Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-30-2005, 11:29 PM #1
CoreyGill
Resident Wise-guy

CoreyGill is a Supporting Member
I Need Answers!!!

on the osiris cocker...what does the second lpr do...this seems liek the appropriate place to ask
"Originally posted by Dr.StraightPride: There once was a boy named Johnny. Johnny enjoyed PbNation and paintball in general. He enjoyed reading information and trying new modifications to his marker based on PbNation users' experiences. Unfortunately, Johnny could not spell. At all, ever. Not on Sunday or Wednesday. hI sP3lT lyK3 d1S. Then one day, I beat Johnny's head in with an iron pipe.
Then Johnny put a B/S/T post in the WGP forum and I ate his spleen."
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-01-2005, 09:09 PM #2
ameen

has been a member for 10 years
one controls teh pressure for the bolt and the other for teh ram/hammer

NEED MONEY FAST
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post40812276
Old 10-05-2005, 12:40 AM #3
Polish Guy
WarMachine Guru

...Ameen that's the same thing buddy

The top one controls the pressure to push the cocking rod back, thus the pressure to cock the gun, while the bottom one controls the pressure to close the chamber, or bring the bolt forward.

The Original WarMachine Factory Team
SN's a nationality - not a shoe shine...

FeedbacK
Old 10-05-2005, 10:02 AM #4
ameen

no...one contols the bolt moving and the the other teh pnematic ram. the ram is spring returned so there is very little pressure required to move the bolt. the bolt moves witht eh same presure froward as it does back.

i always thought that it would be a good cheaper alternative to the osiris to have a higher cocking pressure and a lower forwared pressure. that would get rid of the need for the EP ram

i hope taht made sence

NEED MONEY FAST
Old 10-06-2005, 09:17 PM #5
pfnpb2x

Ameen, I could be wrong, but since Polish Guy is part of the group that made the Assault, I'd think he'd know what he's talking about. But of course, knowing Matt, he's probably wrong. Jk Matt !!
Old 10-06-2005, 10:24 PM #6
Polish Guy
WarMachine Guru

Yay! Backup just playing

Wait, it's a pneumatic ram...but it uses a spring? On an autococker...there's only one ram...and that's the one on the front block lol. It's been quite a long time since I've teched a cocker, but no ram I've ever come across has a spring in it. Try manually pulling the back block back - if the ram had a spring in it, it would come back towards the gun when you let go (it does do this to some extent but that has nothing to do with the ram. That's the mainspring creating tension the hammer connected to the cocking rod bringing it back).

Check out a Sandridge or an F5 with an LPR mod done to it - same concept.

Or it could be because I'm dead tired and I'm kicking a horse that might not even be....well, alive... it's all relative lol

The Original WarMachine Factory Team
SN's a nationality - not a shoe shine...

FeedbacK
Old 10-13-2005, 12:02 AM #7
ameen

int eh osiris conversion there is another ram that is added. It is not eh same as in the sandrige.

int eh F5 the second ram trips a sear; in the osiris, it is like a BKO ram where the hammer was. a ram in a BKO is pushed forward with air and returned with a spring.

i am almost 100% positive that this is how it works

NEED MONEY FAST
Old 10-13-2005, 08:12 PM #8
cockerpunk (Banned)

there are two rams in an osiris. one controls the bolt (the one were all used to seeing on cockers) the other is inside the bottem cyclinder. its basically a timmy styled rams that controls the hammer. thusly the one lpr controls the ram for the back block and one controls the the ram for the hammer.