Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 07:27 PM #1
electraman7 (Banned)
Short Controlled Bursts!

electraman7 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Overview of All Spyders ever made

All Spyder incorporate the same firing system. If you purchase any spyder, the basics of the gun are identical to some of the first Spyder blowbacks ever made. The only differences in the various models are the type of cocking, vertical feed style, vertical adaptor in some cases, and the grip frame. For instance, you can buy a Spyder Imagine, and the only differences between that and the Fenix are the “clamping” feedneck, vertical adaptor (the imagine accepts standard threading, and advantage) and the milling on the body.

When purchasing any spyder, you are simply buying the basic blowback marker, and any accessories or upgrades Kingman includes. Some of the upgrades Kingman includes on their guns are good, some of them you will need to replace if you wish (ie: feedneck, trigger).

Please refer to this guide before asking about features of certain guns, and please Private Message me if you have any questions or have any corrections that should be made.

tab style feedneck

screw style feedneck

not in production

The Spyder Victor was a low cost, semi auto mechanical spyder, it has the least features out of all the spyders, but is at a good price, if you can still find one, since it has been replaced with the improved version, the Victor II. The Victor I did not have a front block/ASA, so a new one would have to be purchased to put a standard regulator on it.
not in production

The Victor II, is the cheapest mech spyder, and also has the most potential to upgrade, its low cost allows it to be upgraded in par with any other spyder for equal or lesser price. The Victor II includes a front block/ASA, so a new reg or expansion chamber can be added, because the front grip is simply a rubber grip with the stainless steel hose running thru it.

The Spyder Xtra is a lower cost mech, with most standard features, vertical feed, expansion chamber, and rear cocking bolt. It can be found at very low prices, and with the addition of an E-Grip, will be at or above other higher cost spyders.
tab style feedneck
not in production
*New Version Available*

The Spyder TL is the predecessor to the TL-Plus, with a single trigger mechanical frame, powerfeed, and rear-cocking.
not in production
*New Version Available*

The TL-Plus is a rear cocking, double trigger mechanical marker, with a powerfeed. Set the design style for all the newer mechanical spyders, if it were not powerfeed, it could easily be one of the better mechanical spyders.
not in production
*New Version Available*

The TL-X is the remake the TL, and has the standard features of all the other spyders, with the exception of top cocking.
tab style feedneck

The TL-R is a version of the TL-X, still top cocking, but matte anodized, and with a 15* ASA. Screw Style VA.
tab style feedneck

Last edited by electraman7 : 05-23-2006 at 06:17 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-29-2005, 07:29 PM #2
electraman7 (Banned)
Short Controlled Bursts!

The Spyder Shutter is a older model, with a rear cocking body and a power feed. It also includes a external regulator on the drop forward, but it does not do very much, but the gauge will tell you the operating pressure. [no longer in production]

The Spyder Rodeo is a newer mechanical marker, rear cocking, and a tab style vertical feed. It uses a non-standard ASA adapter, but it includes a stock regulator. To replace the stock one though, you must also replace the front block/ASA, since it uses a allen screw style attachment method rather than the industry standard threading.
tab style feedneck

The new Spyder Sonix 2 is a mechanical top cocking marker. It is a newer no-thrills spyder, with the higher price tag because of it being newer and with a heavier milled body. tab style feedneck

The Spyder AGGressor is the same as the Victor I, but it uses Rear cocking rather than the Vizion internal cocking method seen on the Victor models.

Older Spyder model, powerfeed, and lower tube cocking. Very outdated, requires a hex key to adjust velocity.

One of the first blowback spyders very outdated with a lower tube cocking mechanism. No VA, only a LPC and a metric hose adapter. Powerfeed.

The Spyder Sport is a lower tube cocking spyder, and uses a plastic composite body, with and integrated sight rail and composite trigger frame. Uses a hex key to change velocity.

The Spyder Mini, I have no clue what the difference between the Mini and the Sport are, just come in different colors…. If anyone knows, PM me.

Spyder MR1. Scenario Spyder, top cocking, mechanical, right hand feed. AMG Style foregrip. 1 of 5 newly released spyders. Will accept ESP and CAMD frames.

Last edited by electraman7 : 05-27-2006 at 10:01 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:30 PM #3
electraman7 (Banned)
Short Controlled Bursts!

The Spyder Electra is a left hand cocking electro. It uses an LED digit display to display ROF and mode of fire. It includes Semi, 3 round burst, 6 round burst, and full auto. All adjustable from 5-13 BPS.

The Spyder Electra DX model is also a left hand cocking electro, using a LED digit display to adjust mode of fire and rate of fire. Includes It includes Semi, 3 round burst, 6 round burst, and full auto. All adjustable from 5-13 BPS. It also has a 14” 2 piece barrel, and a gauge mount on the ASA above the expansion chamber, showing the operating pressure.

The 2005 Electra is the newest version of the Electra series, with the most features, for a price. It includes the top cocking ACS bolt, a rocking trigger frame, a stock adjustable feedneck, and the most milled spyder body to date. The only downside to this gun is the very expensive Rocking Trigger frame, which is liked by some, and disliked by others, opinion based.
tab style feedneck

The Spyder Esprit is a variation of the Imagine, just without a Expansion chamber or bottom line. If you can find one, it is the best deal for a electronic spyder, because it allows you to add a regulator or expansion chamber without paying for the one that Kingman includes.

The Spyder Imagine Select has all the features of the 2003 Imagine, except it has a small drop-forward, and uses right hand cocking, which is actually more of a disadvantage because there are no aftermarket bolts for right hand cocking spyders.

The 2003 Spyder Imagine was the first of the Imagine series. LED light display allows adjustment of 3 round burst, 6 round burst, Full Auto 7bps, and Full auto 13bps. The Imagine uses internal vision cocking, and has a vertical no-tab feed neck.

The 2004 Imagine was the second marker in the Imagine line, with a more advanced LED display, and uses a vertical feed tab system, instead if screws like its predecessor. The body has had significantly more milling than the 2003 version also.
tab style feedneck

The 2005 Spyder Imagine is the latest marker in the Imagine line, with a tab vertical feed system, and a redesigned trigger almost identical to the Check It Products sweet spot Trigger, which uses a 2-point trigger adjustment system rather than a just a 1 point system. The electronic display is now a LED digit display similar to the one on the Spyder Electra DX.
tab style feedneck

The Spyder Flash is a rear-cocking electronic Spyder, with a tab style vertical feed. Uses Dip-Switch panel. Button style field strip pin.

Last edited by electraman7 : 05-27-2006 at 10:01 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:31 PM #4
electraman7 (Banned)
Short Controlled Bursts!

The Flash LCD has all the features of the other model, except with a LCD screen and a “regulator” and gauge mounted on the ASA. Does not accept aftermarket boards.

The Spyder E-99 is a rear cocking electronic gun, with a screw style feedneck. The E-99 uses a dip switch to change firing modes and basic ROF, and has a “splash” annodization.

The E-99 Avant has a tab-style vertical feed, which is actually a plastic clamping feedneck. It uses LED lights and a button to change firing modes and has a sleeker looking drop than the E-99
tab style feedneck

The Spyder Pilot ACS is an electronic top-cocking spyder. It uses the Kingman CAMD display to change firing modes and ROF. The VA on the Pilot will not accept standard threaded regulators or expansion chambers, you will need to purchase a new VA.

The 2005 Spyder Pilot ACS has all the feature of the ’04 Pilot except a standard trigger guard instead of the full length hand guard. The VA still does not accept standard threading. The trigger is 2 point adjustable.
tab style feedneck

The Spyder Fenix ACS is a electronic top-cocking spyder. The Fenix uses a CAMD frame to adjust ROF. The Fenix uses a tab-style vertical feed, and the stock one on the Fenix is a “clamping” feedneck. The Fenix does not accept standard threaded reg’s or exp. chambers, you will need to purchase a new VA for that. Includes Stock Regulator.
tab style feedneck

The Spyder AMG Classic was the first electronic blowback Spyder made by Kingman, and considered by some to be one of the best. It uses a dip switch panel to adjust ROF and firing modes, and is left hand cocking with a screw style vertical feed. The disadvantage of the AMG is its incompatibility with other spyders. The grip frame, trigger, and expansion chamber are all one of a kind. You can purchase a regulator adaptor for the VA, but they are rare. The ASA also incorporates a regulator and gauge into the ASA, similar to the Flash. Runs at a lower pressure than other Spyder Markers because of the larger valve chamber and foregrip.

The AMG LCD incorporates all the features of the AMG Classic, except it has an LCD screen to change ROF, view highest ROF, and change firing modes. It also is left hand cocking and uses screw style vertical feenecks. Runs at a lower pressure than other Spyder Markers because of the larger valve chamber and foregrip.

Spyder MR2. Scenario Electronic T-Style cocking, no aftermarket bolts available. Right hand feed. Unknown new body style, compatibility unknown. Newest Electronic blow-back spyder. Removable offset sight-rail, removable folding stock. NOT COMPATIBLE with ESP or CAMD frames. Re-designed down to the microswitch on the trigger.

Last edited by electraman7 : 05-27-2006 at 10:04 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:46 PM #5
the trooper

the trooper is a Supporting Member
Nice work, I will sticky it for you.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:46 PM #6
Possessed-Rabbit
The Ruiner

Possessed-Rabbit is a Supporting Member
Nice list man. Good job.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:03 PM #7
benzy2
angry bird

Annual Supporting Member
Thats decent but you are missing a few. No spyder elite, spyder SE, spyder compact A P or 2000, the original spyder sonix, compact 2 in one, All of the java series which was basically just anno differences, spyder 2000, you call the aggressor XT just the aggressor when they made both, and java complex deluxe. http://www.spyderzone.net/index.php basically has a list of every kingman gun made to date and sorts them by pump, mech, or electro. It has nice pictures of the guns as well. You may want to look at those and edit things a bit.

Quick edit: It seems as if they lumped the classic, one and elite as one gun. I know the only difference between the one and elite was a metal or plastic frame and i think that they called the classic "classic" after new models came out and they want to bump sales a but by renaming a current gun, the one or elite.

Last edited by benzy2 : 09-29-2005 at 08:05 PM.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:26 PM #8
spyderowner69

and aggressor xt

feedback-http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=15518788#post15518788
spimmy thread- http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1619242
Old 09-30-2005, 08:35 PM #9
Possessed-Rabbit
The Ruiner

Possessed-Rabbit is a Supporting Member
He has the Sonix in there.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:48 PM #10
electraman7 (Banned)
Short Controlled Bursts!

Updates/corrections will be made.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:34 AM #11
CoreyGill
Resident Wise-guy

CoreyGill is a Supporting Member
kingman hammer pumps? they arent on the list
"Originally posted by Dr.StraightPride: There once was a boy named Johnny. Johnny enjoyed PbNation and paintball in general. He enjoyed reading information and trying new modifications to his marker based on PbNation users' experiences. Unfortunately, Johnny could not spell. At all, ever. Not on Sunday or Wednesday. hI sP3lT lyK3 d1S. Then one day, I beat Johnny's head in with an iron pipe.
Then Johnny put a B/S/T post in the WGP forum and I ate his spleen."
Old 10-01-2005, 12:16 PM #12
electraman7 (Banned)
Short Controlled Bursts!

this is a list of blowbacks. pump =/= blowback.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:43 PM #13
adgergewh

That bottom tube left hand cocking older Spyder is the original Sonix.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:24 PM #14
silverlude311
Silver

probably the best thing you have ever done flippy
Old 10-01-2005, 08:29 PM #15
CoreyGill
Resident Wise-guy

CoreyGill is a Supporting Member
oh didnt know...just read it was all spyders
"Originally posted by Dr.StraightPride: There once was a boy named Johnny. Johnny enjoyed PbNation and paintball in general. He enjoyed reading information and trying new modifications to his marker based on PbNation users' experiences. Unfortunately, Johnny could not spell. At all, ever. Not on Sunday or Wednesday. hI sP3lT lyK3 d1S. Then one day, I beat Johnny's head in with an iron pipe.
Then Johnny put a B/S/T post in the WGP forum and I ate his spleen."
Old 10-01-2005, 10:38 PM #16
adgergewh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyGill
oh didnt know...just read it was all spyders
A Spyder is a Kingman marker.
A Hammer is Kingman marker.
Spyder =/= Hammer
Old 10-03-2005, 03:21 PM #17
The Attacker (Banned)
Banned

it says...

pump action
Spyder Hammer on the site...

but i derno
Old 10-06-2005, 07:50 AM #18
BellyDown

Also, the new Sonix comes in regular & sonix PRO. The PRO has an expansion chamber & a vertical grip instead of a 45 grip.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:38 PM #19
electraman7 (Banned)
Short Controlled Bursts!

are you serious? 200$? that must be the best spyder ever....

reported.....
Old 10-07-2005, 12:09 PM #20
Dalum
MANG TOMAS IS THE STUFF!

I've got a gigantor list/database (I don't know if it's compete) of all things Kingman. Hammers I, II and III, Spyders, Both EM1s and the Ravens. I was thinking of putting up a prelim PDF version of it and get some feedback from everyone so I can get it up and suitable for everyone. I figured that this would be a great thread to put it up on. (in a non-thread hijacking kind of way.)
Old 10-08-2005, 11:51 PM #21
badger109

i didn't read the thread and it might have been stated, but I think the 2 older electras are right hand cocking as with the imagine select
Closed Thread