problems to ST: eighty percent don't care; and the other twenty percent are glad you have them. "
-|2ain is offline  
Old 10-04-2005, 09:54 PM #27
osama yo mama
 
 
osama yo mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: bend, OR
 has been a member for 10 years
I dont know much about knives, but the one I have right now is a benchmade mini-griptilian somethin or other. Its my fishing knife and the blade is still perfect, hasnt rusted or anything. Some knives I remember liking were the Ti-Lite (sp). Its like a stiletto lookin thing spring assist. Its pretty cool but I dunno about as a camping knife. Also a certain Kershaw with this wierd finish, I think titanium oxide or something but not sure. Its like the purple shiny kinda psychedelic lookin
thing and and spring assist also.
__________________
"Originally posted by Wasted_Teenager
Osama is correct. "

"Originally posted by Yanni
You make me laugh, and feel warm inside."
osama yo mama is offline  
Old 10-04-2005, 09:55 PM #28
Jedunnigan
 
 
Jedunnigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by -|2ain
how come ?
Don't get me wrong....they are ****ing awsome. Mainly because they arnt very useful for my purpose. I'm not buying the knife to flail it around and show off. I mean if I end up buying a really cheap knife I might get a benchmade 42, but it's not on my top priority list.
__________________
he was like
Jedunnigan is offline  
Old 10-04-2005, 10:02 PM #29
PyroElf
 
 
PyroElf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Cant go wrong with a benchmade.
PyroElf is online now  
Old 10-04-2005, 11:28 PM #30
1andonlyagain
 
 
1andonlyagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
1andonlyagain is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedunnigan
Wow, thanks for the idea. Those are some really nice knives. Lots of models to choose from, I will be looking at that site for awhile.
I own/owned many diffrent CRKT knives, the ones that get the most use now are my Lightfoot M1 in M1-13K style and my M16 "Special Forces" in "Big Dog" size.. I use the latter the most, it is perfect for outdoor usage. I use it mostly on my hunting property and my ranch in Texas. It's a perfect size for doing alot of hard labor. Many of my hunting buddies use a CRKT Ryan Model 7. That is a really nice knife, but I like blades that arent so large unless I am carrying my Ontario Tak-1 Serrated (another great non-folding work knife). SOG makes very nice knifes too, my favorite SOG folder is the SOG Trident, which is a totally kick *** knife.
Look at some of them and get back to us soon!
1andonlyagain is offline  
Old 10-04-2005, 11:39 PM #31
rumblepuppy
 
 
rumblepuppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
I can personally vouch for the CRKT line. I'm currently using an M16-14T which has a really nice set of titanium grips. Definately consider anything from CRKT.
__________________
[EASY COMPANY]
Is brought to you by:
ARCHON Paintball Distribution
Breakout Paintball, Paso Robles
The Crooked Kilt, Paso Robles
& Viewers Like You
My Feedback
rumblepuppy is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 12:15 AM #32
Paintballfool21
 
 
Paintballfool21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: WV
 has been a member for 10 years
Paintballfool21 supports our troops
http://www.quickknife.com/290bl.html
Cheap and nice
__________________
Live free or die

Miami Heat | Miami Dolphins | West Virginia Mountaineers

'11 WRX
Paintballfool21 is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 12:24 AM #33
THE_INCREDIBLE_BULK
sursum tuum obama
 
THE_INCREDIBLE_BULK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Denison, Tx.
THE_INCREDIBLE_BULK is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
THE_INCREDIBLE_BULK supports our troops
I gotta cold steel voyager. two of them actually, the small five inch, and the larger one... its big. But I usually carry a gerber or smith and wesson.
This is what I want.

http://www.quickknife.com/60bs.html
__________________
You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas.
Red River Firearms LLC
YouTubes
FBook

Last edited by THE_INCREDIBLE_BULK : 10-05-2005 at 12:31 AM.
THE_INCREDIBLE_BULK is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 02:13 AM #34
greenmile
 
 
greenmile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: UAC Phobos Lab
http://spyderco.com/

spyderco IMHO...best small blades. Gerber for hunting.
__________________
pps 45 squall
gr33nmil3
greenmile is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 05:05 AM #35
SpankyCocker14
Keep On Trollin' On
 
SpankyCocker14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Balls Deep In Panty Land
SpankyCocker14 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Cold Steel Recon1. The Blade Lock can hold over 150 pounds. 2 can provide enough holding power to let a 230 pound man do 10+ Pull-ups. They have 2 different blade types. Plain and 50/50 Plain And Sarrated. They also have 3 different tips, Tanto, Clip, and spear. AWESOME KNIVES. 4" Blades, 5 1/3" Handle, 9 1/3" Overall. 3.5 MM Black Thickness. 5.5-5.7 oz. overall weight. 440A Sub-Zero Quwnched Stainless Steel Zytel Handles. $69.99.

Cold Steel Triple Action.

Very Uniqe Blade opening design. Has to be seen to be understood. Very hard to explain. EXTREAMLY STRONG. Plain Blades in Tanto or Double Edge. ALL Stainless. 4" Blades, 9 1/8" Overall. 1/8" Thickness. 3.6oz total weight. AUS 8A Stainless. $109.99

Arch Angel. 4 7/8" Blade, 10 5/16" Overall. 3mm Blade Thickness. 4.6oz Weight. Titanium Handles. Carbon V Blades. Double Edge and Clip Point. This IS a Butterfly Knife. $219.99
__________________
Just Trollin' For The LuLz.
SpankyCocker14 is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 06:54 AM #36
Echo33 (Banned)
Banned
 
Echo33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Illinois
 has been a member for 10 years
Get a benchmade.

To that kid who said get an HK knife, don't.
Their guns are good but they outsource their knives to Boker. Boker makes good knives, but your paying an extra price for pretty much a standard Boker knife because it has the HK logo on it.

If you're going to buy a Boker might as well just actually buy one, rather than paying for all the mark up on a "Cool" HK version.

Just get a Benchmade.
Echo33 is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 06:55 AM #37
Echo33 (Banned)
Banned
 
Echo33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Illinois
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpankyCocker14
Cold Steel Recon1. The Blade Lock can hold over 150 pounds. 2 can provide enough holding power to let a 230 pound man do 10+ Pull-ups. They have 2 different blade types. Plain and 50/50 Plain And Sarrated. They also have 3 different tips, Tanto, Clip, and spear. AWESOME KNIVES. 4" Blades, 5 1/3" Handle, 9 1/3" Overall. 3.5 MM Black Thickness. 5.5-5.7 oz. overall weight. 440A Sub-Zero Quwnched Stainless Steel Zytel Handles. $69.99.

Cold Steel Triple Action.

Very Uniqe Blade opening design. Has to be seen to be understood. Very hard to explain. EXTREAMLY STRONG. Plain Blades in Tanto or Double Edge. ALL Stainless. 4" Blades, 9 1/8" Overall. 1/8" Thickness. 3.6oz total weight. AUS 8A Stainless. $109.99

Arch Angel. 4 7/8" Blade, 10 5/16" Overall. 3mm Blade Thickness. 4.6oz Weight. Titanium Handles. Carbon V Blades. Double Edge and Clip Point. This IS a Butterfly Knife. $219.99

Cold Steel sucks ***.

kthxbai
Echo33 is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 09:06 AM #38
krunkimp
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: dirty south
I'd suggest CRKT as well. I've been carrying the VanHoy Snap Lock for almost a year now. I use it almost on a daily basis. It has held up great, and looks cool.
They just introduced the Snap Lock 2, it's the same thing just smaller.

Check here:
http://www.crkt.com/snaplock.html

http://www.crkt.com/snaplock2.html
krunkimp is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 11:23 AM #39
DukeNukem
Salvation Lies Within
 
DukeNukem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: DC
DukeNukem is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
IMO Benchmade knives are way too expensive and overrated. I'd suggest a Kershaw assised opening lockblade.
DukeNukem is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 12:19 PM #40
Hathegkla
I have 4 tootsie pops!
 
Hathegkla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 510 *****es! OAKLAND!
Hathegkla is a Supporting Member
I like gerber, Krenshaw CRKT and spyder co, all good. I'd recommend Krenshaw or CRKT over the others.
__________________
qaStaHvIS wa' ram loS SaD Hugh SIjlaH qetbogh loD.


Death metal is pure evil embodied. Many people mistake it with it's brother, Black Metal, and those who do, are anally raped by Chuck Schuldiner's dead body.
Hathegkla is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 12:38 PM #41
DukeNukem
Salvation Lies Within
 
DukeNukem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: DC
DukeNukem is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Hatkegkla - I've never heard of Krenshaw. Do you mean Kershaw? Or Crenshaw? Also, the statement in your signature could be pretty inflammatory. I'm not very religious at all, but it still bothers me when people employ anti-semetism, anti-christianity, or other forms of pointless or unwarranted hatred towards a specific group. If hatred of a well-known religious figure is your inspiration to play a sport, then (despite how strange that is) all the power to you. Just don't go around with something inflamatory like that while you do so. I realize we live in a country where freedom of speech is taken at every point of opportunity. How about taking a little freedom of common sense along with it?
DukeNukem is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 07:16 PM #42
Jedunnigan
 
 
Jedunnigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andonlyagain
I own/owned many diffrent CRKT knives, the ones that get the most use now are my Lightfoot M1 in M1-13K style and my M16 "Special Forces" in "Big Dog" size.. I use the latter the most, it is perfect for outdoor usage. I use it mostly on my hunting property and my ranch in Texas. It's a perfect size for doing alot of hard labor. Many of my hunting buddies use a CRKT Ryan Model 7. That is a really nice knife, but I like blades that arent so large unless I am carrying my Ontario Tak-1 Serrated (another great non-folding work knife). SOG makes very nice knifes too, my favorite SOG folder is the SOG Trident, which is a totally kick *** knife.
Look at some of them and get back to us soon!
I'm now seriously considering a CRKT, jsut need to find a model that suits me. I will have one by tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintballfool21
Looks nice, but I doubt it will last for very long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_INCREDIBLE_BULK
I gotta cold steel voyager. two of them actually, the small five inch, and the larger one... its big. But I usually carry a gerber or smith and wesson.
This is what I want.

http://www.quickknife.com/60bs.html
Cool knife, dont like the design. I wouldn't try a knife of that shape before I bought one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmile
http://spyderco.com/

spyderco IMHO...best small blades. Gerber for hunting.
Not looking for something that small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpankyCocker14
Cold Steel Recon1. The Blade Lock can hold over 150 pounds. 2 can provide enough holding power to let a 230 pound man do 10+ Pull-ups. They have 2 different blade types. Plain and 50/50 Plain And Sarrated. They also have 3 different tips, Tanto, Clip, and spear. AWESOME KNIVES. 4" Blades, 5 1/3" Handle, 9 1/3" Overall. 3.5 MM Black Thickness. 5.5-5.7 oz. overall weight. 440A Sub-Zero Quwnched Stainless Steel Zytel Handles. $69.99.

Cold Steel Triple Action.

Very Uniqe Blade opening design. Has to be seen to be understood. Very hard to explain. EXTREAMLY STRONG. Plain Blades in Tanto or Double Edge. ALL Stainless. 4" Blades, 9 1/8" Overall. 1/8" Thickness. 3.6oz total weight. AUS 8A Stainless. $109.99

Arch Angel. 4 7/8" Blade, 10 5/16" Overall. 3mm Blade Thickness. 4.6oz Weight. Titanium Handles. Carbon V Blades. Double Edge and Clip Point. This IS a Butterfly Knife. $219.99
Very nice, I will look into those, thanks.
__________________
he was like
Jedunnigan is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump